Win Probability

You guys know that if a team has a projected 49% chance of winning each game, it doesn't mean they are projected as going 0-12. I thought this was a Tech board.

Also, their projections are total horseshit.

You guys know that if a team has a projected 49% chance of winning each game, it doesn't mean they are projected as going 0-12. I thought this was a Tech board.

Obviously

I bet you think they're all independent events

FYI.

~50% chances vs Duke and USF means

25% chance of 2-0
50% chance of 1-1
25% chance of 0-2

So, 75% chance of winning at least 1 game.

FYI.

~50% chances vs Duke and USF means

25% chance of 2-0
50% chance of 1-1
25% chance of 0-2

So, 75% chance of winning at least 1 game.
Also 75% that we lose to one of those bottom dwellers.

These projections mean nothing. They are based on last season results. Although we limped to the finish, we were a few points/playable away from winning 3 more games and having a totally different set of projections.

These projections mean nothing. They are based on last season results. Although we limped to the finish, we were a few points/playable away from winning 3 more games and having a totally different set of projections.

You are so right JoeCakeEater. These stats are drawn up by someone that thinks he knows what a team will do based on the last season.
I guess he just likes sitting around and posting this stuff for something to do.

Back