Why do Georgia people hate us?

BLEEDGOLD

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!
Ok, my very best friend slammed me about "you Tech people" and doesn't understand why Tech fans (alums included) hate Georgia so much. This was more than a little tough to handle personally and not quite sure where it leads but can any of you share "why" you personally hate Georgia? I certainly have my reason...getting hit in the head by a full bottle of beer while in the Tech marching band at Athens....insight here?
drinking.gif
puke.gif

Fwiw, I would honestly have to say that other than when UGA is playing us I frequently give in to state pride and pull for them. My beef is with the yahoos who live and die by the sports records and whose year is made or broken by the wins/losses. Whether we like it or not UGA is a good school academically and getting better. Last I read it has gotten a great deal harder to get into, SATs are getting closer to ours, and it has some really good graduate and research programs, especially in agriculture. Cow college jokes aside, anyone want to eat microchips instead of steak and potaotes?

I can't help but remember freshmen orientation when it was emphasized that GT was not just an excellent school but it was also a HARD school as well. Talk about understatement! Anyway, maybe it's an elitist thing, the way Green Berets, Seals, Rangers,Recon Marines feel they are better than the rank and file members of their respective services.

Tech's enrollment is what,12,000 or so, while UGA is +/- 35,000, so the 'we're better than you are' comparison is understandably natural and valid by any number of sociological benchmarks. Also, anytime large groups of people gather,i.e. Sanford Stadium, individual identity and sense of moral responsibility tend to disappear and the mob/herd behavior takes over and people do things that they normally wouldn't think of doing.

That being said, if you ever hear some redneck asshole bragging about hitting a GT band member w/ a full beer(what a waste), I'll cover your back while you kick his ass!

Selah.

drinking.gif
blue.gif
drinking.gif
blue.gif

I'd be there to catch the beer, but it was probably an Old Milwaukee.
Everybody knows that "When you said BUDWEISER ... you've said it all"
Actually was threatened after our last victory at UGA and our last victory at BDS by some UGetanA drunks. Recently, was followed around Food Lion in Adairsville one Sunday morning by a couple of Bonehead older teens that seemed to enjoy badmouthing Tech within earshot of me (I was wearing my Tech hat). They didn't want to seem to discuss the finer points of "Principles and Strategies of Basketball Coaching" after I asked them if they were having some kind of problem. Hopefully, they'll enjoy creeling in Dalton.

To Hell with Georgia!

I don't hate Georgia fans, nor their players, nor their school.

I am a Tech fan first, a UGA fan secondly, Southern teams against all other areas of the nation thirdly, and finally I am for anybody playing against Notre Dame.

Since there are only three in my entire family that are Tech fans, and that includes cousins, I guess I like UGA fans pretty well.

I have many friends that are UGA fans, and we kid each other regularly.

Do you have to hate someone in order to want to beat their teams? Seems like a waste of energy to me.

wink.gif

I don't have a problem with them, but some of them apparently think that I'm going to be frazzled when they shout in my general direction without provocation, "Tech sucks!"

Then again, these are also high school dorks that hang their heads out of passenger side windows on the freeway.

For the most part, it's a pretty good-natured sports rivalry, I think. We probably displace a lot of other anxieties and angers onto the rivalry. It's sort of a safe way to vent the otherwise unspeakable rage that, for instance, Republicans have at how things have turned out with their boy in the White House.

wink.gif
wink.gif
drinking.gif

The hatred of uga mofos is based on perceived
differences, just like most hatred is based.
Without it, where's the rivalry? Hatred adds
substance in a time where other reasons to
compete are de-valued by the mass of casual
fans.

I perceive my world to be quite different from
the uga mofo world - just go read dawgrun.com for
examples, not to mention the outright hatred
directed back at us ("our little bee feet up in the air as we got our ass kicked last November").

Plus, it's just good ol' human nature to hate
somebody or something and uga assholes attract
that kind of hatred naturally. Serious hatred,
dangerous hatred - so much so that I wish we
never played football with them again. Ok,
getting a little carried away here, but I would
dearly love to kick their asses 20 years in row,
that would shut their ^&*@#%damn mouths, but
would really rather beat AU this year (hate them
too).

And I have to tolerate the majority of my relatives
during the holidays barking at me and insulting me
and GT to point of fist fights.

You must realize, they hate us just as much, the
football game is the just the flashpoint for all
the anger, we are a warring people, we need hate.

Well I am in the minority here.. I hate UGA and anything associated with it (and I know Ahso, alot of wasted energy here... )

Why do I hate them?? I dont have that long to write.. their unabashed arrogance with anything athletically, they have some of the worst fans in sports, period.. most of their fans have few teeth and few brains.. the reverence given to a guy like Dooley who is a master at bending the rules just enough to get by, and to top it off, I married into a family whose members participated in every major sport at Georgia.. so I hear it year-round..

