Who do we have playing today...

Holy öööö, I didn't realize that was Brian Jordan in the booth that was so terrible.

Personal foul is always a first down. That coach is stupid, too.

Massive troll job by WR head coach who played for crosstown rival Northside. He got the Demons to the Title Game in consecutive years just to be runners up each time.

Jammie Robinson safety #6.
Tavian Mayo Corner #2
DeAngelo Griffin #55 but for some reason is wearing Carter on his back tonight.

Massive troll job by WR head coach who played for crosstown rival Northside. He got the Demons to the Title Game in consecutive years just to be runners up each time.
Pretty impressive that both of those schools made it to the ship.

I believe in you, Bainbridge. Yeah, a couple months ago Warner Robbins beat you 38-0 while holding you to less than 100 yards of offense. This is a new day, though. That Fromm kid is garbage and if you force him to throw 5 interceptions, hold onto the ball, and get a couple of big chunk plays...this could be a game. Go Bearcats!
Well, that happened.

Read reports that Brent Key was seen on the sidelines with CGC at the Benz also. Although he could just be there recruiting for Bama. @JacketForLife any new info on Key?

You be the judge...

Remember Reggie Ball, a warrior and a tough competitor that just couldn't hack it as P5 QB, well that's the same way I see this recruit

I wish him well, but I don't think P5 QB is in his future

I'm kinda torn that TStan gave Coach G the 7 yr. deal, part of the reason he did it was that he's forcing Coach G to honor recruits previously committed under another system

IMO this is unfair to Coach G, he should have been given a shorter contract AND given the flexibility to release all the commits from the previous regime

It seems as if Coach G is coming in with less power than CPJ had, when CPJ came in he had the authority to proclaim, "don't want him, don't need him, doesn't fit the system", and send guys packing

Yet Coach G is forced to keep commits that probably aren't good fits for his system, hence the extra 2 yrs. on the contract

It's like TStan is forcing GT FB to be "nice guys" rather than apex predators out on the hunt for an ACC title

Releasing recruits in time to find other programs that fit their skillsets is not unprofessional or unethical in any way, yet GT FB choose to handcuff itself yet again and make our climb that much more difficult

Releasing recruits in time to find other programs that fit their skillsets is not unprofessional or unethical in any way, yet GT FB choose to handcuff itself yet again and make our climb that much more difficult

Sorry, but that gets a hard disagree from me. It was pretty well covered in the recent Satterfield-Louisville thread, but kids are frequently told to commit to the school not the coach. I think CGC has every right to be honest with the recruits and let them know if they're not likely to have a meaningful spot on the roster (i.e. encourage them to reopen their recruitment). This gives the athletes the choice to take his talents elsewhere if he so chooses. But pulling offers from committed recruits for purely roster management purposes should be a non-starter.

Remember Reggie Ball, a warrior and a tough competitor that just couldn't hack it as P5 QB, well that's the same way I see this recruit

I'm kinda torn that TStan gave Coach G the 7 yr. deal, part of the reason he did it was that he's forcing Coach G to honor recruits previously committed under another system

IMO this is unfair to Coach G, he should have been given a shorter contract AND given the flexibility to release all the commits from the previous regime

It seems as if Coach G is coming in with less power than CPJ had, when CPJ came in he had the authority to proclaim, "don't want him, don't need him, doesn't fit the system", and send guys packing

Yet Coach G is forced to keep commits that probably aren't good fits for his system, hence the extra 2 yrs. on the contract

It's like TStan is forcing GT FB to be "nice guys" rather than apex predators out on the hunt for an ACC title

You're right, T Stan totally said "Hmm, I'd rather pay an extra $6 million dollars to a coach who may or may not be good so he doesn't have to hurt a few 18 year olds feelings."

ööööing moron.

You're right, T Stan totally said "Hmm, I'd rather pay an extra $6 million dollars to a coach who may or may not be good so he doesn't have to hurt a few 18 year olds feelings."

ööööing moron.
One of the coaches of one of the players that got released has said that Satterfield is no longer welcome at his school.

One of the coaches of one of the players that got released has said that Satterfield is no longer welcome at his school.
I'm not saying that pulling schollies is something a new coach should do, but that T Stan did not add two years to CGC's contract to avoid hurting the feelings of some 18 year olds recruits from one season. He added two years in recognition of the amount of change to everything required, but even if he hadn't, the new coach still would not have been allowed to pull schollies.

GT has to do it this way, IMO, because a big part of our sales pitch is about more than just football. I do suspect we will see some decommits and transfers, no idea how many. CGC will have some tough, honest conversations with guys and that happens. But you can't go in there and just pull offers from commits.

Back