Why do Georgia people hate us?

Originally posted by sfalco:
At Tech the Cheetah is across the I-75. You can walk there. I can eat at a bar/restaurant anywhere in Atlanta. I'll let you watch TV.

Bwwahhh! LOL! (coca-cola through the nose). Do you even understand why I'm laughing at that comment?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess I don't understand. Either you dont like women or you really like watching TV in a sportsbar. It's after 12, as a UGAg fan shouldn't you have put away you co-colas by now and broken out the Old Milwaulkee?

I splain it to ya...

UGA M/F = 43% / 57% = plenty of girls = mucho attractive ones as well = no need for Cheetah, where all you do is throw dollar bills at girls and go home to your dorm buddies.

At Tech the Cheetah is across the I-75. You can walk there. I can eat at a bar/restaurant anywhere in Atlanta. I'll let you watch TV.

Bwwahhh! LOL! (coca-cola through the nose). Do you even understand why I'm laughing at that comment?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess I don't understand. Either you dont like women or you really like watching TV in a sportsbar. It's after 12, as a UGAg fan shouldn't you have put away you co-colas by now and broken out the Old Milwaulkee?

I splain it to ya...

UGA M/F = 43% / 57% = plenty of girls = mucho attractive ones as well = no need for Cheetah, where all you do is throw dollar bills at girls and go home to your dorm buddies.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you count their udders the M/F gap that UGAg has grows even larger. When your frat buddies at UGAg got caught by the police did you swear you was just helping that sheep over the fence?

SFalco
You make this much too easy...
1)Unless you don't have a life... leaving at dawn to go to a football game in order to beat traffic is the biggest waste of time since the Rubics Cube... but... I get it now... because you Ugag fans are there so early and subsequently leave so late you only see UGag football on Saturdays and are in no position to realize that you aren't going to win the National Championship this year or any year... and I thought all the barking on the local radio was stupid... it's not stupid it's just plain ol' ignorance... SILLY ME...
and by the by... going back to Athens wouldn't be a big deal if no one had a reason to leave in the first place... why exactly do you live in Atlanta if Athens is "SO" great???... Geez this is so simple it pains me to explain it to you...

2) Again if you have to tell anyone where the nice house(singular) is... then again you prove my point... people come to Atlanta to see Buckhead or Midtown, or Inman Park etc. if I need to ask you where your nice house is it probably isn't worth my time... and the swim club on the TECH campus happens to have hosted the Olympic swim and diving events in the 1996 Centennial Olympics... yes, you have a really big stadium... I tend to compare it to the guys with big wheels on their trucks syndrome...

3) Oh yes, Athens the cultural mecca of the South... don't even waste your breathe... 5 blocks north of the TECH campus is the HIGH Museum of Art... that's NOT "lets get HIGH and go to the museum to view art"... it's hosting the collection from the Russian State Pushkin Museum
not a bunch of folksy 'Panic' braid and fade artists...
and again REM and Wide Spread Panic although top shelf they are not world beaters and couldn't hold a candle to the combo hip-hop, film, and Media empires that claim Atlanta as their home...
You may get 'Panic' twice a year and REM whenever Stipes comes out of his 'depressed/ repressed' condition but I wouldn't trade it for the 3 day Music Midtown ever!!! Or a summer of Chastain...... oh yeah and don't forget places like The Northside Tavern off 17th, and then there's Blind Willies... or if those don't suit you we can check out The Roxy or maybe The Tabernacle...

4) *sigh* And yes Athens smells... maybe you're just used to it... Scrubbers won't help... trust me I've fallen in crap before and it don't go away until your skin falls off... Dawgs still there??? Skin ain't fallen off yet... Get it???

The smell in the ATO house is different... that's money... it's what makes TECH grads so much more attractive to female candidates than UGag grads...

