Wish List

Build a robot to roam the sidelines but write code that sends in the plays based long algorithm that considers opponent, tendencies, personnel on field, success rate of plays already called that day, etc.? Wecandothat.gif

Build a robot to roam the sidelines but write code that sends in the plays based long algorithm that considers opponent, tendencies, personnel on field, success rate of plays already called that day, etc.? Wecandothat.gif

But can it recruit?

I'll give you a completely unrealistic option but I think would be super intriguing is Marquand Manuel.
People posting random names and calling them coaching options isn't very funny.

This was a timeline that was posted in the AJC by Tony Barnhart a couple of days after CPJ was hired. This gives some good insight into what the process was before and who was considered for the position. I had forgotten about Chris Hatcher and Terry Bowden being interviewed for the job

Monday, Nov. 26: After six years, with a record of 44-32 overall and 0-6 against Georgia, Chan Gailey is dismissed as the coach at Georgia Tech. Athletics director Dan Radakovich says he will hire a coach to bring a new sense of energy and excitement to the program.

Thursday, Nov. 29: The Georgia Tech search committee, which consists of Radakovich, associate athletics director Wayne Hogan and Dan Parker of the Parker Executive Search Firm, begins its interviews. At the Westin Hotel near Jackson-Hartsfield International Airport, the committee meets with Kentucky offensive coordinator Joker Phillips and Connecticut coach Randy Edsall.

Friday, Nov. 30: Also at the Westin Hotel, the search committee meets with Florida co-defensive coordinator Charlie Strong, Georgia Southern coach Chris Hatcher and Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta.

Saturday, Dec. 1: Because it is championship Saturday, no interviews are conducted. Early in the day, ESPN reports that LSU coach Les Miles will be the next coach at Michigan, and that Tenuta will go with him as defensive coordinator. Miles calls a news conference at the Georgia Dome to deny the story and state that he will stay at LSU.

Sunday, Dec. 2: The search committee holds its first meeting with Navy coach Paul Johnson at the Westin Hotel. Former Colorado and Washington coach Rick Neuheisel and former Auburn coach Terry Bowden also are interviewed. Edsall tells reporters at the annual team banquet that he will be staying at Connecticut.

Monday, Dec. 3: In Baltimore, Johnson meets with Duke President Richard Broadhead, athletics director Joe Alleva and executive vice president Tallman Trask about the school's opening at head coach.

Tuesday, Dec. 4: Strong receives a phone call informing him that anybody being brought back for a second interview at Georgia Tech would have head coaching experience. ... Johnson and Jack Reale, his Atlanta-based agent, fly to Dallas to discuss the SMU opening. After the interview, both men fly to Atlanta.

Wednesday, Dec. 5: Johnson meets on campus with Radakovich, Hogan and President Wayne Clough. After the meeting, Johnson flies back to Annapolis knowing that he has three job offers: Georgia Tech, SMU and Duke.

Thursday, Dec. 6: Because of a snowstorm, Johnson does not have electricity at his home. He goes to his office at Ricketts Hall at about 8:15 a.m. to take a shower. Late in the morning, he meets with Navy athletics director Chet Gladchuk. That meeting ends just before noon, when Gladchuk tells The Capital newspaper of Annapolis that Johnson is "doing some serious soul searching about his future." Gladchuk meets with school officials to determine what Navy will be able to do to keep Johnson. ...

Back in Atlanta, Reale works with Radakovich on a letter of understanding concerning the Georgia Tech job. After a meeting that lasts more than two hours, Reale and Radakovich finish about 7 p.m. Reale faxes the letter of understanding to Johnson. ... Reale calls Duke and SMU to update them on the process. ... Johnson, his wife, Susan, and daughter, Kaitlyn, 14, discuss the opportunities.

Friday, Dec. 7: Johnson arrives at his office at Ricketts Hall at about 8:15 a.m. At about 9 o'clock, he calls Radakovich and tells him of his intention to come to Georgia Tech. Shortly after that, Johnson gets on the elevator and goes to the basement floor of Ricketts Hall to tell Gladchuk of his decision. ... After meeting with Gladchuk, Johnson goes back to his office, signs the letter of agreement to become Georgia Tech's next coach and faxes it to Radakovich at about 10:30 a.m. ... At 11:45 a.m. Johnson meets with his Navy team and delivers the news. He is going to Georgia Tech and will not be their coach for the Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 20. The meeting ends before noon, and by 1:20 p.m. Johnson, along with his wife and daughter, meets Hogan at Baltimore-Washington International Airport for the flight to Atlanta on a private jet. After meeting with Tech athletics staff members, Johnson tapes an interview for his new school's Web site with Wes Durham, the voice of the Yellow Jackets. At 5:30 p.m., Paul Johnson is officially introduced as the 12th head coach at Georgia Tech.

This was a timeline that was posted in the AJC by Tony Barnhart a couple of days after CPJ was hired. This gives some good insight into what the process was before and who was considered for the position. I had forgotten about Chris Hatcher and Terry Bowden being interviewed for the job

Monday, Nov. 26: After six years, with a record of 44-32 overall and 0-6 against Georgia, Chan Gailey is dismissed as the coach at Georgia Tech. Athletics director Dan Radakovich says he will hire a coach to bring a new sense of energy and excitement to the program.

