2024 Transfer Portal

Already talk of transferring in-season. Meaning you’ll be in school one place while playing for another until the next semester.
Nothing stopping anyone from leaving a team in season. Conferences need to decide if they are gonna be treated like NFL trades or not. If we get to that point, where CFB players are playing for GT one week and UGAg the next, or some such crap, I will be out. Permanently.

A CB gets injured at Mississippi. They put in a call to a CB at GT. GT player transfers to Mississippi and plays the next week. Or, visa versa. I don't even want us doing something like that. I will absolutely cancel out of CFB.

I used to be a big NASCAR fan. Watched every week. Regularly go to both Atlanta and Talladega races. Last race I ever watched was Daytona when Dale Earnhardt got killed in the crash. Have not watched NASCAR since. I will do absolutely the same with CFB if in season transfers become a thing. Hell, I'm teetering now with the current transfer rules. Hoping things will settle a bit once the novelty wears off and 99% of the players realize they are better off staying put.

One way to absolutely death knell it with the transfer portal is if the SEC and BIG10 broke with the NCAA and just said "each team can have as many scholarship players as they want"

DJ Durkin makes sense with the complete staff change at TAMU. But he has some baggage from his Maryland HC days. TAMU finished #33 based on D PPG average of 21.3. Good, but not great considering the talent TAMU had.
Some of that was aTm's ööööty offense continually putting the defense on the field.

Even if we are replacing rotten wood, which is slightly debatable, putting a screen door in its place for lack of materials isn't a solution.

There is nowhere to go, but up. We were among the worst defenses in the country. Get rid of the deadwood, players and staff, and start over. We can follow the Louisville model and replace the whole defense and it would probably be an improvement.

There is nowhere to go, but up. We were among the worst defenses in the country. Get rid of the deadwood, players and staff, and start over. We can follow the Louisville model and replace the whole defense and it would probably be an improvement.
1703868460997.jpeg

One way to absolutely death knell it with the transfer portal is if the SEC and BIG10 broke with the NCAA and just said "each team can have as many scholarship players as they want"

Unless I'm missing something, with NIL there is effectively no scholarship limit now. "Congrats, you're a preferred walk on, here's 50k to use for tuition, room, and board in addition to your normal NIL amount."

Unless I'm missing something, with NIL there is effectively no scholarship limit now. "Congrats, you're a preferred walk on, here's 50k to use for tuition, room, and board in addition to your normal NIL amount."
Good point. The scholarship is nothing but an anchor now to the player and unnecessary red tape.

A scholarship is tax free money to pay for school unlike NIL money.

Doesn’t seem that way at this rate. Wow.

If it is Durkin maybe some TAMU D players are coming with him is my only hope. GT is already thin along the DL and that was before all the transfers before & after the bowl game.
Could.probably plug and play a few ST lurkers into the mix to fill the thinness out on the line. Space eaters if you will.

A scholarship is tax free money to pay for school unlike NIL money.
While true, all one would have to do is increase the size of the NIL money to cover the extra tax burden. Yes, it's more inefficient for the payer, but everything about NIL is already inefficient for the payer. :dunno:

Nothing stopping anyone from leaving a team in season. Conferences need to decide if they are gonna be treated like NFL trades or not. If we get to that point, where CFB players are playing for GT one week and UGAg the next, or some such crap, I will be out. Permanently.

A CB gets injured at Mississippi. They put in a call to a CB at GT. GT player transfers to Mississippi and plays the next week. Or, visa versa. I don't even want us doing something like that. I will absolutely cancel out of CFB.

I used to be a big NASCAR fan. Watched every week. Regularly go to both Atlanta and Talladega races. Last race I ever watched was Daytona when Dale Earnhardt got killed in the crash. Have not watched NASCAR since. I will do absolutely the same with CFB if in season transfers become a thing. Hell, I'm teetering now with the current transfer rules. Hoping things will settle a bit once the novelty wears off and 99% of the players realize they are better off staying put.

You were not a big NASCAR fan. You were a big Earnhardt fan.

If we were losing players on offense, I would be right there with you crying.

But I don't see why anyone would lose sleep over players who didn't know how to tackle or shed a block.
And that's not a result of coaching?

As it stands right now, we are losing the following to either graduation or the transfer portal:

1. 49% of total tackles
2. 62% of TFL
3. 64% of sacks
4. 62% of INT
5. 58% of pass breakups
6. 62% of QB hurries

As it stands right now, we are losing the following to either graduation or the transfer portal:

1. 49% of total tackles
2. 62% of TFL
3. 64% of sacks
4. 62% of INT
5. 58% of pass breakups
6. 62% of QB hurries
On a long enough timeline, you lose 100% of each of those from a particular year.

Back