Yates: Ride or Die...for now

I suspect this game will shape my thoughts on Yates.

He did fine against an FCS team and did a good job as a game manager against Clemson.

Brennan Armstrong just gashed this defense for 554 yards and 4 TDs. If we aren’t successful in the pass game we have a problem.
Yeah, nice post, agreed. Yates has to put up yards AND points while continuing to protect the football. I think he's game for it but we're going to know really soon. It would really help if he could lean on a powerful ground attack and not have to do it all from the pocket.

I suspect this game will shape my thoughts on Yates.

He did fine against an FCS team and did a good job as a game manager against Clemson.

Brennan Armstrong just gashed this defense for 554 yards and 4 TDs. If we aren’t successful in the pass game we have a problem.

My one thought on the comparison is wasn't there something about UVA having the best offensive line in the conference? Or was that something about grading after the fact on last year?

Sims is a really bad QB. Definitely the worst in the ACC. Probably one of the worst in the FBS. His passing is terrible. Fumbles far too often. Poor decision making. He would never play another down for us. Please use the transfer portal now. Yates has been great.
Plus in the promotional posters they made of him it looks like he’s tickling his on balls, thats not cool

Sims is a really bad QB. Definitely the worst in the ACC. Probably one of the worst in the FBS. His passing is terrible. Fumbles far too often. Poor decision making. He would never play another down for us. Please use the transfer portal now. Yates has been great.
Well, we're waiting.gif

Yates would have won this game, sims just had a little more electricity

Back