Would everyone take a minute

1971 & South Carolina
If not it was the UGA game in 1971 if that was the one they gave the TD to Poulos late at Grant Field
Think the most fun game was the Kansas game at Grant Field the year after they beat us out there when the GT offense rushed for what was it 678 yards or something m

My Dad passed away last year on December 26th. He wasn’t a GT fan, nor cared about college football (moving to Georgia from Connecticut in 1978) but would always take me to games. When I helped my Mom move earlier this year, I found that seat cushion and ticket stub from the 1995 Maryland game. Just brings up the good memories from the past.

1970. Maybe Tennessee, but I was overwhelmed by the spectacle of big time college football, being a rural small town Georgia boy.
Looked it up… South Carolina. It was a long time ago.
1700438914124.png

I attended them before, but I distinctly remember Mike Kelly at QB when I was a kid. I remember the Auburn tiger tail game. Hell.....I'm old. Mid 1970's-ish. I used to draw the stadium in my notebook, old south stands and all. I thought it was one of the biggest stadiums in sports at the time

1978 versus Notre Dame. This was the infamous game where Notre Dame was winning big and Tech students from the east stands started throwing fish and other debris from the east stands. My family was sitting in the upper West stands so we really couldn’t tell what was happening except that there was a delay late in the game and were losing so we left before it was resolved.

And post the year you attended your FIRST Georgia Tech game and the opponent if you remember. I’m just curious is all. Thank you in advance.

1975 - Duke
1999. Clemson. My grandfather somehow got one of the players to take us into the Edge building after the game to meet Joe Hamilton. We had to wait on the press conference to end (standing right at the edge of the old bright yellow background). It was awesome.

1967 Orange Bowl vs Florida. Bobby Dodd’s last game as head coach. Florida won 27-12. Heisman winner Steve Spurrier was QB. I was a gator fan back then.
First game as Tech fan was my freshman year in 1972 at Grant Field vs Tennessee. We lost 34-3. But I’ve been a Tech fan ever since.

This thread making me feel young!

2000 UCF. Great comeback win. We were down 17-7 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, ended up winning 21-17. Gene Chizik was the DC at UCF then

Back