2025 Recruiting

Either you “buy-in” to NIL or you might as well forget about the future of the football and hoops programs. That’s what schools have had no other choice but to accept. J-Batt, CBK both understand what running a big time program is about working with Saban. CBK said time after time recently that Cabrera and J-Batt are “all-in” to do whatever they can to make Tech successful and it seems accurate.
"buy-in" doesn't mean you have to like it or think it's justified. "no other choice" is correct though.

now we have 5 of the top 50 recruits in Georgia.
and a good chance to add another one
great to see "taking care of the backyard" becoming a reality instead of a slogan.

"buy-in" doesn't mean you have to like it or think it's justified. "no other choice" is correct though.
I understand the old school mindset which is very fair (everyone is entitled to have) but without the SA’s the schools/conferences/coaches, etc wouldn’t be making the $$$ they are. So getting a piece of the pie is justified in the minds of many including the Supreme Court.

You can’t fault the SA’s for the $$$ companies are willing to pay them under NIL.

I just copy and pasted a Twitter link, I generally have zero recruiting insight outside of my cousin who is a FSU insider. And for what it’s worth, he is nervous AF about the GT game.
If he knows CFB, he should be.

Edit: removed to not derail the recruiting thread into an FSU-GT convo

He called me yesterday to tell me how awful their offense has been at practice this last week
I've heard the same, but the problem is their strength is the run game and it's easier to rely on that when the offense isn't clicking. We were terrible against the run too last year, so let's hope Santucci and our new additions to the defense get that buttoned up. I still like our chances, but if they had a weak OL and no experience returning at RB, I'd be salivating.

now we have 5 of the top 50 recruits in Georgia.
and a good chance to add another one
great to see "taking care of the backyard" becoming a reality instead of a slogan.
That is huge because while our guy is the number 2 OT in the country he is only the number 4 player IN THE STATE.

Get a few a year, be smart, and we will be competitive. UG(sic)A cannot get all of them and more importantly they do not have enough playing time for all of them if they could.

Interesting consequence of NIL is that we can target specific recruits with a lot of money and get some top talent. Pre-NIL it was indirect where money was through facilities and NFL opportunities and stuff, so you had to outspend at a program level to attract top players, therefore we couldn't easily land any of them.

I don't know if that is the case with Petty but seems possible.

Interesting consequence of NIL is that we can target specific recruits with a lot of money and get some top talent. Pre-NIL it was indirect where money was through facilities and NFL opportunities and stuff, so you had to outspend at a program level to attract top players, therefore we couldn't easily land any of them.

I don't know if that is the case with Petty but seems possible.
Exactly , I imagine serious NIL money is going to a few elite athletes. landing a few each year probably will raise the overall quality of recruits top to bottom as it will convince players that are a notch below to stay home and go to tech instead of leaving for out of state SEC schools. As you said, seems like a bargain compared to paying for facilities. We should think of NIL like an endorsement for the school.

I understand the old school mindset which is very fair (everyone is entitled to have) but without the SA’s the schools/conferences/coaches, etc wouldn’t be making the $$$ they are. So getting a piece of the pie is justified in the minds of many including the Supreme Court.

You can’t fault the SA’s for the $$$ companies are willing to pay them under NIL.
Without the schools, stadiums, coaches, scholarships, meals, medical care, tutoring, housing, fans, etc etc, the players have no platform to perform. Old school system=flawed. New school system=flawed beyond repair, imo. Kinda like old Coca-Cola in bottle vs New Coke in can. A lot of people haven't truly experienced both, so can't compare as well as those that do.
I respect the SC, but don't always agree with their rulings, anymore than I do with espn.

Back