Would everyone take a minute

1984. The Citadel.
Since a clown wasn't coaching Tech, we won that game.

I don't think I went to the Alabama game. But I do recall going to The Citadel in 84. Was at Clemson the following week. think I skipped N.C. State and Tennessee. Maybe went to the Duke game that year?

I attended them before, but I distinctly remember Mike Kelly at QB when I was a kid. I remember the Auburn tiger tail game. Hell.....I'm old. Mid 1970's-ish. I used to draw the stadium in my notebook, old south stands and all. I thought it was one of the biggest stadiums in sports at the time
I think that Auburn tail game was 1979. My first year at GT.

2005 season opener as a student. First time watching college football. Haven't missed watching many since.

And post the year you attended your FIRST Georgia Tech game and the opponent if you remember. I’m just curious is all. Thank you in advance.

1975 - Duke

2008 vs Jax State. CPJ's first game and my freshman undergrad first semester. Wasn't a Tech fan until I went to GT.

I have no idea, but my first memory is some older gentleman yelling Suggs Sucks and yelling something at Gailey

1969 I believe we played Baylor for my first game at GF. My sister was a cheerleader and had a date id which she used for me. I had to sit on the bench next to the fence. They dressed me up like the male cheerleaders.
Later in the year I wandered more and a big Auburn RB got knocked out of bounds right next to me (10 years old). It scared the crap out of my sister. So I think that was my last game of three.

The next year she “promoted” me into selling peanuts, cokes in Grant Field. I liked it and learned a lot but she really wanted to have a real date on the field with her!

2005 vs. UGA at BDS. Lost the game but Calvin had a sick diving catch in the corner of the endzone
2001 at Bobby Dodd Stadium vs. the Bullfrogs. Tech had beaten the scum from Athens 3 consecutive years going into that game. Unfortunately, the Jackets lost that day. It was St. Mark Richt's first season as Georgie's coach. I think it was a 3:30pm kick off, but it ended at night. I told my friend, who had gotten us tickets, I wanted to leave once the game got out of hand. I got tired of some of the Bull Slob GA fans talking trash. I reminded their sorry ass we had beaten them 3 years in a row.

My friend's younger sister was a student at Tech at that time. She was one of the nicest people on the planet. She never had a bad word to say about anyone until that night. I heard her curse out some obnoxious GA fans as we were leaving the stadium. Her brother and I started laughing and said, "Good for you! Don't EVER take any öööö from a GA fan!"

GO JACKETS!

1987 Wake Forest. Got a free ticket for sitting through a textiles engineering presentation as a high school student. It was freezing and they kicked our butts.

JRjr

Pretty sure it was 1981 Tech vs UF in Gainesville. We got beat badly and the team went 1-10 that season with the only win against #2 Alabama.

First game I went to was 1981 but I'll be damned if I remember who it was. BUT the first game I actually remember was the dwag game in 1981.

First g d play of the game was a pass to LS that went 80 yards for a TD.

1991 vs UVA at Bobby Dodd. First game while I was a student and really the first time I drank Jim Beam out of a plastic flask. We‘d buy mixers (Coca-Cola) and mix the JB in our seats and use the bottom of the yellow Pom Pom shakers as stir sticks. Funny how every time I smell bourbon, it reminds me of those great years at Tech (besides ‘94, that was terrible)!

Back