Youth......

I don't disagree with a word you said Tex. I too think as you do that we should put players in position to have success. Not using as an excuse, probably just more pissed than anything.

I'm more passed than you, I drank more.

It's all of the above. Poor coaching (fundamentals as well as in-game decisions). Youth at the skill positions. And horrid O-line play. Horrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all of the above. Poor coaching (fundamentals as well as in-game decisions). Youth at the skill positions. And horrid O-line play. Horrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent line play and we can still perform offensively.

OL minus Shaq had their issues last year. CPJ said WTTE of the skill players made other players look better right after the OB.

We can't keep half their team out of the backfield with 4 returning starters. This is embarrassing. The young skill position players can't develop because there's someone in their face. Sewak should be gone Monday morning. This line is awful.

Agreed! We have gone through D coordinators like coffee filters at a Waffle house, why not on the other side of the ball??

We can hope can't we Diseqc????????!

what is his incentive to do it? Johnson knows he isn't getting fired. so why fire his friend?

Roof better be worried though. Johnson will find someone to take a fall and we know it isn't going to be an offensive coach.

Youth is certainly a problem but that doesn't explain why some of our experienced players seem to have regressed. Gotsis is the only upperclassman who appears to have gotten better. Wouldn't surprise me that our players spent the offseason reading hype rather than duplicating the hard work that made 2014 a success. Not casting stones because these are 18-22 year olds and I would probably do the same thing at their age. Unfortunately we don't have the talent levels to operate at a sub-optimum, especially considering our injury situation.

you really think he's going to fire his best friend?

CPJ is the head coach, he should be a manager as well as a OC. If one on his departments supervisor isn't getting it done, perhaps its time to promote someone else. I really don't give a hoot about their friendship, just want this team to be better.

BTW, Go VOLS!! , leading the F'n dawgs by 7 with 4 mins to go.

P.S, the Vols uniforms are the wrong shade of orange.

what is his incentive to do it? Johnson knows he isn't getting fired. so why fire his friend?

Roof better be worried though. Johnson will find someone to take a fall and we know it isn't going to be an offensive coach.

I agree Diseqc. Someone will take a fall. Will be interesting to see who.

CPJ is the head coach, he should be a manager as well as a OC. If one on his departments supervisor isn't getting it done, perhaps its time to promote someone else. I really don't give a hoot about their friendship, just want this team to be better.

Exactly, make Sewak a special assistant to the towel boy and make Mover o-line coach. They'd at least be tough when sober.

Youth is certainly a problem but that doesn't explain why some of our experienced players seem to have regressed. Gotsis is the only upperclassman who appears to have gotten better. Wouldn't surprise me that our players spent the offseason reading hype rather than duplicating the hard work that made 2014 a success. Not casting stones because these are 18-22 year olds and I would probably do the same thing at their age. Unfortunately we don't have the talent levels to operate at a sub-optimum, especially considering our injury situation.

Cycle. Good question indeed. When you have to play skill players as deep on the rosters as they are it just isn't good. My problem is with the OL and what I believe to be a major regression. Except for last year, I do not think we have been very good there in CPJ's tenure.

Amen brother!!!

Back