Yates: Ride or Die...for now

I would hope we could just keep this on the College level

Russ Wilson might be the best deep thrower in the NFL along with. ARodgers, and Russ Wilson has an exceptionally strong arm , and mobility to keep plays alive, are those now called intangibles , maybe

Upside is never better, you are right

However if we cultivate the upside, then maybe that better will translate to the field

Based on all accounts Sims works hard, I just find it astonishing that so many seem ready to move on after a bad 1 Qtr of FB, this season
I did keep this on a college level I talked directly of is college time and also did you know his yard per pass was about 7 yards throughout his time in college. Throwing a deep ball it's not solely considered on how hard and far it goes... basically anything 35+ is considered a deep pass and being accurate and delivering on time is a main component of that which Wilson excels at in NFL.

How many of those you speak of have we had at GT in recent memory?
None. Although I really had hopes for Threet (transferred to Michigan, his dream school) and Renfree (rescinded commitment when CPJ was hired)

Oh wow. Yates couldn't get us in the end zone vs Clemson. Guess UGA better sit their QB too...they didn't make the end zone.

LOLOLOL

The other excuse was that it was the first game of the season. Don't forget that.

Agree regarding both points, but a game manager with an opportunity to make big plays is more important than big play ability with a higher probability of killing drives.
I can buy that, as long as the game manager can put points on the board. We'll have to see.

Wow…this thread. What I’ve learned so far:

1. Yates makes good decisions, keeps his eyes downfield, cannot throw the ball vertical, wins games, has low upside;
2. Sims is a dynamic athlete, turnover machine, could win the Heisman, may enter the transfer portal, is hurt, should maybe get his job back when healthy, was recruited by FSU
3. Sims strong arm was observed in pregame
4. Tom Brady has a stronger arm than Matthew Stafford because somebody watched him throw in warmups 10 years ago
5. Some think @JJacket is a douche, he thinks people are snowflakes
6. @PressManCoverage watches all 11 players on offense, not just the QB, RBs and WRs. He encourages others to do the same

What did I miss?

A lot of coulda, shoulda, woulda?? :dunno:

Agree regarding both points, but a game manager with an opportunity to make big plays is more important than big play ability with a higher probability of killing drives.
I fully agree with what you said above

My issue is that very few Fans ask for an OL or a TE be replaced when they make errors and have a high probability of killing drives also

Help me out, am I being unfair to anyone?

I fully agree with what you said above

My issue is that very few Fans ask for an OL or a TE be replaced when they make errors and have a high probability of killing drives also

Help me out, am I being unfair to anyone?
No. If you watch a play, it is pretty easy to see the missed assignments that causes play to fail. Just like the shovel pass. Should have worked, but so should the plays leading up to it

Sims reminds me of Jacory Harris. Harris had 50 career INT when he finished at Miami.

Two int's & a fumble? You are wasting you're fortune telling talents on a football game, you need to go bigger !!
I take it back. With the same play calling I predict one INT and possibly a fumble. I can see Sims about to pass but try to tuck it in to run but cough it up. 50/50 if he can recover it himself. He sure as hell isn't ripping it out of the arms of a stud DLineman like another Tech legend. I've watched him play good defenses before, have you?

No. If you watch a play, it is pretty easy to see the missed assignments that causes play to fail. Just like the shovel pass. Should have worked, but so should the plays leading up to it
I’d venture to say that plays aren’t designed to fail on purpose.

I’d venture to say that plays aren’t designed to fail on purpose.
No, but the play also wasn't designed for the OL to be standing there bumfuddled while his assignment makes a potential game saving tackle

Back