Why do they hate us... plain and simple.. any Tech student can get into Georgia and succeed... not many Georgia students can get into Tech and succeed... that is true even moreso in regards to student athletes.. nationally, a degree from Tech means more than a degree from Georgia.. they hate us because without athletic superiority, they would have nothing on Tech...

I am a DIE HARD Tech fan, but I truly believe that UGA fans hate the Gators a LOT more than they hate Tech.
I do think that in their own , pathetic way, they feel superior to Tech....and that leads to a lot of smack talk.

Why do Clemson and USC hate each other? Why do Texas and A&M hate each other? Why do Duke and UNC? It's a rivalry! That's how it's supposed to be. Why not ask your Ga friend why Georgia fans hate Tech? It's a school that has provided much of the impetus for the economic developement of Georgia. Shouldn't they like us?

they hate us because without athletic superiority, they would have nothing on Tech...

LOL! Man for a minute there Jacketguy I thought you were serious...nah, I really didn't.

You might want to read ncjacket's response. I think it is that plain and simple.

I hate Ugag just about as much as you could hate anything.
There is not enough space on the board to document the resons why.
I would like to see everything inside 10 loop bulldozed to the ground. For good measure we could spread salt on the ground so nothing would ever grow there again.

Price Memorial Gold

More UGAg fans show outward signs of hatred to Tech fans than vice versa. The main cause is jealousy, plain and simple, and the jealousy is inflammed by Tech folks arrogance, which is real, especially in the workplace.

Most obnoxious UGAg fans did not attend UGAg, they are trailer park alumni, supporting the "common man's" team as opposed to the "factory boss's" team. Georgia employment is historically agricultural and textile mill hourly based. Every high school student who couldn't make high enough on the SAT to get into Tech, resents the hell out of those who did.

Therefore, its deeper than the usual rivalry in my opinion. I think its telling that of all the efforts of UGAg and Tech over the past two decades to improve their institutions whether athletically or academically, the most obvious is UGAg's efforts to increase its academic standards, and increase its level of research spending. Imitation is a form of flattery.

UGAg is changing right before our eyes. From being the whole state's ubiquitous party school that most good students could get into, to being out of the reach of most graduating seniors and now ever largely taking its students from the metro Atlanta area, UGAg is sure to eventually alienate a large portion of its rabid, rural Ga fan base. If only I live long enough to see it!!

when you come in to our boards and tell us to pick up hobbies .. that is not being jovial. and you didn't direct that remark to me.

Don't act like I just showed up and said "get a hobby and a life".

I was verbally insulted first by YOU, and retaliated at YOU alone, if I recall correctly. I said that you need a hobby because you were taking me too seriously, as well as the whole UGA / GT rivalry.

You keep saying "us" but the only one that has ever really had a problem with me is YOU.

You keep saying "us" but the only one that has ever really had a problem with me is YOU.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I dont really like you that much either.

Originally posted by sfalco:
when you come in to our boards and tell us to pick up hobbies .. that is not being jovial. and you didn't direct that remark to me.

Don't act like I just showed up and said "get a hobby and a life".

I was verbally insulted first by YOU, and retaliated at YOU alone, if I recall correctly. I said that you need a hobby because you were taking me too seriously, as well as the whole UGA / GT rivalry.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL .. no that is not what happened. your infamous "get a hobby" post was made on the hive. it was made when you thought someone out there was overanalyzing your school's "ring gate" episode so you thought it was a jovial and non threatening thing to suggest that he should pick a hobby.

after you made a post on a tech board telling a tech fan to go get a hobby .. i made a post suggesting you to find yourself a nice hobby such as butt sniffing, nad licking, goober eating, flea scratching .. or what the hell ever you mutts do.

this irked you to such an extent that you went on to explain why you had originally made the "get a hobby" post and that i am full of hatred towards you .. that i should get a life .. and of course you ended wishing me a good day.

your standard "when i make a post .. it's non threatening and jovial .. when you make a post .. it's full of hatred and vitriol" way to respond.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Well I am in the minority here.. I hate UGA and anything associated with it (and I know Ahso, alot of wasted energy here... )

Why do I hate them?? I dont have that long to write.. their unabashed arrogance with anything athletically, they have some of the worst fans in sports, period.. most of their fans have few teeth and few brains.. the reverence given to a guy like Dooley who is a master at bending the rules just enough to get by, and to top it off, I married into a family whose members participated in every major sport at Georgia.. so I hear it year-round..

Why do they hate us... plain and simple.. any Tech student can get into Georgia and succeed... not many Georgia students can get into Tech and succeed... that is true even moreso in regards to student athletes.. nationally, a degree from Tech means more than a degree from Georgia.. they hate us because without athletic superiority, they would have nothing on Tech...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ENOUGH SAID AND THERE'S MORE BUT YOU BASICALLY COVERED IT!

Back