Would everyone take a minute

Tech @ UGA 1980

First game at Grant Field: FSU @ Tech 1996

2002 - Freshman year at Tech. Loss to Wake Forest at home. I was like wtf is this öööö we just lost to a team whose mascot looks like a crazy monopoly man.

My first memory is us playing Michigan at Grant Field, which I don't think ever actually happened so I'm not sure who my first game was against. First one I remember, 1977 against uga, a 16-7 win.

I have very faint (hopefully accurate) memories and I don't know if it was actually my first game or not. I recall we were about to lose and my dad wanted to pack up and leave. I convinced him to stay and Shawn Jones hit a long pass that led to a go-ahead score. Don't recall if that was a FG or a TD or who the opponent was. Dad was happy I talked him into it.

1995. My friend invited me to watch GT play a ranked Maryland team. I knew nothing about college football. I was in the north end zone and the school gave seat pads to all the fans to sit on. A bad call happened near our endzone so we threw all the pads onto the field. The students would then collect the pads and hand them back out and we would throw them anytime it felt right. It was an incredible experience and made me a lifetime GT football fan.

It was in 2000 (freshman year) but I do not recall which game. Probably UCF.

It was in the late 1970s —against Air Force or Cal. I was in elementary school so I can’t quite remember which game I went to first.

2001 Citadel - the home opener my freshman year. Memory of it is foggy but I remember sitting in the east stands behind the columns, before they renovated the stadium a couple years later.

Back