2024 Transfer Portal

Why are we upset about players from the D entering the portal? Have we forgotten how consistently terrible they were throughout the season? Especially the LB’s.

Clean house, I say.
Between the portal and high school recruiting we signed 31 guys. That only leaves 54 spots for guys to stay over.

That sucks. He has potential to be a good player.
He’s only got a year left and it just never clicked for him. Poor football instincts rather than poor physical talent. He was never in the right spot.

One 6-4, 340 lb DL would solve a lot of our issues. We have no depth on the DL.

We have Biggers, Makius, Douse and Lockett all coming back which would make a 2-deep rotation inside, plus Landen Marshell. IMO where we're hurting is on the edges now that 2 players with a lot of snaps are portalling out. Sylvain will be back, and we probably plug Amontrae in immediately behind Kevin Smith. Who else is there?

We have Biggers, Makius, Douse and Lockett all coming back which would make a 2-deep rotation inside, plus Landen Marshell. IMO where we're hurting is on the edges now that 2 players with a lot of snaps are portalling out. Sylvain will be back, and we probably plug Amontrae in immediately behind Kevin Smith. Who else is there?
Sylvain (SR)
Eddie Kelly (JR)
Kevin Harris (SR)
Josh Robinson (SR)
Amontrae (FR)
Jack Barton (Furman Transfer)
Probably add 1-2 more from portal; especially younger guys to balance out the classes.

Douse to portal.

Well fark.

All these names the last couple days are on defense. I have to wonder if they're being told about staff changes.
Grass is normally greener over the septic tank. Ole Miss and South Carolina seem to be destination points for our portal players. Garbage schools. At least Ole Miss has a pretty decent stadium and tailgating area and a decent team. South Carolina is a dumpster, and yes, I have seen the tailgate cabooses. Columbia is a cesspool city and South Carolina is a turd floating in it.

Grad transfer but had initially announced he was staying. Bit of a wave of transfers on D. Maybe these guys wantef Scherer to keep the job.
GT has to do what is best for GT long term. I feel like that is what we are doing. Loyalty to a coach, when that coach would bench or cut your ass with his job on the line, is a pussy way to go out.

When will it get to the point that you can transfer in the middle of a game? I can see it now. SEC bagmen roaming the opponents sidelines. Texting offers to players that are giving them trouble. Dangling keys to 750 hp Jeeps. Nothing is off limits in the 'It just means more' conference.
Already talk of transferring in-season. Meaning you’ll be in school one place while playing for another until the next semester.

Do we have anyone on defense next season?
I trust there is a plan. Hopefully, Douse has a change of heart after the new coach is hired, but it isn't like we are having Joe Anoai or Michael Johnson or Darrell Richard transferring out. Hell, Darrell Richard would have been too damn smart to transfer out of GT.

Why are we upset about players from the D entering the portal? Have we forgotten how consistently terrible they were throughout the season? Especially the LB’s.

Clean house, I say.
Even if we are replacing rotten wood, which is slightly debatable, putting a screen door in its place for lack of materials isn't a solution.

DJ Durkin makes sense with the complete staff change at TAMU. But he has some baggage from his Maryland HC days. TAMU finished #33 based on D PPG average of 21.3. Good, but not great considering the talent TAMU had.

Back