Why do Georgia people hate us?

Originally posted by sfalco:
Pitiful..just plain pitiful.

I'm sure your GT bretheren are proud of how you dish out trash and when someone calls you on it to a point where you, the actual person behind the keyboard doing the typing, will be held accountable and responsible for your comments, you elect NOT to step up and show some nads.

I'm done with you.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL .. you can find my email address by clicking on my font on the side of this post. just like that lurking dog did .. you can send me an email and feel gutty and naddy. i'll even reply to it.

i don't have to create an email account and call it my personal email account just to deal with a trash talking rival .. LOL

Two replies:

BellySeries, I, like most conservatives, am proud of the way Bush has performed. He was willing to let America stand up to the rest of the Cowardly and care enough for the terrorized citizens of Iraq to be freed by America.

Bush has trumped anything Clinton has done by a mile.

Sfalco, I was present in the 50s when we beat the dawgs eight straight games in a row. Did the dawgs hate GT? I don't know, no one would own up to being a dawg at that time. We heard very little from dawgnation. It was hard to get one to admit he was a dawg.

grin.gif

And I'm so proud of how my retirement account has almost disappeared!

tongue.gif

ahso, i was making a funny.

BellySeries, regarding my post on the dawgs during the 8-0 run by Tech, do you remember hearing much from them or could you identify a dawg during those days?

I was wondering if it was my associations and their knowledge I was a big Tech fan, or if the quiteness from the dawgs was deafening on a broad scale.

With the nickname BellySeries, I know you remember those years.

smile.gif

My two favorite teams are TECH and whoever's playing Georgia.

The only good dawg is a dead dawg.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
BellySeries, regarding my post on the dawgs during the 8-0 run by Tech, do you remember hearing much from them or could you identify a dawg during those days?

I was wondering if it was my associations and their knowledge I was a big Tech fan, or if the quiteness from the dawgs was deafening on a broad scale.

With the nickname BellySeries, I know you remember those years.

smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The dogs (not dawgs yet, you'll remember, they really were "dogs") were barely on the screen in those days. In some ways, Atlanta was a bigger force in Georgia before she became an international city, and Tech and the Crackers ruled Atlanta.

You're right, they lay low in those days, as I recall.

Man alive, you bring up the Crackers. I listened to every game on the radio. I lived down the railroad tracks from Ponce De Leon Ballpark, I would walk up the tracks toward Sears, climb up on the big clay bank behind right field, and watch the ball games from there.

One of the greatest things about the Crackers was watching Country Brown chasing the long balls in deep center field out by the big oak trees.

smile.gif

Yes, I know, this belongs under another topic, but I could not resist.

sfalco... Athens sucks because...
1) Have you ever been??? It's impossible to get to... you'd think with all the folks in this state that say they're UGaG fans that one would be able to get there in less than 3 hours... its only 80 miles for gawds sake!!!
2) Have you ever been??? Show me one good looking, well maintained house in that town and I'll show you one that the state pays to maintain... oh yeah and the streets suck as well... you think some of those ditch diggers that 'graduate' over there would form a chain gang and fill some holes....
3) Have you ever been??? Looks just like any other po-dunk town that only knows two things football and drinking...
4) Have you ever been??? Only New Orleans smells worse on a Sunday morning... and at least in the BIG EASY they pay to have the streets scrubed every morn... What's Athens excuse for that horrid stench that eminates daily... I see no pulp mill nearby.... er except for that place they call an institute of higher learning...

Now I went to a horrible place to go to school... downtown L.A.... BUT... sorry to say to you Athens type folks... Athens is Nowheresville... the train quit runnin' years ago and the interstate Washington 'promised' just ain't gonna happen...

