2025 Recruiting

ESPN bottom line saying 27th nationally and highest ranked in program history

Seems NIL is a factor helping us land these big recruits, not surprising coming off the biggest fundraising year for our athletic fund. Here is what Petty said about NIL in the AJC article :

“NIL was a factor for sure. I feel like around this time, if you’re an athlete, you should be entitled to your money and you should get that and get what you can out of that,” Petty said. “I’ve worked with my agency, Cali Power and Power Athletics, they’ve done a huge part in that. They’ve been fighting for me and making sure I do right and they do right by me.

“Tech’s been very easy, Tech’s been very cooperative and efficient with working on that. It’s been very easy. It played a factor for it and I needed that number to be fair. Tech went beyond and above and really have taken care of me.”

Seems NIL is a factor helping us land these big recruits, not surprising coming off the biggest fundraising year for our athletic fund. Here is what Petty said about NIL in the AJC article :

“NIL was a factor for sure. I feel like around this time, if you’re an athlete, you should be entitled to your money and you should get that and get what you can out of that,” Petty said. “I’ve worked with my agency, Cali Power and Power Athletics, they’ve done a huge part in that. They’ve been fighting for me and making sure I do right and they do right by me.

“Tech’s been very easy, Tech’s been very cooperative and efficient with working on that. It’s been very easy. It played a factor for it and I needed that number to be fair. Tech went beyond and above and really have taken care of me.”
I just don’t like this. I still haven’t come around. I don’t know that I ever will. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he committed to us.

IMG_2167.gif

I just don’t like this. I still haven’t come around. I don’t know that I ever will. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he committed to us.

IMG_2167.gif
For me I just consider it a club membership and I don’t force it to be to only football. I enjoy all GT athletics and hope The Tech Way takes care of everyone when they do cool things. I don’t have much in terms of an entertainment budget. I don’t do TOO much to NIL but I am with you especially following the employee ruling and pot for those direct payments.

IMG_2167.gif
IIWII at this point. Feelings about it are secondary to the feelings of joy for having a program trending up and winning ball games, You can contribute to that with a monthly contribution to the Tech Way.

Either you “buy-in” to NIL or you might as well forget about the future of the football and hoops programs. That’s what schools have had no other choice but to accept. J-Batt, CBK both understand what running a big time program is about working with Saban. CBK said time after time recently that Cabrera and J-Batt are “all-in” to do whatever they can to make Tech successful and it seems accurate.

Back