Wish List

Hire the funky HS coach on the cheap and surround him with a well-paid staff of top notch power 5 guys for recruiting and defense. Boom.
Hey, I'm willing to give it a try. Dude's gotta have great management skills, though, as well as good PR skills. Both of those are necessary to give him the job security to ensure he's here long enough for the experiment to actually work.

Dabo is still a clown, but why is he a peice of öööö?

He put his starters back in the game to run up the score on our backups after they had some success. I didn’t even know how mad he was and how much of a fit he threw until someone who was watching on tv told me about it.

It was a classless, piece of öööö move. They were already ahead by three touchdowns.

If my math is correct, we have run the triple option play in every single game we've beaten Georgia in my entire life.
I don’t want option as our exclusive base offense like what we have now. I do not mind a multiple offense or one that has option principles. We are way too limited at present.

He put his starters back in the game to run up the score on our backups after they had some success. I didn’t even know how mad he was and how much of a fit he threw until someone who was watching on tv told me about it.

It was a classless, piece of öööö move. They were already ahead by three touchdowns.
CFP committee members will probably want to see Clemson disembowel all opponents from this point forward in a weak ACC this year. I can't blame him.

Last edited:

Disagree vehemently on this one. I hate running up the score, but that's not what this was, IMHO.

(a) A three possession lead with 6:00 to go is not impossible to overcome, especially with TO's and momentum and execution seemingly swinging back in our favor. Heck, we've had how many two-possession leads evaporate in the 4Q in just the past couple of years?

(b) The 3d string QB had just thrown an INT on the prior possession which allowed us to score a TD. Not going to bring him back in after that.

(c) It wasn't the starting QB who came back in, but the 2d string – who obviously is really good, too. But we can hardly complain that their 2d string is better than our first.

(d) If we hadn't just scored on good drive, he doesn't bring them back in. But Dabo knew CPJ hadn't given up at that point, and knew that it was still possible.

Last edited:
I would say Dabo moreso kept the game out of reach than ran up the score. He could have put up 2 more touchdowns if he wanted.

I agree with MCRP09 and 18in32. Dado had to run up the score to impress the playoff committee. Margin of victory is looked at by the committee whether they say it or not. Dado also played every player they brought but 2 of them. Heck when the man go hired as the head coach he said that they could just pay him the $200,000 they were already paying him. The man has class and integrity. I'm sure he doesn't like running up the score but he has to what he has to do to help his team.

I agree with MCRP09 and 18in32. Dado had to run up the score to impress the playoff committee. Margin of victory is looked at by the committee whether they say it or not. Dado also played every player they brought but 2 of them. Heck when the man go hired as the head coach he said that they could just pay him the $200,000 they were already paying him. The man has class and integrity. I'm sure he doesn't like running up the score but he has to what he has to do to help his team.

tenor.gif

Piece of öööö.

You can think that, but you can't tell me that you wouldn't want him as our coach. Or that you'd rather have Paul Johnson over Dabo.

i don't think dabo would have a better record here than he CPJ does.. he'd probably do worse than CPJ here because he wouldnt have the budget to pay coordinators/recruits... he's actually have to coach which would be scary bad.. luckily for clemson he's just a rich cheerleader

also.. we should have known CPJ was too old school when he was faxing stuff back in 2008.. i mean didnt they have email?!??

You can think that, but you can't tell me that you wouldn't want him as our coach. Or that you'd rather have Paul Johnson over Dabo.

Dabo with all the öööö he's got at Clemson > Paul Johnson with all the öööö he's got at GT

Paul Johnson with GT's burdens > Dabo with GT's burdens

Dude, Dabo spent 50 million dollars building a club med resort to house his football team in. They have a water slide, a golf course, and a movie theater. We get "time off from practice to go to calculus."

If I were a parent of a hot öööö football player, I would send him to Clemson, and it has nothing to do with who the coaches are, nor what offense they run.

Dabo with all the öööö he's got at Clemson > Paul Johnson with all the öööö he's got at GT

Paul Johnson with GT's burdens > Dabo with GT's burdens

Dude, Dabo spent 50 million dollars building a club med resort to house his football team in. They have a water slide, a golf course, and a movie theater. We get "time off from practice to go to calculus."

If I were a parent of a hot öööö football player, I would send him to Clemson, and it has nothing to do with who the coaches are, nor what offense they run.

Uhm.
You’re ignoring Dabos biggest strength which seems to be Paul’s biggest weakness. Dabo knows he needs to surround himself with world class assistants. Paul thinks he is world class and can do it himself. Huge difference. And that stubbornness is why we’re here right now.

Dabo would be better than Paul

I think it's kind of hard to argue otherwise. Sure, he has tremendous advantages, but he still has to go out and beat teams that have the same advantages. I mean, he took Saban to the wire once and beat him once. You couldn't just plug anyone in as Clemson's coach and get those results.

People also underestimate how much players love this guy and want to play for him.

I think it's kind of hard to argue otherwise. Sure, he has tremendous advantages, but he still has to go out and beat teams that have the same advantages. I mean, he took Saban to the wire once and beat him once. You couldn't just plug anyone in as Clemson's coach and get those results.

People also underestimate how much players love this guy and want to play for him.

I agree on each of your points

Disagree vehemently on this one. I hate running up the score, but that's not what this was, IMHO.

(a) A three possession lead with 6:00 to go is not impossible to overcome, especially with TO's and momentum and execution seemingly swinging back in our favor. Heck, we've had how many two-possession leads evaporate in the 4Q in just the past couple of years?

(b) The 3d string QB had just thrown an INT on the prior possession which allowed us to score a TD. Not going to bring him back in after that.

(c) It wasn't the starting QB who came back in, but the 2d string – who obviously is really good, too. But we can hardly complain that their 2d string is better than our first.

(d) If we hadn't just scored on good drive, he doesn't bring them back in. But Dabo knew CPJ hadn't given up at that point, and knew that it was still possible.
This is what I was thinking. Dabo isnt a peice of öööö, only a clown.

You’re ignoring Dabos biggest strength which seems to be Paul’s biggest weakness. Dabo knows he needs to surround himself with world class assistants

Compare the salaries plzkthx.

I'm sure we could have Veneables as a DC if we were to give him a 50% raise. Take a look at exactly how much money that is.

Before Dabo had big dollar coordinators, Clemson was about at Bowden levels. Credit thier AD for spending big and letting Dabo do what he does best, recruit and motivate. Don’t sleep on #2. It is the difference between Dabo and Richt.

Dabo at GT is no better than Saban at MSU. Probably 8 wins over a 5 year average, maybe 7 wins. That is early CPJ to current CPJ.

Back