2023/24 Coaching Carousel

The Washington Commanders hire Dan Quinn. I’m happy about this because now when I watch a Dallas Cowboys game I don’t have to see the camera switch to a stupid looking Dan Quinn in the press box with his cap turned backwards. Washington loses so much that their games are rarely shown on Atlanta television stations so I won’t be seeing much of ole “I’m jacked up” Dan Quinn.

The ncaa has to get rid of the prohibition on schools directing nil money. Let that be a separate position, general manager, who works with the coaches to bring in and retain talent.

The Washington Commanders hire Dan Quinn. I’m happy about this because now when I watch a Dallas Cowboys game I don’t have to see the camera switch to a stupid looking Dan Quinn in the press box with his cap turned backwards. Washington loses so much that their games are rarely shown on Atlanta television stations so I won’t be seeing much of ole “I’m jacked up” Dan Quinn.
Gimme a defense with Micah Parsons, Travon Diggs, Demarcus Lawrence, Leighton Vander Esch, Stephon Gilmore, Daron Bland and Malik Hooker too.

8241f2a3-54bb-4d5e-9e7e-5f83f10139f2_text.gif

Chip Kelly resigning as HC at UCLA to be an OC……But not in the NFL. Instead to tOSU. Talk about an odd move.

From what I read, Kelly is Day's mentor and also a close friend so that makes a little more sense. I'm not familiar with Kelly's work at UCLA. Was that offense at Oregon his offense? Did he run that at UCLA? It was awesome at Oregon. Hate to admit but if Ohio State is like that, I might be interested in watching a game or 2.

From what I read, Kelly is Day's mentor and also a close friend so that makes a little more sense. I'm not familiar with Kelly's work at UCLA. Was that offense at Oregon his offense? Did he run that at UCLA? It was awesome at Oregon. Hate to admit but if Ohio State is like that, I might be interested in watching a game or 2.
He made the move like Kiffin did and went much more run-heavy. I'm interested to see what he can draw up for Will Howard, because that's a big ole kid that can run.

Kelly did not recruit well at UCLA. UCLA signed 10 from HS in the 2024 class.

The O was not the uptempo he displayed at Oregon and with the Eagles. He had success at UCLA, but couldn’t really get a real buy in from the school. Facilities aren’t great, etc. UCLA is in a financial mess from an athletics standpoint, which is why they desperately needed USC to bring them along with the B1G’s first expansion raiding the P12. Even after all that, there were reports UCLA was going to fire him in early November before they went on a run.

tOSU is obviously going “all in” next year. I don’t see how tOSU isn’t the odds on favorite to win the MNC. Kelly will be a very good OC for tOSU without a doubt.

Kelly did not recruit well at UCLA. UCLA signed 10 from HS in the 2024 class.

The O was not the uptempo he displayed at Oregon and with the Eagles. He had success at UCLA, but couldn’t really get a real buy in from the school. Facilities aren’t great, etc. UCLA is in a financial mess from an athletics standpoint, which is why they desperately needed USC to bring them along with the B1G’s first expansion raiding the P12. Even after all that, there were reports UCLA was going to fire him in early November before they went on a run.

tOSU is obviously going “all in” next year. I don’t see how tOSU isn’t the odds on favorite to win the MNC. Kelly will be a very good OC for tOSU without a doubt.
Losing BoB to get Kelly is a win in anyone's book

Kelly was a dead man walking at UCLA. The prospect of having to win 9+ games against a tougher schedule traveling across country while dealing with NIL / Transfer Portal. I'm sure he's getting paid well at Ohio St.

Back