TECH is everything that UGag isn't... quality, marketable degrees... metropolitan campus... worldwide recognition...
Growing up on the left coast I can tell you that there is a pretty large TECH alumni group in the SF Bay Area... people know Georgia Tech... people don't know UGag anywhere outside of the south ... period... facts a fact... men on the moon, Senators, Presidents, the list goes on and on... so you beat us in football more often than not anymore... so what... I write the paycheck so you and your fans can dust the floors in my office building... bank account, scoreboard, big picture.... "W"

PS... I'd rather have kids flunking out of my program than being caught cheating to keep them in!!!...

To Hell with Georgia... and most of their uneducated, illiterate fans... who couldn't spell Technology if we shortend it to 4 letters

TECH, TECH, TECH...

For the record, I don't hate GT or GT fans. Don't get me wrong, I hate losing to GT, but I have respect for the school as an institution of higher learning and I don't hate the fans.

Oh, I have encountered specific GT fans in the past that have caused trouble; but in general I don't hate GT fans.

I hate UF, UT, fans much more; I guess because I find them to be more of a threat, which could be because UT and UF fans have usually been on the bragging side of the rivalry with UGA.

Maybe if GT beat UGA 9 or 10 years in a row and I had to deal with GT fans talking trash about for that long I'd learn to hate them more; but I doubt it.

i hate UGA fans like sfalco as much as i hate their ignorant rednecks fans.

mutts like sfalco think they are sophisticated jawja grads. there is no such thing.

he comes to our boards and tells us to get a life. he comes to our boards and tells us to find a hobby. LOL

tell me something sfalco .. if you had a life or even hobbies .. would you be out on at least 2 of your rivals boards every waking moment of your life?

lol .. i think not. hey sfalco .. get a life/find a hobby. don't waste your time on rivals boards.

wink.gif

As a Tech supporter and Ugag sports "hater", I must concur with my good friend (internet-wise) bellyseries: I love The YellowJackets and George Bush!! Cannot "stand" the mutts, nor (many to most) democrats......belly (among others) excluded!!
wink.gif
With all deference to my well liked Ylo, I find a thread of decency in, and many times like Sfalco (though to me, he is a rarity). Sorry, differnt strokes for differnt folks.

i hate UGA fans like sfalco as much as i hate their ignorant rednecks fans.

obviously you just acknowledged that not all UGA fans are ignorant necks, a picture thatyou like to portray on a continual basis.

he comes to our boards and tells us to get a life. he comes to our boards and tells us to find a hobby. LOL

No, just you.

tell me something sfalco .. if you had a life or even hobbies .. would you be out on at least 2 of your rivals boards every waking moment of your life?

One of my hobbies is surfing internet sports sites of the rivals of UGA, including GT, UT, UF, USC, and Clemson for the most part.

The difference is that I while I like to discuss rivalries, traditions and matchups with opposing fans, I usually do it in a non-threatening, jovial manner; until ofcourse I encounter a hate spewing jack a$$ such as yourself.

I told you to get a life and a hobby because you appeared to be taking the UGA / GT discussion so seriously to the point where you end up posting nothing but trash and insults.

when you come in to our boards and tell us to pick up hobbies .. that is not being jovial. and you didn't direct that remark to me.

i'm glad that you have such a wonderful hobby. LOL. how productive your hobby is. i'm sure it really helps you grow as a person .. LOL

if you come to a post where tech fans are posting pictures of their stadium expansion and make a post like "on behalf of all awbarn, mutt and F$U fans .. thank you" .. you are being an asshole.

I would like to apologize for some of the language I used yesterday. I take pride in myself for taking the higher road by not resorting to foolish trashing and insults when someone has already done the same towards me.

Yesterday I forgot that. I do not apologize for my position on any issue I have discussed on this board; just the manner in which I delivered the message.

Thank you.

CASBAH62:

"sfalco... Athens sucks because...
1) Have you ever been??? It's impossible to get to... you'd think with all the folks in this state that say they're UGaG fans that one would be able to get there in less than 3 hours... its only 80 miles for gawds sake!!!"

Yes I have been there. I spent 4 of the best years of my life there. I live inside the I - 285 loop now and it takes me an hour to get to downtown Athens.

