Would everyone take a minute

2002 - Freshman year at Tech. Loss to Wake Forest at home. I was like wtf is this öööö we just lost to a team whose mascot looks like a crazy monopoly man.
The last game my mom attended. Football just isn't her deal. Wake dominated TOP and ran like 90 plays to our 50. It was frustrating to see an entire game death march before we even know what one was.

2002 - Freshman year at Tech. Loss to Wake Forest at home. I was like wtf is this öööö we just lost to a team whose mascot looks like a crazy monopoly man.
You waited for all our players to get suspended, and our Heisman candidate to blow his knee out, and at that point thought it would be a good idea to check out a game?

Edit: nvm suspensions came after that season

I think sometime in 1986. Was only 5. There are some pictures somewhere.

1978 Peach Bowl, Christmas Day vs Purdue at Atl-FulCo stadium. Played my brand new Mattel electronic football game in the car. Good times.
I was at that game. My old high school classmate ran one back for a TD.

1969- GT 6 ugag 0. Grandad got us tickets on the 40 yd line lower west. Little did I know, fans in that section didn’t cheer much but as a 12 yr old, I tried to make up for them cheering for the defense. What a great memory!

1977 Duke
It was Homecoming. I was 7.
We had a lead and blew it at the end. They ran out of popcorn.
I cried.
I should have known then.

'95 UNC. Went to one game as a high schooler in anticipation of becoming a RAT. Sat in the Upper West (I've only sat up there like once or twice since.)

1985 Virginia, cavman was just as flamboyant then, but still in the closet for obvious reasons.

1969- GT 6 ugag 0. Grandad got us tickets on the 40 yd line lower west. Little did I know, fans in that section didn’t cheer much but as a 12 yr old, I tried to make up for them cheering for the defense. What a great memory!
I took my mom to that game --- the only COFH game she ever saw in person. I took my dad to the '74 game in Athens (Tech won big) --- the only COFH game he ever saw in person. Looking back, I guess I should have taken them to more games...LOL

Back