Wish List

I honestly wouldn't mind Lane Kiffin. One way or another, he'd get people talking about Tech football... And he might just be the type to recruit really well here.... maybe?:dunno:
If we can’t relax our own self imposed challenges let’s hire someone who will work around them. I’m on board.

O'Leary? Maybe one of his coordinators at UCF?

TStan has never really been at a program long enough to put his imprint on it or make a significant hire or probably even develop any significant relationships with any coaches we would likely be interested in. As good as he's been with branding and fundraising, he is a total unknown when it comes to coaching decisions.
Brent Key

I want someone with no prior affiliation to Georgia Tech. Someone who has hate in his heart. Someone who wants to be the head coach at Bama one day but is tired of waiting. Someone who isn’t afraid to bend the rules in the background. Someone without a pannus. Someone who will quickly appreciate the hate for 316.

You want Kirby Smart?

I honestly wouldn't mind Lane Kiffin. One way or another, he'd get people talking about Tech football... And he might just be the type to recruit really well here.... maybe?:dunno:

I will take Lane Kiffin, but I want it in the contract that if he leaves early we hang a 100 foot banner over the north gates of him in his rain jacket at the sun bowl.

I will take Lane Kiffin, but I want it in the contract that if he leaves early we hang a 100 foot banner over the north gates of him in his rain jacket at the sun bowl.
I don't think that has to be in the contract, to hang a banner. More like, if he leaves early, he'll agree to hang that banner at the stadium for his next job. Who needs a buyout when you've got shame to do your work for you?

But its a little weird to want to hire a coach that we can make fun of already for losing.

I'm intrigued by Kiffin, but really just for the publicity. Same reason we ought to make DJT a really tremendous offer, a great great offer.

Paul Johnson will be fired if he doesn't win. Probably not this year but to this point in his GT career he just hasn't strung together enough bad seasons to merit being fired. That is why I'm not going to worry about it, enjoy the fun offense and hope the defense figures it out for CPJ's sake. If CPJ is fired soon or ever, I will be grateful for his tenure at GT that included a lot of awesome wins, players, and fun. I don't know what coach could come in here and consistently pull 2014's over and over and over again, but probably not anybody available right now. Instead of compiling a list right now, let's keep an eye on some emerging FCS coaches the next few seasons and see how CPJ does.

Paul Johnson will be fired if he doesn't win. Probably not this year but to this point in his GT career he just hasn't strung together enough bad seasons to merit being fired. That is why I'm not going to worry about it, enjoy the fun offense and hope the defense figures it out for CPJ's sake. If CPJ is fired soon or ever, I will be grateful for his tenure at GT that included a lot of awesome wins, players, and fun. I don't know what coach could come in here and consistently pull 2014's over and over and over again, but probably not anybody available right now. Instead of compiling a list right now, let's keep an eye on some emerging FCS coaches the next few seasons and see how CPJ does.

“Fun offense”? Can’t complete a 10 yard pass. Is going to get the young man playing QB seriously hurt. Has emasculated and cut short the careers of a lot of our OL.

“Hope the defense figures it out for CPJ’s sake”. WTH? He gets paid millions. Screw for his sake.

What about for the sake of our school, S/As, the fans, the team?

Will never understand this mental illness of some Tech folks (and we know about the selfishness of school officials) who care more for individuals than the school.

CPJ’s sake be damned.

“Fun offense”? Can’t complete a 10 yard pass. Is going to get the young man playing QB seriously hurt. Has emasculated and cut short the careers of a lot of our OL.

“Hope the defense figures it out for CPJ’s sake”. WTH? He gets paid millions. Screw for his sake.

Will never understand this mental illness of some Tech folks (and we know about the selfishness of school officials) who care more for individuals than the school.

CPJ’s sake be damned.

This offense is extremely fun and creates a dynamic passing game under the right circumstances. Offense has never been the problem. I agree that he doesn't deserve as many years as he wants and will get fired if he completely stops winning over this season and next. He hasn't show to be able to handle many defensive responsibilities. That is a huge problem, one he should have figured out by now.

CPJ’s sake be damned.
Fun to lose, not by my standards

In 2014, Justin Thomas had the #6 passer rating in all of college football. I'd say that's pretty good. For reference, that is the 2nd best passer rating in GT history, behind Joe Hamilton in 1999. Nesbitt 2009 was roughly on par with Hamilton 1998 just because the pass was such a deadly weapon when we had someone like Bay Bay who could score at any time. Even Tevin's best year resulted in a pretty good rating since he avoided turnovers and had some big plays.

When we have the players that can execute it, it looks pretty damn good. And please, for the love of God, nobody needs to point out that we don't have those players right now and that it is Paul Johnson's fault. I get it.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But statistically we have probably been one of the best 10-20 offenses in the country over the past 10 years and have proven capable of death marching to kill clock or exploding for 80 yards when we are on our game.

We have a öööö ton of problems right now, and offense is one of them. But over the last 10 years, it has been the strength of our program and as good as any in our conference.

Back