Thursday, Nov. 29: The Georgia Tech search committee, which consists of Radakovich, associate athletics director Wayne Hogan and Dan Parker of the Parker Executive Search Firm, begins its interviews. At the Westin Hotel near Jackson-Hartsfield International Airport, the committee meets with Kentucky offensive coordinator Joker Phillips and Connecticut coach Randy Edsall.

Friday, Nov. 30: Also at the Westin Hotel, the search committee meets with Florida co-defensive coordinator Charlie Strong, Georgia Southern coach Chris Hatcher and Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta.

Saturday, Dec. 1: Because it is championship Saturday, no interviews are conducted. Early in the day, ESPN reports that LSU coach Les Miles will be the next coach at Michigan, and that Tenuta will go with him as defensive coordinator. Miles calls a news conference at the Georgia Dome to deny the story and state that he will stay at LSU.

Sunday, Dec. 2: The search committee holds its first meeting with Navy coach Paul Johnson at the Westin Hotel. Former Colorado and Washington coach Rick Neuheisel and former Auburn coach Terry Bowden also are interviewed. Edsall tells reporters at the annual team banquet that he will be staying at Connecticut.

Monday, Dec. 3: In Baltimore, Johnson meets with Duke President Richard Broadhead, athletics director Joe Alleva and executive vice president Tallman Trask about the school's opening at head coach.

Tuesday, Dec. 4: Strong receives a phone call informing him that anybody being brought back for a second interview at Georgia Tech would have head coaching experience. ... Johnson and Jack Reale, his Atlanta-based agent, fly to Dallas to discuss the SMU opening. After the interview, both men fly to Atlanta.

Wednesday, Dec. 5: Johnson meets on campus with Radakovich, Hogan and President Wayne Clough. After the meeting, Johnson flies back to Annapolis knowing that he has three job offers: Georgia Tech, SMU and Duke.

Thursday, Dec. 6: Because of a snowstorm, Johnson does not have electricity at his home. He goes to his office at Ricketts Hall at about 8:15 a.m. to take a shower. Late in the morning, he meets with Navy athletics director Chet Gladchuk. That meeting ends just before noon, when Gladchuk tells The Capital newspaper of Annapolis that Johnson is "doing some serious soul searching about his future." Gladchuk meets with school officials to determine what Navy will be able to do to keep Johnson. ...

Back in Atlanta, Reale works with Radakovich on a letter of understanding concerning the Georgia Tech job. After a meeting that lasts more than two hours, Reale and Radakovich finish about 7 p.m. Reale faxes the letter of understanding to Johnson. ... Reale calls Duke and SMU to update them on the process. ... Johnson, his wife, Susan, and daughter, Kaitlyn, 14, discuss the opportunities.

Friday, Dec. 7: Johnson arrives at his office at Ricketts Hall at about 8:15 a.m. At about 9 o'clock, he calls Radakovich and tells him of his intention to come to Georgia Tech. Shortly after that, Johnson gets on the elevator and goes to the basement floor of Ricketts Hall to tell Gladchuk of his decision. ... After meeting with Gladchuk, Johnson goes back to his office, signs the letter of agreement to become Georgia Tech's next coach and faxes it to Radakovich at about 10:30 a.m. ... At 11:45 a.m. Johnson meets with his Navy team and delivers the news. He is going to Georgia Tech and will not be their coach for the Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 20. The meeting ends before noon, and by 1:20 p.m. Johnson, along with his wife and daughter, meets Hogan at Baltimore-Washington International Airport for the flight to Atlanta on a private jet. After meeting with Tech athletics staff members, Johnson tapes an interview for his new school's Web site with Wes Durham, the voice of the Yellow Jackets. At 5:30 p.m., Paul Johnson is officially introduced as the 12th head coach at Georgia Tech.

And then what happened? How does the fairy tale end?

And then what happened? How does the fairy tale end?

After coming to Georgia Tech he had a couple of very exciting seasons and gave Mark Richt his first ever loss to Georgia Tech. Then there were some down years followed by an Orange Bowl victory and a victory over Kirby Smart. After that there were some awful games and the grumpy fans vowed to never return. Two years later he coached an undefeated season with new fans who were positive and supportive. The End.

1. Brent Venables
2. Lane Kiffin(can't believe I just wrote that)

3. Brent Key

4. Let's just hire the head coach at Grayson or Buford and see if they can bring some players with them..

Pretty sure being a drunk in Wisconsin is just par for the course.
as a former wisconsite, par is not being drunk on gameday, but rather drunk before noon. getting drunk in the afternoon is actually a double bogey and well below par. you have to be continually drunk from friday thru sunday to score a birdie.

as to bulimia, he was basically asked to leave wiscy, as his after-hours partying in the local bar scene (maybe the best in america, in madison) on saturdays was both legendary and an embarrassment to the university. luckily they followed him around to try and keep him outta media trouble at the end, and he was never allowed to drive. after a few near DUIs he was under constant "survelience". they covered up a lot during his years. i have no doubt his stay at the arkans-ass kollege of nowledge was no different.