5) Yes I went to Southern Cal... but my daddy is a TECH grad... I was tailgating in November of '62 when Dodd's boys stopped Bear's boys on the goal-line to preserve a 7-6 victory... if I remember correctly the only Tide loss in twwo years...
And don't even try to compare Ugag to USC... we got National Championships to match anything that a Dawg has done and we got 4 no 5 Heisman trophies in Heritage Hall... one of 'em even belongs to a homicidal maniac... top that!!!
wink.gif

6) 136 students caught cheating and not a single coach lost his or her job... nuf' said...
7) the only good reason to go to Ugag is to get away from your Mom and Dad for a few years... there are hundreds of campuses all over the country that offer exactly what you say Athens is good for yet none of those seem to think that their campus is the end all beat all that so many UGag alum and fans believe Athens to be(you all are like the Islamic fanatics and their adoration for Mecca)...
You mock me for growing up on the Left coast yet I've been to Corvalis, Tacoma, College Station, Lincoln, South Bend, Palo Alto, Berkeley, College Park, Austin and others... Athens has got nothing on these towns... and every where I go people have heard of TECH or know of a TECH grad that they work with... nobody knows anything about UGag except Herschel Walker, and if they don't know sports they don't know who he is i.e. they don't know Ugag...
Yes I'll concede that UGag has gotten stronger recently in their academic environment but it's weak, weak, weak and only time will bear the fruit of current academic progress ... of course it's been around for more than 100 years so if all you're known for is beer and football so be it and yes!!! Eureka, I remember now...Hydrangeas.... if your happy with that 'level of excellence' then you're doing what makes you happy... and I'm not one to judge that...
go ahead ... make my day... by the way, I signed your paycheck and left it in your cubicle... I'm on my way to vacation... won't be back for a couple of weeks... try not to hump any legs while I'm gone it bugs the secretaries

To Hell With Georgia...

"Where else can you tailgate on a beautiful campus for half a day, walk to a retail/ restaurant/ bar area for food and drink in the afternoon or to catch up on other games on TV (too many options of restaurants and bars), and walk to the stadium in late afternoon or evening for kickoff? ALL without ever having to get in the car and drive everywhere."

boy, all I can say to that post is W-O-W! Being a GT alum has its' finer points certainly, but I sure didn't mean to stir up a "Bee's Nest" (no pun); my question was simply as to "why" Tech grads/fans "feel" that Georgia fans (grads ?) hate us. I cannot understand that from them; certainly can understand why they hate Florida (not being able to beat them), Auburn (neck vs neck), and Tennessee (who likes orange anyways?), but to say they "hate" Tech....why? Maybe that bottle of beer that knocked me out in Athens did more damage than I thought! Interesting thread nonetheless.

Originally posted by casbah62:
SFalco
You make this much too easy...
1)Unless you don't have a life... leaving at dawn to go to a football game in order to beat traffic is the biggest waste of time since the Rubics Cube... but... I get it now... because you Ugag fans are there so early and subsequently leave so late you only see UGag football on Saturdays and are in no position to realize that you aren't going to win the National Championship this year or any year... and I thought all the barking on the local radio was stupid... it's not stupid it's just plain ol' ignorance... SILLY ME...
and by the by... going back to Athens wouldn't be a big deal if no one had a reason to leave in the first place... why exactly do you live in Atlanta if Athens is "SO" great???... Geez this is so simple it pains me to explain it to you...

2) Again if you have to tell anyone where the nice house(singular) is... then again you prove my point... people come to Atlanta to see Buckhead or Midtown, or Inman Park etc. if I need to ask you where your nice house is it probably isn't worth my time... and the swim club on the TECH campus happens to have hosted the Olympic swim and diving events in the 1996 Centennial Olympics... yes, you have a really big stadium... I tend to compare it to the guys with big wheels on their trucks syndrome...

