Write Tstan

As much of a disaster as the Collins era has been, we will compound the problem exponentially if the next hire is a flop. To me, the real nightmare scenario is TStan hiring a dud, then getting fired himself, leaving the next AD stuck with the next idiot coach.

Yeah, this is part of the reason I don't see it happening. I doubt Stan has anybody lined up. Most likely would just promote Key.

This is another factor. Who really has confidence in Stansbury to make the next hire after so badly whiffing on this one?

Rolling the dice on Collins wasn’t the issue so much as a contract that was one sided. The AD(s) have given out some horrendous contracts.

I don’t know of the GT Prez and how much he “cares.” I also don’t have a lot of confidence in getting a good AD here. Grim öööö.

Rolling the dice on Collins wasn’t the issue so much as a contract that was one sided. The AD(s) have given out some horrendous contracts.

I don’t know of the GT Prez and how much he “cares.” I also don’t have a lot of confidence in getting a good AD here. Grim öööö.

Yeah, it should've been an either/or sort of thing: either you go with a gamble like Collins, or you try to lure someone more established with a lengthier contract than normal.

Collins was not a hot name in the coaching carousel, and even at the time it sounded like his desire to get the job was greater than our desire to have him, so it's mind-boggling that we got swindled so badly.

We get the dwags back at BDS in two years. If CGC loses as badly in that game, I think TStan might decide to make a move then.

Are there actual reasons outside of Coach Debaclins for wanting Stansbury gone?

Yeah, it should've been an either/or sort of thing: either you go with a gamble like Collins, or you try to lure someone more established with a lengthier contract than normal.

Collins was not a hot name in the coaching carousel, and even at the time it sounded like his desire to get the job was greater than our desire to have him, so it's mind-boggling that we got swindled so badly.

He was willing to do it for relatively cheap money. I suspect he was the lowest cost of anyone we interviewed.

While complaining about C******, make sure you drop in a line about how embarrassing it is for Tech to not even care enough to paint the damned field before a nationally televised rivalry game. I’m guessing that when Todd made the genius decision to go to turf, he ööööcanned the majority of the grounds crew that had been top notch and there’s either no one available to paint or no one left who gives a öööö.

Todd’s whole operation, from top to bottom, looks like a öööö show. If you can’t take care of the minor details, like painting the field, why should you be trusted for the big stuff like hiring competent coaches?

While complaining about C******, make sure you drop in a line about how embarrassing it is for Tech to not even care enough to paint the damned field before a nationally televised rivalry game. I’m guessing that when Todd made the genius decision to go to turf, he ööööcanned the majority of the grounds crew that had been top notch and there’s either no one available to paint or no one left who gives a öööö.

Todd’s whole operation, from top to bottom, looks like a öööö show. If you can’t take care of the minor details, like painting the field, why should you be trusted for the big stuff like hiring competent coaches?

The whole last half of the Season it looked like dogshit and the AA couldn't be bothered to notice. Cracker Jack operation. Embarrassing.

I truly think we can make some progress with new coordinators. While CGC is a dumbass X’s and O’s Coach, I think he is an amazing recruiter and culture-builder. So, I want to see what some real coaches can do with the kids and we have on the roster. If both paten-douche and Thacker aren’t fired, I won’t have any words.

I'm getting soured on the 'culture', too.

It appears to be soft...

Unaccountable...

I'm getting soured on the 'culture', too.

It appears to be soft...

Unaccountable...

Culture. Collins is a guy who watch a "think outside the box" Ted Talk in 2005 and has been expanding the talking points ever since. It was enough to completely sucker Stansbury in. I think a not so insignificant portion of the fanbase saw through this but put some trust in the powers that be that they saw a little bit more. And goddammit it when you're a fan you need to believe because that's what fans do.

Trust was misplaced

I truly think we can make some progress with new coordinators. While CGC is a dumbass X’s and O’s Coach, I think he is an amazing recruiter and culture-builder. So, I want to see what some real coaches can do with the kids and we have on the roster. If both paten-douche and Thacker aren’t fired, I won’t have any words.

Amazing culture builder? Can anybody elucidate exactly what culture we’re building? It doesn’t seem to be about toughness or accountability or that nebulous “winning mindset” that teams like the 2021 Braves exhibit. The word “culture” has been used a lot for the last 3 years, but has Coach Emptysuit Saynothing ever actually defined what he thinks it means? Because it sure isn’t evident from the stands.

JRjr

It’s that he said he “had his guy”. If he does nothing he’s essentially tied himself to him. It’s just the way it is.
I didn’t hear his press conference. TStan has his guy but did he specifically say it was Geoff?
Could his guy be someone else?

TSTAN- you are obviously hitching your wagon to the Collins train. OK -you are smart enough to know the consequences of that. Here’s my suggestion to you- get Collins some help to understand the donor/fan part of his job. He needs to earn the right to ignore fans and donor expectations. You earn that right by winning games- 9 wins in 3 years doesn’t cut it.

Back