Do you not know who that is?
I did not think it was a random name, but no, I don't know who it is either. Always helpful to pass on additional info you have to share about any candidate you think the board might be interested in.

You mean this guy?

Sign me up for that guy, if only he had any college/recruiting experience. I love his attitude, and in many ways – 'the numbers determine what we do, not common sense' – he's a perfect fit for GT. We'd also be buying ourselves a lot of free publicity – and we'd hear the same cliches over and over again during every broadcast for a decade.

That said, think of all the grumpy posters on this board who would beg for a pro-style offense if it wasn't a consistent and perfect success. When you're going against the grain like he is, every little thing is considered evidence that your system is a failure. It would be the triple-option prejudice but times 50.

I want someone with no prior affiliation to Georgia Tech. Someone who has hate in his heart. Someone who wants to be the head coach at Bama one day but is tired of waiting. Someone who isn’t afraid to bend the rules in the background. Someone without a pannus. Someone who will quickly appreciate the hate for 316.

Steve Spurrier Jr.

Willie Fritz.
When he was at Georgia Southern, they lead nation in rushing (2nd in 2014 behind Tech, 1st in 2015). They run the option from the shotgun which is provides better pass protection. It would be an easier transition especially with the personnel we already have. He went to two national titles with Sam Houston State. He left Georgia Southern for Tulane because they were willing to pay him $1 million. Tech could easily match that. He's struggled the past two years with Tulane but they've been transitioning from a pro style offence with pro style players. Georgia Southern was already a triple option team when Fritz got there and that made for an easier transition. Shoot, they almost beat us in 2014!

I feel like it's time for change. I've loved CPJ's time here but I think its run its course. I love his ballsiness and competitive spirit but I feel like that competitive spirit has faded this year. It's shown with the lack of energy in the players. My two criticisms with CPJ is he's too stubborn to change things up and he's not a Dodd coach. Ye's he did some pistol stuff when Vad lee was here and yes he's one the award and is a somewhat winning coach, but he's not the classiest one out there. I want a coach who openly shows love for this players building then into men. I love that we have Derrick Moore to motivate and fire up the players but I would like the head coach to be right there with him. Say what you want about Dabo, but in my opinion he's truly a Dodd coach. Players love him, fans love him, media likes then, respectable, classy, and he wins! I'm not sure if Willie Fritz is all of that but I know that those things don't always represent CPJ. And it definitely doesn't represent Mike Leach. That would be a disaster. That transition would take a long time.

All that said I'd be ok with Mike Houston. Impressive resume.

Willie Fritz.
When he was at Georgia Southern, they lead nation in rushing (2nd in 2014 behind Tech, 1st in 2015). They run the option from the shotgun which is provides better pass protection. It would be an easier transition especially with the personnel we already have. He went to two national titles with Sam Houston State. He left Georgia Southern for Tulane because they were willing to pay him $1 million. Tech could easily match that. He's struggled the past two years with Tulane but they've been transitioning from a pro style offence with pro style players. Georgia Southern was already a triple option team when Fritz got there and that made for an easier transition. Shoot, they almost beat us in 2014!

I feel like it's time for change. I've loved CPJ's time here but I think its run its course. I love his ballsiness and competitive spirit but I feel like that competitive spirit has faded this year. It's shown with the lack of energy in the players. My two criticisms with CPJ is he's too stubborn to change things up and he's not a Dodd coach. Ye's he did some pistol stuff when Vad lee was here and yes he's one the award and is a somewhat winning coach, but he's not the classiest one out there. I want a coach who openly shows love for this players building then into men. I love that we have Derrick Moore to motivate and fire up the players but I would like the head coach to be right there with him. Say what you want about Dabo, but in my opinion he's truly a Dodd coach. Players love him, fans love him, media likes then, respectable, classy, and he wins! I'm not sure if Willie Fritz is all of that but I know that those things don't always represent CPJ. And it definitely doesn't represent Mike Leach. That would be a disaster. That transition would take a long time.

All that said I'd be ok with Mike Houston. Impressive resume.

Would Willie Fritz want to come back and coach again in the State of Georgia?

Also, Dabo is a piece of öööö.

Sign me up for that guy, if only he had any college/recruiting experience. I love his attitude, and in many ways – 'the numbers determine what we do, not common sense' – he's a perfect fit for GT. We'd also be buying ourselves a lot of free publicity – and we'd hear the same cliches over and over again during every broadcast for a decade.

That said, think of all the grumpy posters on this board who would beg for a pro-style offense if it wasn't a consistent and perfect success. When you're going against the grain like he is, every little thing is considered evidence that your system is a failure. It would be the triple-option prejudice but times 50.

Hire the funky HS coach on the cheap and surround him with a well-paid staff of top notch power 5 guys for recruiting and defense. Boom.

Back