Wish List

Uhm.
You’re ignoring Dabos biggest strength which seems to be Paul’s biggest weakness. Dabo knows he needs to surround himself with world class assistants. Paul thinks he is world class and can do it himself. Huge difference. And that stubbornness is why we’re here right now.

That isn’t CPJ, it is the GTAA. CPJ took less money to get his assistants more.

What CPJ needs is what he got just last year, more help recruiting.

You can think that, but you can't tell me that you wouldn't want him as our coach. Or that you'd rather have Paul Johnson over Dabo.
Clemson has a lot of money to put towards all kinds of goodies for their players - and they have been doing it under Dabo/Drad. We don't have the bucks or the space to do that.

Acting like Clemson always had this big pot of money is pretty funny. Dabo’s salary was doubled to 1.75m after he went to the ACCCG in 09. After a top 10 finish and an orange bowl in 2013 it was increased to 3.15m. That’s right around where CPJ is. Swinney didn’t make the big bucks until he won a national championship.

When a coach wins, money finds a way to make itself available.

And more money for better assistants. We need a new ol coach.

Acting like Clemson always had this big pot of money is pretty funny. Dabo’s salary was doubled to 1.75m after he went to the ACCCG in 09. After a top 10 finish and an orange bowl in 2013 it was increased to 3.15m. That’s right around where CPJ is. Swinney didn’t make the big bucks until he won a national championship.

Clemson threw a ton of money after the 2010 season. And they doubled down after Jimbo made fsu relevant again. The spending preceded the success.

Dabo has managed perfectly. Very much the Bobby Bowden model without the embarrassing felonies.

My wish list would be someone who is going to turn us into a Texas tech or Washington st style offense if we were to get rid of pj.

My wish list would be someone who is going to turn us into a Texas tech or Washington st style offense if we were to get rid of pj.

I think it would recruit better and give the D better looks. But the transition would be brutal. Especially along the OL.

Seems like every time people start to question our OL ankle biting techniques , our answer is to fire the DC.

The rest of the offense seems to work despite our ol. The defense as a whole struggled under groh and most of roof.

I love Mike Leach and would be stoked for him to coach here, but as others have said, the transition would be very tough. I would love to have a good defensive mind as head coach (like venebles) and take the OC from Texas tech or sometjing like that.

outside of USF, that hasn't really been the case this year.
Given the context of my post, its worth noting that we haven't sacrificed a DC instead of an ol coach this year.

Ignoring the context, 2/4 games doesn't make a trend, particularly when looking at the trend of cpjs tenure.( Im assuming you're omitting the alcorn game because its FCS )

Given the context of my post, its worth noting that we haven't sacrificed a DC instead of an ol coach this year.

Ignoring the context, 2/4 games doesn't make a trend, particularly when looking at the trend of cpjs tenure.( Im assuming you're omitting the alcorn game because its FCS )

I don't think Sewak leaves until CPJ does. And we didn't exactly blow Alcorn St's DL away until the 2nd half. I think the trend goes back to last year - 2nd half vs Duke, UVA, etc.

I still believe Dabo put in his starters to send a message to his reserves. They went in the game and messed around and gave up two quick scores. He put the first team back in to send a message “If you don’t play well when you get the chance, then you won’t play.” I actually think Dabo is a decent guy who has done a great job. He has a terrific personality that helps him greatly in recruiting.

As for a wish list, I like Hatcher if a change is made. I would not mind him building a staff with family/friends that have coached at Georgia High schools. His brother is at Mt. de Sales, I believe. He is friends with arodemaker down at Valdosta. I would want coordinators with college experience, but a young staff that could build great relationships with high school coaches across the state could only help recruiting.

Okay I’ll agree with the first paragraph of your response. The second paragraph is a tired recycled excuse in year 11. Lesser athletes is not why we lost to USF or PITT. Or Duke. Less talent is not why we went for it on 4th and long on our own 20 with a fake punt. Ignoring all facets of special teams for 10+ years is not on the athletes.

Sign me up for that guy, if only he had any college/recruiting experience. I love his attitude, and in many ways – 'the numbers determine what we do, not common sense' – he's a perfect fit for GT. We'd also be buying ourselves a lot of free publicity – and we'd hear the same cliches over and over again during every broadcast for a decade.

That said, think of all the grumpy posters on this board who would beg for a pro-style offense if it wasn't a consistent and perfect success. When you're going against the grain like he is, every little thing is considered evidence that your system is a failure. It would be the triple-option prejudice but times 50.
That guy is really interesting, but I can't imagine people going for him, especially

I was at Clemson when Dabo was hired, so I'm pretty familiar with that time. Clemson had the money, they just didn't give it to Dabo because he was only a WR coach who had just recently been a real estate agent. As soon as he proved to be a viable option, he got PAID, and his assistants always made more than Georgia Tech's ever will. Just like CPJ, he chooses to take less money because he knows the value of having good assistants. Clemson has just had more money, more luck, and more appeal to bring in quality assistants than Georgia Tech has.

Also, more than just the coach salary, Clemson has had facilities and resources advantages over the rest of the ACC minus Florida State.

Back