It takes 3 hours to get there only if you stupidly leave 3 hours before kickoff. Then you are stuck in traffic because, guess what?....everyone else is excited to go back to Athens as well. That's the price of having such a huge following, fan and alumni base.

"2) Have you ever been??? Show me one good looking, well maintained house in that town and I'll show you one that the state pays to maintain... oh yeah and the streets suck as well... you think some of those ditch diggers that 'graduate' over there would form a chain gang and fill some holes...."

You have obviously never seen any of the neighborhoods near 5 points off of Milledge Avenue; or Crystal Hills. Nice little neighborhoods. But if you are looking for Country Club of the South forget it. It's a college town. That's all we want it to be. I'm sure there are a lot of swim and tennis subdivisions next to the GT campus, right?

"3) Have you ever been??? Looks just like any other po-dunk town that only knows two things football and drinking..."

Damn straight Athens knows football and drinking! But it also knows the arts. There are many arts and crafts store downtown; several theaters, and have you ever heard of the Athens music scene?

"4) Have you ever been??? Only New Orleans smells worse on a Sunday morning... and at least in the BIG EASY they pay to have the streets scrubed every morn... What's Athens excuse for that horrid stench that eminates daily... I see no pulp mill nearby.... er except for that place they call an institute of higher learning..."

Sorry, I don't recall a daily stinch in Athens. I do know that there are volunteers that clean up the streets on the weekends after the party goers have had their fun. That's part of the price of being a great college town.

I also know that just about every college campus where people have been tailgating the day before and partying the night before smells bad until someone cleans up the mess.

Even GT, where I woke up one morning after partying at the ATO house with some of my GT friends, smells bad the day after a game.

"Now I went to a horrible place to go to school... downtown L.A.... BUT... sorry to say to you Athens type folks... Athens is Nowheresville... the train quit runnin' years ago and the interstate Washington 'promised' just ain't gonna happen...

TECH is everything that UGag isn't... quality, marketable degrees... metropolitan campus... worldwide recognition..."

This coming from someone who didn't go to school at EITHER of the campuses, UGA or GT. I’m sure you are very qualified to make an accurate assessment.

"Growing up on the left coast I can tell you that there is a pretty large TECH alumni group in the SF Bay Area... people know Georgia Tech... people don't know UGag anywhere outside of the south ...

period... facts a fact... men on the moon, Senators, Presidents, the list goes on and on... so you beat us in football more often than not anymore... so what... I write the paycheck so you and your fans can dust the floors in my office building... bank account, scoreboard, big picture.... "W"

PS... I'd rather have kids flunking out of my program than being caught cheating to keep them in!!!...

136 Tech students guilty of cheating
Author: KELLY SIMMONS; Staff Date: May 30, 2002 Publication: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The (GA) Page Number: B1 Word Count: 640

Three-fourths of the 187 Georgia Tech students accused of cheating on homework last fall were found guilty and sanctioned during an investigation that has led to a major change in the school's policy.

To Hell with Georgia... and most of their uneducated, illiterate fans... who couldn't spell Technology if we shortend it to 4 letters

TECH, TECH, TECH...'

What does any of that have to do with the argument between us as to whether or not Athens is a great, fun town or a crap hole? Living in Atlanta, I have met many people from all over the country. I have brought several friends who live in the ATL area but are originally from the northeast and midwest to Athens for football games and for the overall college FB atmosphere.

EVERY TIME I have brought someone to Athens they have loved it. It’s a great college town because it has something that a lot of college towns don’t have; especially others located in a rural area. Strictly from a college life, college football atmosphere standpoint, Athens has it all: a beautiful campus with an abundance of greenery located right next to a central business / retail district with plenty of options for socializing. Again, we are talking about Athens as a college town; not whether or not UGA has had alumni in the Oval Office or on the moon.

