öööö the SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really talkiing about football coaching pay, but ok. I am talking about other things (like rental helicopters, etc.), other things that help recruiting, travel money, etc. But, if I am not mistaken, I do believe CGC got a few extra positions related to marketing/etc. that PJ did not have, but maybe PJ never asked for these things. I do know from people who are supposed to know that he did ask for things to assist with improving the program, and he did not get them, especially under the former AD.

Cpj mentioned several times his requests to get more recruiting budget, where ours was relative to the acc, and the push to get a sports science degree. He got the minor (still no major), and only got meagre improvement in recruitnng budget but we kept falling behind. Collins got some new recruiting budget when hired and cpj commented on the help finally arriving and wishing him luck.

I used to listen to the radio show every week and it came up several times, particularly in his last couple years.

Cpj mentioned several times his requests to get more recruiting budget, where ours was relative to the acc, and the push to get a sports science degree. He got the minor (still no major), and only got meagre improvement in recruitnng budget but we kept falling behind. Collins got some new recruiting budget when hired and cpj commented on the help finally arriving and wishing him luck.

I used to listen to the radio show every week and it came up several times, particularly in his last couple years.
Yes, we needed that budget because it is so difficult to get in a car and drive to a HS in metro Atlanta. It is why CPJ rarely did that. He did look good puffing cigars on the golf course though.

Yes, we needed that budget because it is so difficult to get in a car and drive to a HS in metro Atlanta. It is why CPJ rarely did that. He did look good puffing cigars on the golf course though.

We couldn’t do the free stuff like remember recruits names

He wanted more analyst since Duke had 10. He ultimately got 4-5, but felt that wasn’t on par

Last edited:
Seems like you’re fluent in it - your first language?

Did you actually have to edit the sentence above to get it right? LOL.

JRjr

You are the only one who didn’t understand, so maybe that speaks to your ineptitude and many shortcomings.

redirect

huh. ibeeballin likes having his salad tossed by old men. they say you learn something new everyday, but that was not what i was expecting.

The spirit of Christmas is strong in this thread

Or is it Xmas?
I have no beef with Xmas. The X is a cross which is associated with Christ. I even knew a girl that went by "Xtina" (yes the extra t was redundant)

I have no beef with Xmas. The X is a cross which is associated with Christ. I even knew a girl that went by "Xtina" (yes the extra t was redundant)
Did you refer to her as XXXtina?

If you're saying that the service academies recruit themselves it's simply not true. Other have given Bobby Ross' example but even Paul Johnson. I can't remember it was maybe Dwyer or Roddy Jones, one of the original players was recruited by Johnson while at Navy and specifically said he didn't go there because he didn't want to get up at 5 AM and march, or something like that. That's not the only one.

it's absolutely true. "Recruit themselves" doesn't mean that 100% of the players were going to go there regardless of recruiting. It means that, no matter who the coach & scheme is, there are plenty of HS student athletes across America who want to attend the service academies anyway.

That some kids don't want to wake up at 5am doesn't equate to all kids not desiring to do so.

It has been a while, but . . .
44151835015_f7de5c7e97_z.jpg

On topic:

öööö the $EC. UF looked just awesome yesterday.

You are the only one who didn’t understand, so maybe that speaks to your ineptitude and many shortcomings.

Oh, I can understand what you’re saying. It’s just embarrassing that it’s the best you can do as a Tech grad.

1640384419446.jpeg

JRjr

You epitomize every UGA insult of Techies by sitting on a ööööing message board & grading post with a red pen. What a dork lol

fify fyi

I’m a dork and you’re semi-literate. I guess we just have to embrace what we are. :-)

JRjr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back