Wonder how our players are feeling

If Geoff flips that DB from Texas the hype is gonna be out of this world

The Georgia game and the Clemson game each year show our recruiting deficit better than anything else. The other is
how many kids have made it to the NFL during Johnson's years. I loved coach Johnson and I really like the triple option or
flex bone offense but it is obvious kids don't like it and that is what you need, aggressive tough kids. It is not so much four star
or three star but keeping the talent in Georgia and especially close to Atlanta at TECH. Coach Collins is going to create an atmosphere
where kids want to play and also get a great education. I am all in. I actually think we have a good offensive base anyway. Jalen Camp is a
big guy and could easily play tight end or a hybrid H-back. We have a ton of running backs, some of which could be receivers. We have a
talented offensive line that will be taught how to pass block. Remember, they never actually pass blocked. It was always a run first blocking scheme.
I think the defense needs work but hopefully as a defensive minded coach he will draw defensive talent to TECH. GO Jackets
So we can’t get talent in, but at the same time, we have a good offensive base? :crazy:

I've heard arguments in defense of PJ's recruiting that guys like Michael Johnson were not major recruits, and other arguments in defense of PJ's player development that guys like Michael Johnson were major recruits.

I'm glad he was our coach and there are probably few offensive minds in the game at his level, but you're kidding yourself if you think the talent differential between this year's team and the team CPJ inherited is insignificant.

PJ inherited an entire defensive line of future NFL draftees, an NFL safety, an NFL running back, an NFL wide receiver, and an NFL offensive tackle. He had more players on that 2008 team who would be drafted in the first three rounds than he recruited in his entire tenure here.

I've heard arguments in defense of PJ's recruiting that guys like Michael Johnson were not major recruits, and other arguments in defense of PJ's player development that guys like Michael Johnson were major recruits.

I'm glad he was our coach and there are probably few offensive minds in the game at his level, but you're kidding yourself if you think the talent differential between this year's team and the team CPJ inherited is insignificant.

PJ inherited an entire defensive line of future NFL draftees, an NFL safety, an NFL running back, an NFL wide receiver, and an NFL offensive tackle. He had more players on that 2008 team who would be drafted in the first three rounds than he recruited in his entire tenure here.
You’re forgetting about a truck load of CFL draft picks.

You're posting some really stupid öööö.
DqIJ5Ex.jpg

You need to get over CPJ quitting too. smoke some pot or something.

I’m posting something relevant to the title of the thread which, not surprisingly, is completely irrelevant to what’s actually being discussed IN the thread.

I didn’t have a great feeling hearing that CGC did not invite seniors to the introductory conference to the team (not the press conference). You think this was to not sidetrack the older players? Can’t think of any reason he would, though I guess they are kind of irrelevant to him. Brant and Tarquon seemed kind of miffed about it when asked.

Last edited:
That wasn't the point. My comment was reinforcing the poster's comment that the current roster was not what Coach Collins wanted it to be. I said the current roster isn't where anyone would want it to be--save, possibly, Paul Johnson. If you are happy with our current roster, more power to you. But I think it has been universally acknowledged that Georgia Tech would benefit from having better athletes on the team.
My other point is this - the talent is better than you think. Or want to acknowledge.
Hell, what team wouldn't benefit from better athletes? even alabama wasn't No. 1 in recruiting every year under Saban. In 2014, it was USC.
In fact, the top five that year were USC, Alabama, FSU, Clemson and Tennessee.
Three of them have had coaching changes. And they went 5-7. even with top 5 recruiting classes that would be seniors this year.
If you think 5 stars are going to be banging down the door now that Collins is here or he's going to work some magic, I just don't see it happening. Have you seen his two classes at Temple? Much heavier in 2 stars than in 3 stars.
My point is there more talent than anybody realizes. and the last two recruiting classes have been good. We just haven't seen a lot of them to date, with the exception of the Thomases and Tariq Carpenter.

I didn’t have a great feeling hearing that CGC did not invite seniors to the introductory conference to the team (not the press conference).
That's very interesting; I didn't know that. I would have to know more about the circumstances to have an opinion whether that was the wrong thing to do... but still, an interesting choice.

He's never going to coach the seniors so what would be the point of him meeting with them? He has 100 other priorities other than and getting to know who will be on his team next year and answering their questions.

He's never going to coach the seniors so what would be the point of him meeting with them? He has 100 other priorities other than and getting to know who will be on his team next year and answering their questions.

I guess it doesn't matter other than for politics/butthurt reasons, since the seniors aren't really going to have any contact with him. (But you might want to keep them happy, since they're some of the captains and leaders, and you don't want to alienate them from the program after they're done.)

The third-hand report I got from girlfriend's coworker's son who is on the team was that the he was pretty fired up and wished that he was a freshman so he'd have more time under Collins. That's one positive data point, FWIW.

I have a hard time following the timeline Friday evening. From what I gather, his plane was delayed, then he was on the phone with 680 (maybe while he was on the road from the airport?), then he had a meeting with the underclassmen (can't have been very long), then he had the press conference?

JRjr

The only reason I want CGC to succeed is so that we'll stop comparing CCG with CPJ. These arguments are so stupid.

After the first uga win, someone is going to say he won with CPJ's players.

After the first uga win, someone is going to say he won with CPJ's players.
Which is also what someone will say after the first loss. Which should tell us something about our certainties.

Last edited:
Pollack would have been a mediocre DE had Stroud and Seymour not been on the interior getting double teamed. Pollack got exposed in the NFL

Then they broke his freaking neck, he got aids, died, and was resurrected as an espn zombie talking head.

Back