Where else can you tailgate on a beautiful campus for half a day, walk to a retail/ restaurant/ bar area for food and drink in the afternoon or to catch up on other games on TV (too many options of restaurants and bars), and walk to the stadium in late afternoon or evening for kickoff? ALL without ever having to get in the car and drive everywhere.

If you want to go somewhere after the game to hear a band thrash or maybe just some mellow acoustic music all you have to do is walk up the street. If you are into the Greek scene it’s all right there for you.

It’s a great college town because it provides many options for socializing and fun in a small area.

I live inside I-285 and I love Atlanta because it fits me and where I am in life (home owner with a career and family). But if I were a young buck in my late teens or early 20’s, I can’t think of any better town to be in as far as college life goes. Sure, if I were a genius and had the $ to get into Harvard or Princeton, I’d take advantage of the opportunity to get an Ivy League education and forgo experiencing the “college life”.

I’m not saying Athens is for everyone. But as far as quality of education, costs and college life goes, Athens is about as good as it gets. Far too many national publications have agreed with this assessment for it not to hold some truth.

Interestingly enough, most people who say they hate Athens or that it’s a crummy town are usually fans of a UGA rival on their way out of town after a butt whipping.

dang, this opended up a can of worms! I guess we all have our reasons for "disliking" UGAg but for the life of me, I can't see where they come off with their holier-than-thou attitudes.
And with all these posts, I sure am sorry that some of you got lambasted from others. Tech faithful stay together and support each other. Thanks for all you imput everyone!
drinking.gif

Okay, let's get it straight: Many (if not most) dawgies begin the day early with tobacco running down the crevices of thier mouth (either one side or both) and speed out in their battered pick-up to discover those which they can ("tail-gate) or humiliate in some other fashion on the road (cut in front of, leave in exhaust fumes, etc). They are for the most part mindless individuals who have never seen the inside of a college, but since Hershel Walker days have discoverd the sport caLLED, "Football". Yippee, boyhowdee! They get a bumper sticker and at the same time begin to equate that with a 4 year degree. They jump from a grade school graduation fact to a full-blown college grad mentality. Whoopee, (again) boyhowdee!!!

Unlike sfalco, they are putrified examples of the dearth of thinking humanity. "It's Miller Time" to them is the password into Nirvana!! Their primary thought: huntin, fishin,killin, stuffin, drinkin, rackin, and drinkin!!!!!!
They lack couth, understanding, manners, and various other qualities of sane individuals.

There are some like sflaco (sp., sorry) who have learned more than 300 words of the English language who are gentlemen.....even in their hatred. I respect this minority.

Their job is to hate Tech, as our job (calling is to despise/hate Ugag athletics. Fine. so, let's respect Sfalco, and others of his likeness; they hate with class. Let's disdain those who are like those who pervade and interfere with other's message boards as did those low life, semi-menalaties, such as showed their brain with their a__s,ie, just before they played B.C. in the bowl game. I like you sflaco, though I see, you have offended some of my Tech/Board friends.........Let's just keep on keeping it on a high level of exchange.... unlike many (sorry to say) imbecilic dawgs. YOu are okay.

Originally posted by sfalco:
At Tech the Cheetah is across the I-75. You can walk there. I can eat at a bar/restaurant anywhere in Atlanta. I'll let you watch TV.

Bwwahhh! LOL! (coca-cola through the nose). Do you even understand why I'm laughing at that comment?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Guess I don't understand. Either you dont like women or you really like watching TV in a sportsbar. It's after 12, as a UGAg fan shouldn't you have put away you co-colas by now and broken out the Old Milwaulkee?

Yes, I agree on the idiot, redneck contingent. They pi$$ me off as well.

The problem with UGA is that yes, we have many redneck fans; many more than GT. But we also have as many if not more classy fans / alumni than GT. Not because we are better than GT; just because of numbers.

GT has what..15k students to UGA's 30K? MOst of the ignorant necks have never set foot in a UGA classroom, except to empty the waste baskets.

Back