Wish List

You must be. Miles would be a ööööing disaster. He wouldn’t be able to recruit here to get superior athletes to cover up his lousy in game coaching. Hard pass.

I hear you on your concerns but he has a natty and hasnt had a losing season since his first. Anyone with a vacancy is crazy not to at least call him if he still wants to coach.

Last edited:
I hear you on your concerns but he has a natty and hasnt had a losing season since his first. Anyone with a vacancy is crazy not to at least call him if he still wants to cosch.
Sounds like CPJ 2.0
NC? How about Larry Coker or Gene Chizik? There's more to it than that.

Les Miles is older than CPJ and hasn't ever recruited or coached at a place like GT. He's a horrible game manager and there's just no reason to think he would do well here.

NC? How about Larry Coker or Gene Chizik? There's more to it than that.

Les Miles is older than CPJ and hasn't ever recruited or coached at a place like GT. He's a horrible game manager and there's just no reason to think he would do well here.

Age is the main reason I would probably stay away, but he has a much longer record of success than Chizik for sure. There is a good chance he wouldnt take the job because of the recruiting challenges, anyway.

I want a new generation of football players who are willing to work hard and sacrifice for their teammates and not just pay lip service to that.

I want all these star studded recruits to realize that all of them CANT be NFL stars so stop falling for the factories siren song.

I want college football to be played by student athletes not employees of the school.

I want the NFL to pay for their farm system.

I want the team to WANT to run the option. If Jeff Monken can bring that I’d be all for it. I love that we have an identity. I love our offense but it seems like the players don’t. They just don’t seem as happy as other teams. Even when it’s going alright.

In 2014, Justin Thomas had the #6 passer rating in all of college football. I'd say that's pretty good. For reference, that is the 2nd best passer rating in GT history, behind Joe Hamilton in 1999. Nesbitt 2009 was roughly on par with Hamilton 1998 just because the pass was such a deadly weapon when we had someone like Bay Bay who could score at any time. Even Tevin's best year resulted in a pretty good rating since he avoided turnovers and had some big plays.

When we have the players that can execute it, it looks pretty damn good. And please, for the love of God, nobody needs to point out that we don't have those players right now and that it is Paul Johnson's fault. I get it.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But statistically we have probably been one of the best 10-20 offenses in the country over the past 10 years and have proven capable of death marching to kill clock or exploding for 80 yards when we are on our game.

We have a öööö ton of problems right now, and offense is one of them. But over the last 10 years, it has been the strength of our program and as good as any in our conference.

And we may now be below, or very close to, only winning 50% of our games vs what we now call P5 programs.

Fail.

... I love that we have an identity. I love our offense but it seems like the players don’t. They just don’t seem as happy as other teams...
Nobody has loved it like Nesbitt. He was a beast in it. That is gone. CPJ should be too.

I just want a damn football coach, not some cerebral type who can't get out of their own way. I want someone so stupid that they can't even come up with reasons why tech could fail.

1. Brent Venables
2. Lane Kiffin

We need a guy with experience in a full system of coaching and a maniac recruiter. Preferably a defensive mind with a good OC.

I'll give you a completely unrealistic option but I think would be super intriguing is Marquand Manuel.

Back