Would everyone take a minute

1981 - Legion Field Gt 24-21 over #2 Bama. Mike Kelley hurt. Jim Bob Taylor to the rescue. Lost the next 10.

Thank you to all of you for sharing. It has been enlightening to say the least.

Go Jackets!
Bust Their Ass!
So what parsing algorithm are you using to input this into the AI? I guess what I'm really asking is how much time before dudes with badges and tacticool gear show up to take away us wrong-thinkers?

Been going to Tech games longer than I can remember, would have been '81 or '82 (born in '80).

First game I saw at Grant Field was 1958 (I was 8 years old),GT played Alabama and
lost 17-8, GT finished 5-4-1 in 1958. Never the less I was hooked on the Yellow Jackets,
thanks to my older brother and uncle who both loved the Yellow Jackets!!!

THWg!!!!!!!!

And post the year you attended your FIRST Georgia Tech game and the opponent if you remember. I’m just curious is all. Thank you in advance.

1975 - Duke
I think I might have been at the 75 Duke game, but my very first was early 60's, my dad would take us on Thanksgiving to see the Freshman game. First varsity game might have been around 71 or so, wish I could remember more but mind is hampered by too much liquor over the years.

1984 vs Tennessee at Grant field. Raining all game, their kicker slipped in mud on game winner. I was 10.

1983. GT vs Furman. I was 11 and we got tickets from someone. GT lost. Didn’t go to another one until I was a freshman at GT in 91’. Since then I’ve only missed a handful of home games (<10) up to now.

1981 - Legion Field Gt 24-21 over #2 Bama. Mike Kelley hurt. Jim Bob Taylor to the rescue. Lost the next 10.
Robert Lavette's debut, I believe! I was finishing up my summer job in Pensacola FL, living with my cousin and her husband, both big Bammer fans. We were all shocked and in disbelief of the outcome of that game: they were sad; I was, quietly, ecstatic! That was about one week before I moved to the YMCA to start my first Quarter @ Tech.

Robert Lavette's debut, I believe! I was finishing up my summer job in Pensacola FL, living with my cousin and her husband, both big Bammer fans. We were all shocked and in disbelief of the outcome of that game: they were sad; I was, quietly, ecstatic! That was about one week before I moved to the YMCA to start my first Quarter @ Tech.
ThT was Lavette’s debut. I was there.

Back