A. Autry, Henry, Commommissiong kicked off team

or maybe drugs make you smarter?

Drugs%20make%20you%20smarter%20small.jpg

maybe they were all doing adderall

Soccer makes you fart more. And smell farts more. :rotfl:

However, it just seems like we used to do that and WIN with the "good guys" in a way we don't now.

please list the seasons you have in mind where we did this. i think there have been maybe 4 or 5 since 1985. the rest are about similar.

i am pretty sure that we have had this very discussion before

they probably aren't bad kids. But as PJ learned, there is one team rule. Do right. They didn't. And they may have had ample opportunity to not screw up in a major way. PJ will toe a hard line but if a kid is contrite PJ will try to give him another chance. But if he screws up again, game over.

I was excited about Autry after the flashes he had shown two years ago. I was excited about Henry because he seemed like a diamond in the rough the coaches had uncovered. I was excited about Commissiong because he could at least fog a mirror at DT. But truth is, none of them had accomplished much in their time and much was expected of their future. That future will now belong to some other player.

they probably aren't bad kids. But as PJ learned, there is one team rule. Do right. They didn't. And they may have had ample opportunity to not screw up in a major way. PJ will toe a hard line but if a kid is contrite PJ will try to give him another chance. But if he screws up again, game over.

I was excited about Autry after the flashes he had shown two years ago. I was excited about Henry because he seemed like a diamond in the rough the coaches had uncovered. I was excited about Commissiong because he could at least fog a mirror at DT. But truth is, none of them had accomplished much in their time and much was expected of their future. That future will now belong to some other player.

This.

I ööööing hate how we haven't played a snap of the '14 season and "fans" are already lamenting our awful season. This place is so predictable.

i agree with this, but we lost 3 players from DL from that future...a position that takes time to mature, develop and create depth at a school like GT. We lost 2 years in Darius and the other 2013 guys....this is VERY hard to absorb at a school like tech.

yes someone else will have to step up...but this will really impact us next year and the year after....the other guys we can absorb no problem....

no one guy brings down a program...yes we get that and that is why we have to stick to the rules. But it doesn't mean it won't impact us short term.

what is more BS is these kids were given 2 chances...and decided they were bigger than the rules. Actually....good riddance.

what is more BS is these kids were given 2 chances...and decided they were bigger than the rules. Actually....good riddance.

This pretty much. Cut the cancer out before it spreads. These guys need to grow up.

Smoking a little dope doesn't make you a bad guy. But breaking team rules makes you a dope.

Almost everyone I knew at Tech smoked dope when I was there (1969 - 1973). Most were really good guys. I never smoked because it was against the law and I didn't want a record.

It is a good thing that there are consequences for our decisions. I was willing to accept the consequences of not smoking rather than the consequences of smoking.

As far as CPJ and our record this year? My thoughts are that CPJ did nothing more than was expected of him. Like Lou Holtz said one time, "I didn't kick them off the team, they kicked themselves off the team when they broke the rules." If it means we don't have as good a record than if they were with us...so be it. But I will still hold CPJ accountable for the record because he is the HC.

Rodney Williams used to smoke like a chimney.

I wouldn't mind if we had an unofficial policy of not testing in the off season.

Ouch. I hope everyone else gets the message. Cyp's list is already painful enough to read. I may have to resort to schadenfreude if we lose any more.

I wouldn't mind if we had an unofficial policy of not testing in the off season.

I used to hang out with him in the sauna at SAC. At least he was smart enough to pass his test(s).

And I agree as far as off season testing but aren't they basically prepping for camp right now? They should be able to pass now.

KSU has players but no team. Tech has a team but no players. Maybe we can work something out.

so did Marvious hester and keron koon. Google where they are now.

The bottom line is this. Its a freaking rule follow it.

Everytime someone doesn't support the rule they enable the behavior.

CPJ and Roof said enough is enough gone. They will not enable and I applaud. Whether the rule is dumb or not is not the topic. The topic is you broke it....and until its changed follow it.

This is like societal behavior 101; follow rules.

God. My dad hated Hester. I can hear him now, "Marvelous Hester, ain't covered anybody in four years, but we can't recruit anyone to take his spot..."

Back