3) Oh yes, Athens the cultural mecca of the South... don't even waste your breathe... 5 blocks north of the TECH campus is the HIGH Museum of Art... that's NOT "lets get HIGH and go to the museum to view art"... it's hosting the collection from the Russian State Pushkin Museum
and again REM and Wide Spread Panic although top shelf they are not world beaters and couldn't hold a candle to the combo hip-hop, film, and Media empires that claim Atlanta as their home...
You may get 'Panic' twice a year and REM whenever Stipes comes out of his 'depressed/ repressed' condition but I wouldn't trade it for the 3 day Music Midtown ever!!! Or a summer of Chastain...... oh yeah and don't forget places like The Northside Tavern off 17th, and then there's Blind Willies... or if those don't suit you we can check out The Roxy or maybe The Tabernacle...

4) *sigh* And yes Athens smells... maybe you're just used to it... Scrubbers won't help... trust me I've fallen in crap before and it don't go away until your skin falls off... Dawgs still there??? Skin ain't fallen off yet... Get it???

The smell in the ATO house is different... that's money... it's what makes TECH grads so much more attractive to female candidates than UGag grads...

5) Yes I went to Southern Cal... but my daddy is a TECH grad... I was tailgating in November of '62 when Dodd's boys stopped Bear's boys on the goal-line to preserve a 7-6 victory... if I remember correctly the only Tide loss in twwo years...
And don't even try to compare Ugag to USC... we got National Championships to match anything that a Dawg has done and we got 4 no 5 Heisman trophies in Heritage Hall... one of 'em even belongs to a homicidal maniac... top that!!!
wink.gif

6) 136 students caught cheating and not a single coach lost his or her job... nuf' said...
7) the only good reason to go to Ugag is to get away from your Mom and Dad for a few years... there are hundreds of campuses all over the country that offer exactly what you say Athens is good for yet none of those seem to think that their campus is the end all beat all that so many UGag alum and fans believe Athens to be(you all are like the Islamic fanatics and their adoration for Mecca)...
You mock me for growing up on the Left coast yet I've been to Corvalis, Tacoma, College Station, Lincoln, South Bend, Palo Alto, Berkeley, College Park, Austin and others... Athens has got nothing on these towns... and every where I go people have heard of TECH or know of a TECH grad that they work with... nobody knows anything about UGag except Herschel Walker, and if they don't know sports they don't know who he is i.e. they don't know Ugag...
Yes I'll concede that UGag has gotten stronger recently in their academic environment but it's weak, weak, weak and only time will bear the fruit of current academic progress ... of course it's been around for more than 100 years so if all you're known for is beer and football so be it and yes!!! Eureka, I remember now...Hydrangeas.... if your happy with that 'level of excellence' then you're doing what makes you happy... and I'm not one to judge that...
go ahead ... make my day... by the way, I signed your paycheck and left it in your cubicle... I'm on my way to vacation... won't be back for a couple of weeks... try not to hump any legs while I'm gone it bugs the secretaries

To Hell With Georgia...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Casbah! This post deserves an award and more then one cup of JAVA!! I'll make sure we meet at our tailgate this year. I throughly enjoyed reading this!

"SFalco
You make this much too easy..."

Maybe in your own mind, because you are making quite an a$$ out of yourself.

1)Unless you don't have a life... leaving at dawn to go to a football game in order to beat traffic is the biggest waste of time since the Rubics Cube...

Exhibit A as to why GT will never have the size fan base, support and amount of season ticket subscribers that UGA has. Believe it or not, 99.99% of college football fans, teams, administrators, analysts, etc. would consider this great fan support.

but... I get it now... because you Ugag fans are there so early and subsequently leave so late you only see UGag football on Saturdays...

What else is there? But seriously, I did mention, if you have any reading comprehension, that we do have many locales to catch up on other games. We usually tailgate with a satellite dish and I do see a lot of other tailgates with SAT dishes.

and are in no position to realize that you aren't going to win the National Championship this year or any year...

