2025 Recruiting

The coaches have to have a way to signal the collectives who to spend money on and which players are not the ones to spend the money on. Also I wonder how does a 17 year old kid negotiate? Obviously he would have some kind of agent or representative to tell the school what he needs and what any other school has offered.
He has an "advisor"

Wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA offered some kind of class for "prospective players" and their family about NIL and how to approach that and to negotiate it

Haven't heard the term Roster Value before, interesting concept. What happens when these elite recruits get together on campus, compare Roster Values, and decide their RV is too low when compared to their Roster Buddy in the line or backfield beside them?

Haven't heard the term Roster Value before, interesting concept. What happens when these elite recruits get together on campus, compare Roster Values, and decide their RV is too low when compared to their Roster Buddy in the line or backfield beside them?
TP if, if,if somebody will match NIL to players egos.

SEC schools do not like that other schools can now pay players like they have been doing illegally for years.
Wait until they get a load of SMU money or if some Cal or Stanford billionaires decide they want to run a college team.

Tennessee has essentially Haslam, a gas station owner, as their big donor.

Yep. I see this new system as an awesome opportunity for many schools and individual rich guys to get back at those who were protected by the NCAA for the past 50 years. I think these large state schools in the rural areas are about to have a big time reality check over the next 10 years as more and more money schools put their NIL programs together. When everything is equal would you rather live in Oxford, MS or Miami, Fl, or ATL, or Dallas, or Ft, Worth or LA or Vegas, etc. It’s a major reason Saban retired. He knew the battle was no longer between a few bag man systems but between real businessmen with big money.

Yep. I see this new system as an awesome opportunity for many schools and individual rich guys to get back at those who were protected by the NCAA for the past 50 years. I think these large state schools in the rural areas are about to have a big time reality check over the next 10 years as more and more money schools put their NIL programs together. When everything is equal would you rather live in Oxford, MS or Miami, Fl, or ATL, or Dallas, or Ft, Worth or LA or Vegas, etc. It’s a major reason Saban retired. He knew the battle was no longer between a few bag man systems but between real businessmen with big money.
Correct, but it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do for the game. It was actually better in a relative sense in the old bagman days. Think Prohibition vs Legalization of dranking. Size matters. NIL $$$ >>> Bagmen $.

Correct, but it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do for the game. It was actually better in a relative sense in the old bagman days. Think Prohibition vs Legalization of dranking. Size matters. NIL $$$ >>> Bagmen $.

"The right thing to do for the game" for most fans is "whatever it takes for us to win more".

I agree. On Saban I can’t help but think he hated that the players held more control tha he did. I think the freedoms of the Portal had a lot to do with it.

but we almost never got into the big football speakeasies, mostly we had to settle for screwtop wine in the gutter

SEC schools do not like that other schools can now pay players like they have been doing illegally for years.
There's a certain irony in all this. The factory schools have always had an advantage over us. But NiL has given Tech a chance to fight back with something we have a LOT of - money.

I'll admit that at first, I thought NiL was going to be the death of us. Boy, was I wrong.

Back