Would everyone take a minute

1969- GT 6 ugag 0. Grandad got us tickets on the 40 yd line lower west. Little did I know, fans in that section didn’t cheer much but as a 12 yr old, I tried to make up for them cheering for the defense. What a great memory!
That game is still one of my fondest Tech victories. I was 12 years old and had not experienced a Tech victory since 1963 when I was 6. That was half my life and seemed like an eternity. Jack Williams sneaked over from the one and the D pitched a shutout. I remember the sheer elation of that victory.

Sept. 30, 1972 Rice. My dad took me for my birthday. Ended in a tie 36 - 36.

My USMC Dad ( Korea, Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Sargent ) is now resting in the Georgia Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Milledgiville as of Nov. 4, 2023. He was a big TECH fan.
Your dad is reincarnated in all of us this weekend, as is my dad.

He taught me the words to the Rambling Wreck in 1963 when I was 6. Now both me and Rules Jr. are GT grads. And we’ll both be there this weekend.

Aren't human brains weird like that, the things we remember and which details stay with us? Some kind of self-preservation thing maybe. Like here, to this day, you're still telling yourself it was a girl.
Damn man. So it was you :crazy:

Mine was a late 80’s game against UGaly at the Dodd. I think beer was still sold there before they cut it off. Then was the Citrus bowl shortly after. I saw more AMC basketball games growing up. I went to many CCG games from about 2003-2005.

Sept. 30, 1972 Rice. My dad took me for my birthday. Ended in a tie 36 - 36.

My USMC Dad ( Korea, Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Sargent ) is now resting in the Georgia Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Milledgiville as of Nov. 4, 2023. He was a big TECH fan.
Tech had to come from behind and on the game on a 2 point conversion. Also, that game is noteworthy for haveing the most TD passes by a Tech QB in a game, 5. Less noteworthy, the Tech record for interceptions by a QB was tied in that game, 5 also.

That game is still one of my fondest Tech victories. I was 12 years old and had not experienced a Tech victory since 1963 when I was 6. That was half my life and seemed like an eternity. Jack Williams sneaked over from the one and the D pitched a shutout. I remember the sheer elation of that victory.
That was the first time a Dooley team had been shutout.

Jack Williams TD vs UGag 1969 - v2.jpg
1969 GT - 6 UGA - 0.jpg

The coaches brought a keg to the T-Club for the celebration that night.

First game was I think '96 UGA, first game as a fan was freshman year UCF 2000, recent grad with his girl got us drunk upper east. 2nd game some bullshit PI against FSU, got drunk in Smith pregame on that one.

1971, beat ranked Michigan State, one week after we lost away to USCe to drop out of Top 25, never to make it back in (lost to Army at home the following week). Had my rat cap stolen by an upperclassman at the game, so had to buy another one.

1971, beat ranked Michigan State, one week after we lost away to USCe to drop out of Top 25, never to make it back in (lost to Army at home the following week). Had my rat cap stolen by an upperclassman at the game, so had to buy another one.
Our D shut down Eric "Flea" Allen, their TB who would would set the NCAA single game rushing record of 347 yards - later broken by Eddie Lee Ivery vs USAFA with 356 yards. IIRC Allen only picked up about 10 yards rushing all day.

That Spartan team also had future NYG LB Brad Van Pelt playing safety, future NFL HoFer (OG for OJ's Buffalo Bills "Electric Company") Joe DeLamielleure, and Cowboys TE Billy Joe Dupree.

The Spartans weren't too happy with their tiny Visitors Dressing Room & small, cramped showers under the old AA Bldg.... & Carson had the air conditioning turned off for the September heat.:cooleek:

Oct.5th 1985, at home against North Carolina. The good guys won 31-0 with young Jerry May's having a good day running the ball on the astroturf. Tech would finish the year 9-2-1 beating Michican State in the Hall of Fame bowl. The Jackets finished ranked in the top 20 in both polls for the first time in fifteen years.

First Time Seeing Football on The Flats: Bill Curry Spring Game 1980

First Real Game: Tulane 1980 (have to verify w my uncle though)

First Game I Recall: 1982 Wake Forest; sat in the South end of stadium IIRC.

First Game As A Student: 1991 UVA; technically classes had not started but we “tailgated” at my future room at Techwood pre-game

1984 vs Bammer
This was my first game as well. I was 16. My parents were divorced and my dad, even though he was a Tech alum, was sick when I was growing up and was never able to take me to a game. I went with my mom and sister. My mom's brother, a really fine man, bought us tickets and he and my two cousins drove up from Newnan and met us at Bobby Dodd. My uncle was a UGA grad and a huge Georgia fan, but he put it aside so I could attend my first ever Tech game. I still have the ticket stub somewhere.

This was my first game as well. I was 16. My parents were divorced and my dad, even though he was a Tech alum, was sick when I was growing up and was never able to take me to a game. I went with my mom and sister. My mom's brother, a really fine man, bought us tickets and he and my two cousins drove up from Newnan and met us at Bobby Dodd. My uncle was a UGA grad and a huge Georgia fan, but he put it aside so I could attend my first ever Tech game. I still have the ticket stub somewhere.
I’m from Newnan. Did he grow up there?

Back