2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

Does he redshirt next year? I'm kinda worried about our only options being Washington and Sims next year... Could be quite disastrous.

synjyn days is going to have a chance. hopefully has been working on the mesh with charles perkins all season long on scout team.

synjyn days is going to have a chance. hopefully has been working on the mesh with charles perkins all season long on scout team.

hopefully, they haven't been working on the mesh on the scout team. If they were, that might explain some of our defensive issues this year.

:rolleyes:

If he enrolls early, he'll be here for spring practice. Therefore by default, he'll be a factor in the QB race if only by pushing those around him.

I didn't say he'd win the starting job, just that he'd make things interesting.

He will be held out of scrimmages and things because he has no option experience. It will be a good learning experience though.

Anyone heard anything about our interest in Rod Hall (WR) from Laney. I have seen him play first hand and he is amazing. The coaches there say that Tech is looking at him.

Not that I want to quote my own post, but gteric have you heard anything about our interest in Rod Hall? The coaches there have said he has spoke to Tech about playing football and basketball.

Never heard of him.

Yea the coaches have not taken him to any combines, so its hard to find any info on him. Still, I have seen him make many ridiculous catches on film and speaking to their coaches they said he is sort of off the radar because he has not been to any camps or combines but said he had talked to Tech. I can't find too many articles on him either but he was preseason all-state this year.

On his call-in show, CPJ was asked about recruiting, and he said it was going to be a big class, 21-22 kids.

So far, I don't think any of our offers have gone out to guys that Rivals/Scout rank less than a three star (some are unranked). Does anybody have a feel for whether we're close on some big names, or does it seem like we're going to fill-out the class primarily by getting more offers out to lower-priority targets

We need a pair of large DE's in this class. So far, many of our targets have gone elsewhere.

Jeff Pagan - UF
Eric McClain - Clemson
Tuitt - Notre Dame
Mitchell - FSU

Last edited:
We need a pair of large DE's in this class. So far, many of our targets have gone elsewhere.

Jeff Pagan - UF
Eric McClain - Clemson
Tuitt - Notre Dame
Mitchell - FSU

I think DE is actually the least of our concerns this year. Both starting DE's will be back next year. We also have two RS Freshman and one true freshman on the roster. Add Darrius Caldwell as a OLB/DE commit, and I think we're set there for this year.

On another note, has anyone else looked at the roster and noticed 13 guys listed as AB?! We have ONE guy listed as center (and he keeps getting hurt).

Back