Last year the most active UGA website, UGASPORTS.COM, did a poll before the season for projections of the final record. The average UGA fan prediction came out to 8-4, I believe. The same poll was done in 2001 and UGA fans predicted 8-3, which is where UGA ended up. Your little theory thet UGA fans think UGA will win the NC every year is a load of crap. One thing we damn well know is that we usually have a lot better chance at it than GT.

and I thought all the barking on the local radio was stupid... it's not stupid it's just plain ol' ignorance... SILLY ME...

Compared the little bob up and down dance you guys do in the beginning of the 4th quarter, the barking is nothing. And by the way, Budweiser sucks!

and by the by... going back to Athens wouldn't be a big deal if no one had a reason to leave in the first place... why exactly do you live in Atlanta if Athens is "SO" great???...

You know waht pains me? Having to explain to you AGAIN that Athens is a GREAT COLLEGE TOWN. Pssst...go back and read the post again, Einstein. I have graduated, established a career and started a family. I think I make it QUITE clear in my post that I am arguing for Athens as a college town.

Geez this is so simple it pains me to explain it to you...

It's soo simple to you because you are clueless. You don't even realize that you are either:

(1) arguing against points that I haven't even made...or

(2)pulling foolish arguments out of thin air that completely make no sense (like arriving to taligate early is negative thing)

2) Again if you have to tell anyone where the nice house(singular) is...

Hmmm...did I tell you where one nice house in Athens is...I believe I mentioned several neighborhoods...and why am I even arguing this point with you? WHO CARES how many nice houses are surrounding the area? We are talking about college atmosphere.

then again you prove my point...

Actually I believe what I have proven, and quite easily with your help, is that you have NO IDEA what it means to be a great college town.

people come to Atlanta to see Buckhead or Midtown, or Inman Park etc.

LOL! Exactly! They do come to ATL to see those places. NOT GT FOOTBALL! They come to Athens to see UGA football and the beautiful UGA campus; listen to local music.

if I need to ask you where your nice house is it probably isn't worth my time...

It's painfully obvious to me that have no idea what my argument is about, as well as being clueless as to what makes a great college town.

and the swim club on the TECH campus happens to have hosted the Olympic swim and diving events in the 1996 Centennial Olympics... yes, you have a really big stadium... I tend to compare it to the guys with big wheels on their trucks syndrome...

And that big stadium hosted the Gold metal round in soccer in 1996 (of which I was fortunate to attend); which do you thing got more pub?

My point was not that Athens has more arts and entertainment than Atlanta. That would be stupid to argue. My point, which I guess I have to spell out to you...is that Athens has arts and entertainment, social / retail areas, sports and tailgating, all in one concetrated area, without driving 30 miutes each way.

LOL! Man you are living in one twisted dream world.

Huh? USC? And you think that's related to this argument in what way?

Huh? And that has WHAT to do with Athens being a great college town?

I have been to many other campuses around the southeast. Aside of Chappell Hill none of them are as nice as Athens. I hear Ole Miss is great but have never been.

You mock me for growing up on the Left coast yet I've been to Corvalis, Tacoma, College Station, Lincoln, South Bend, Palo Alto, Berkeley, College Park, Austin and others...

That is incorrect. I mocked you for claiming to have any credible argument when you have lived in neither environment.

Athens has got nothing on these towns...

You are so full of it! I lived in College Station for 5 months and was BORED OUT OF MY MIND! There was nothing there. My sister graduated from A&M and still thinks it's nothing compare to Athens. Man you are just digging yourself deeper in that hole.

and every where I go people have heard of TECH or know of a TECH grad that they work with... nobody knows anything about UGag except Herschel Walker, and if they don't know sports they don't know who he is i.e. they don't know Ugag...

Ah yes, the old "You'll work for me one day" argument. I remember as I was walking out of DBS after UGA won in 01, waving my UGA flag, this little snot-nosed GT student yelled "you'll work for me!" I walked over to him, handed him my business card, and told him to call me when he graduated. He had no response. What a freakin myth to try and make yourself feel superior.

