White Smoke coming from the Edge Chimney

Giff probably told PJ that if he were DC, he'd blitz 90% of the time. We're bound to force someone into some 3rd and long situations....and maybe, just maybe, force someone into kicking the ball.

Seriously though, demjackets said something about the players having a favorite. Hard to imagine they were all rooting for old-man Groh instead of Giff, no?

Demjackets said:

The players had someone they were all pulling for, lets see how they react.
The way I read this is that the players' favorite is not necessarily the one who was chosen.

He may have meant that the players aren't getting who they wanted.
Dems stated that they "had" been wanting someone and that he wanted to see how the players would react.

Muschamp, after turning down the head coaching job at Tennessee, gives up millions of dollars at Texas to take the defensive coordinator position at Georgia Tech.

Let's try to keep this somewhat realistic....geez.

What i've heard is that Kirby Smart has accepted the job for $250k a year....he and his wife just love the metro Atlanta area that much.

I think these points counter each other. Everyone likes Giff, particularly as a recruiter, so we don't want to put Giff in a position to fail. A young, unproven coach, promoted mid year, carried into a BCS game, is asking too much, and presenting him with an opportunity to fail more than succeed. If we give him an off season, a young but good coach has a chance to be successful.

BTW - sources tell me the G is for Glanville... Jerry Glanville. ;)

I completely disagree with your thinking. My thinking is that for someone very young on our staff that we LOVE where he is currently at, to promote him mid year as an 'interim DC' is far better.

1.) If he fails, we can say we gave you a shot, please keep doing what we love that you do.
2.) If he is successful, give him the full title after the season.

On the other hand if you wait till the offseason to 'promote' him that is no temporary thing. If he's not ready to be a DC and fails, then we don't have many options. Asking him if he would like to go back to what he was doing is our only hope, and he might not accept that.

I think we all got spoiled thinking about Groh. I think it's great we're getting a new guy, whoever it is, and I trust CPJ's judgment and am willing to give them a chance.

Giff probably told PJ that if he were DC, he'd blitz 90% of the time. We're bound to force someone into some 3rd and long situations....and maybe, just maybe, force someone into kicking the ball.

Let's just trample all of our traditions. Make our helmets green while you're at it.

Seriously though, demjackets said something about the players having a favorite. Hard to imagine they were all rooting for old-man Groh instead of Giff, no?

He did not say that their favorite got the job. Let's see how they react.

It's Lane Kiffin. He's been coach at USC way too long.

So there will be another press conference on Friday to hire Groh then?

Thr night - lame kitten
Fri morn - kitten defects to next program x, Groh hired
Fri day - Groh announces retirement
Fri night, happy hour - Jerry Glanville announced the winner

glanvillportlant.jpg

Hammer immediately launches his come back tour with new clothes, in his preferred version of Old Gold
mc-hammer.jpg

If his first name starts with a "G", then it may be a pleasant surprise!

Father Time

StingTalk meltdown in progress...

Back