2022 Recruiting

That had to come together quickly. Suddes didn't get a bee out and looks like they hadn't made an official commitment graphic. Nor did the insiders have a story ready to go. I thought maybe pwo at first, but now, I don't think so. Welcome aboard, regardless.

Last 2 commits, though not highly rated, gave us a bump into the top 25

Remember we can sign up to 32 guys this year.

I'd like to see CGC use all of those extra 7 'ships on OLs and forget about position rankings, go and find size, length, quickness, and raw foot speed, forget about Portal OLs and see if we can have some success with diamonds in the rough out of HS.

We need OLs in the worst way to make this thing work, and IF we need to "Roster Mgmt & Process Guys", then I'm all for it, it isn't fair, nor is it safe to have players on scholarship that don't physically belong at the P5 Level, allow a Player to play at a Level he is comfortable at and still get a a Debt Free College education.

I'd like to see CGC use all of those extra 7 'ships on OLs and forget about position rankings, go and find size, length, quickness, and raw foot speed, forget about Portal OLs and see if we can have some success with diamonds in the rough out of HS.

We need OLs in the worst way to make this thing work, and IF we need to "Roster Mgmt & Process Guys", then I'm all for it, it isn't fair, nor is it safe to have players on scholarship that don't physically belong at the P5 Level, allow a Player to play at a Level he is comfortable at and still get a a Debt Free College education.
Does oversigning OL send the wrong message to the ones here? Think about it. They over sign and you think maybe you jump ship if you are a higher end croot? I’m not sure.

Does oversigning OL send the wrong message to the ones here? Think about it. They over sign and you think maybe you jump ship if you are a higher end croot? I’m not sure.
Not over signing, just tells the Guys that we are weak on the OLine, and we need to bring in more bodies in order to find the level of Play necessary to elevate the Program.

Maybe it sends a message that our OLs should maybe do less Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Wings and pitchers of beer in their free time, and more steamed veggies, and baked Chicken, baked fish in their free time.

#1 our so called high end OL Recruits haven't played like it.

#2 if they jump ship do we really wants OLs that are scared of competition, they knew coming in that "competition is King".

#3 maybe my suggestion is wrong but we have to fix the OL some way some how, and with an increase to 32 'ships that seemed like the obvious place to start, Portal OLs just aren't cutting because Good Programs don't let good OLs transfer out

true but 7 would have to have transferred out.
each out going transfer (up to 7) can be replaced
I don't recall how many we have had
We can easily find 7 non producers among our Returning Players and open up 'ships for 7 Guys that might develop into better players, we just need to help them along to find a better fit for their Talents.

This how the Game is Played at this level , these are the things we have to start doing, each year cull the non producers and bring in better Talent at every opportunity.

This us how deep Rosters are built that can withstand injuries and have Depth when needed later in the season.

Time for GT FB to put on their Big Boy pants.

We need OLs in the worst way to make this thing work, and IF we need to "Roster Mgmt & Process Guys", then I'm all for it, it isn't fair, nor is it safe need to have players on scholarship that don't physically belong at the P5 Level, allow a Player to play at a Level he is comfortable at and still get a a Debt Free College education.
I would prefer we use some scholarships for CB, DL and TE recruits in addition to OL.
We need to be selective on transfers. If they can fill an immediate need or balance our pipeline then that is great.

I can't see us signing 32 this year. There would have to be some reaches to get us to that number at this point. That wouldn't solve a problem.
Maybe you are right, I freely admit that, however keeping some of these Guys on the Roster at OL that haven't shown much improvement or upside, I mean you have to show one or the other by now.

Those worst case scenario is keeping around guys that are 4th yr Juniors and 3rd year Sophs only to realize that they'll never help you win Games, when that happens at multiple positions, then we are playing with 65-70 'ships instead of the full 85 'ships.

We have to break the bad habits of "doing what we've always done".

I'm not sure looking for raw talent we have to coach up on the OL is the answer. I suspect that has already been our strategy at that position and is why it's taking so long to see much from the group. Wonder if instead we can find some guys that maybe don't have the ideal measurables but have real good technique.

Not over signing, just tells the Guys that we are weak on the OLine, and we need to bring in more bodies in order to find the level of Play necessary to elevate the Program.

Maybe it sends a message that our OLs should maybe do less Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Wings and pitchers of beer in their free time, and more steamed veggies, and baked Chicken, baked fish in their free time.

#1 our so called high end OL Recruits haven't played like it.

#2 if they jump ship do we really wants OLs that are scared of competition, they knew coming in that "competition is King".

#3 maybe my suggestion is wrong but we have to fix the OL some way some how, and with an increase to 32 'ships that seemed like the obvious place to start, Portal OLs just aren't cutting because Good Programs don't let good OLs transfer out
I hope you are not a pilot, cuz you would overcorrect like Hell. Someone would die.

Our young OL are coming along fine. Getting a starter as a true freshman plus several freshmen contributors is all you can ask. Things that take time... they take time. You are as bad as the termites you war against on here.

Back