I'm sorry you'll be gone for a few weeks, if that is the case, because your silly argument is going to be here for everyone to read and see how you have made a fool of yourself because:

1. You can't comprehend what you read; so you end up arguing apples and against oranges, so to speak

2. You make foolish arguments like "showing up early to tailgate is stupid"when it actually shows great fan support.

3. You have no idea what constitutes a great college town.

Son, you are arguing against a reputation that has years of positive support and ravings from national publications. And while you might get support for your argument in this venue and any other biased GT venues, it's nothing but a losing battle in the bigger picture of things and inside you know it.

To Hell With Georgia...

Thank you!

will someone get this waste of bandwidth sfalco troll out of our space?

hey sfalco .. catch a hint.
a) you're not needed here
b) you're not wanted here

go away on your own with your friggin remnants of dignity before we have to kick you out

LOL! Usually the response I get (ANGER) when I have proven myself. Dignity quite in tact, thank you.

LOL! Usually the response I get (ANGER) when I have proven myself. Dignity quite in tact, thank you.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It isn't anger, it's exhaustion. Just go away.

I guess I'll take a little break. Don't want to upset you guys. Just wanted to make a point in response to a point.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL .. i'm glad that you have your dignity quite "in tact".

now shoo .. stop trolling and hijacking threads

"Also ask your UGA types "what was that UGA alum who won The Masters? Tommy Toles, nope
Chip Beck, wrong again, that is correct NO UGA Golfer has ever won The Masters and non ever will. A Tech Man started Augusta National, a Tech man won The Masters and no UGA golfer will ever have the class to win The Masters."

And this statement is in response to what?

This post sums it all!! I work with a couple of UGAg fans, one who has a daughter who graduated about six years ago and completed her Master's only a couple of years ago. She despises Tech with a passion (the mom).

I asked her one day why does she hate Tech so much when it has turned out so many people who has had a direct influence on our lives by using technology. Her reply was this, "Those Tech people, even Tech wannabes like yourself, think ya'll are the best, smartest people on the planet. And commom people like myself resent the hell out of that attitude."

Was that blunt? You bet! Did it explain the level of dislike for Tech by those people. Yes indeed!

I do agree that, with time, UGAg's focus on Suburban Atlanta is going to erode its loyal fan base in the rural areas as they continue to only admit kids that can also be admitted to Tech.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

so y'all were paying attention to my epic post on Tech vs Dawgs!!!

The most reaffirming thing about going to Tech to me are the events that I encountered 2 years ago when one of my children entered Tech. Thru greek involvement I met 2 sets of parents who also had entering freshmen at Tech. One was an Ex-UGA football player who's child is now a Tech student. Don't get me wrong, he's a Dawg to the core, but he is proud as punch his little girl got into Tech. Mom's a dawg alum too.

The other set are both UGA law grads, the Dad a prominent attorney in South GA. His child is a presidential scholar.

Reaffirmation is what I call it.

I guess I'll take a little break. Don't want to upset you guys. Just wanted to make a point in response to a point.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, 1 out of 2 ain't so bad for a dawg...

p.s. I do, fwiw, think Atlanta is a good college town as well. Just in a different way than Athens.

Being a native of Atlanta, I grew up hearing the same old trash from the fat insurance and retail sales people who attended Georgia. Over half of the UGA fans are the old Majak Market crowd, buy a coke and get a UGA hat.

The best is still "what does a UGA alumni call a Tech Alumni 10 years after graduation? BOSS.

Also ask your UGA types "what was that UGA alum who won The Masters? Tommy Toles, nope
Chip Beck, wrong again, that is correct NO UGA Golfer has ever won The Masters and non ever will. A Tech Man started Augusta National, a Tech man won The Masters and no UGA golfer will ever have the class to win The Masters

If only the AJC fishwrapper had one person who attended a real college then the sports page would be worth reading.

Do I hate UGA, like there is sand on the beach at Daytona!!!!

Back