A Crucial Three Weeks

The other half of this is I got so disgusted with the flaming liberals on Twitter that I closed my account but found I needed some (non-political) place I could mix it up with people of a different opinion on sports. Several of my GT buddies told me about this site. I promised the owner / moderator I would be nice so he let me join.
Hahahaha I’m with you on the Twitter thing! Thanks for not being a jerk. Tell your boys to take it easy on us this year.

Hahahaha I’m with you on the Twitter thing! Thanks for not being a jerk. Tell your boys to take it easy on us this year.

Ha…..yeah I’m not a jerk but this is y’all’s board so I certainly understand if folks assume I am and that’s ok. Hey, on any given Saturday. If UGA lost a game between now and the GT game you never know the thinking of an 18 to 22 year old. But, in 53 years of watching UGA there has never been a better defense at UGA. I do want GT to get better, I want the game between UGA and GT to be an epic battle, worthy of National attention. It makes the banter between our fan bases more fun.

Outsider looking in: When did the wheels come off the football program? What I mean by that is as a UGA fan, I used to dread playing GT. In a bad year GT would be 6-5 or 7-4 and most years they gave UGA a fight to the end and won a fair share of those games. To me it feels like the CPJ years started the downward trend because of the effect his offense had on recruiting. I’m not saying GT didn’t win games but recruiting became for a special type player for a system only a few teams were running. GT is still coming out of that (possibly). CGC may not ultimately be the guy but he is serving to change the type players GT recruits which is a positive. It was going to take a few years to turn this ship in the right direction no matter who the new guy was. I know you guys will give me ööööe for this and I may be all wrong but that’s what it looks like to an outsider.

öööö OFF. PJ whipped St. Richt's ass a few times as well as that dipshit Kirby.

Seriously - get the öööö out of here, dwag fan. And kick that ööööing bulldwag for me when you get a chance, dipshit.

Duke, 2018.
i don’t see it. Yes we took 7-minutes to score and pull within 2 scores to start the 4th quarter but I don’t see it as a purposeful attempt to simply make the game respectable. We got the ball back and we’re driving to score again and turns it over on downs. CPJ was extremely rarely punting for field position down big. We would pretty much always go for it.

i don’t see it. Yes we took 7-minutes to score and pull within 2 scores to start the 4th quarter but I don’t see it as a purposeful attempt to simply make the game respectable. We got the ball back and we’re driving to score again and turns it over on downs. CPJ was extremely rarely punting for field position down big. We would pretty much always go for it.

We were down 3 TDs in the 4th qtr and Death Marched. That's not at-all trying to win the game.

We were down 3 TDs in the 4th qtr and Death Marched. That's not at-all trying to win the game.
We ran a 7:00 scoring drive. I don’t see how that’s not trying to win. The next drive we started trying to go fast and the results weren’t so great. You’re wrong.

You really believe a win when taking a knife to a gun fight, were close games that could have gone either way? Damn, I'm glad you weren't grading my papers at Tech.
TF are you talking about?

öööö OFF. PJ whipped St. Richt's ass a few times as well as that dipshit Kirby.

Seriously - get the öööö out of here, dwag fan. And kick that ööööing bulldwag for me when you get a chance, dipshit.
Whipped Right? We squeaked a few by. He owned us at BDS, embarrassingly so. We were favored in 2009 and embarrassed

Whipped Right? We squeaked a few by. He owned us at BDS, embarrassingly so. We were favored in 2009 and embarrassed

-That 2008 pack of mutts was pretty solid and we smoked 'em in Athens.
-the 2009 debacle - PJ's worst loss IMO - was a disaster and undermined the 2009 season as well. No argument.
-2014 - assuming you watched it, you know we blew them of both sides of the ball. Refs kept it close or we win by 3 TDs.
-2016 - PJ genuinely outschemed and outcoached someone by deciding to throw long passes to (?) Brad Stewart, which got us back in the game.

this stupid dwag fan can go to hell regardless.

Last edited:
-That 2008 pack of mutts was pretty solid and we smoked 'em in Athens.
-the 2009 debacle - PJ's worst loss IMO - was a disaster and undermined the 2009 season as well. No argument.
-2014 - assuming you watched it, you know we blew them of both sides of the ball. Refs kept it close or we win by 3 TDs.
-2016 - PJ genuinely outschemed and outcoached someone by deciding to throw long passes to (?) Brad Edwards, which got us back in the game.

this stupid dwag fan can go to hell regardless.
2008 a fumble on a kickoff helped. If Samuel doesn't fumble, we lose
We still almost lost 2014
Brad Edwards? Are you a GT fan or a troll?

2008 a fumble on a kickoff helped. If Samuel doesn't fumble, we lose
We still almost lost 2014
Brad Edwards? Are you a GT fan or a troll?
If UGA doesn't convert a 4th down in 2013 we win. I was there and am still sick about this one
We were one score away from winning in 2015

If things broke a little differently, we could've won 4 in a row. But they came up evenly and we won 2.

I don’t know what point you’re trying to make but it’s ööööty.
Point is, there was a bit of luck in the 2008 win. UGA was rolling at halftime. Samuel screwed up. We got a break in that game we don't normally get. The PI UGAg got with fat Stafford to help them score was a break their way, we were up 20-0 at the time. They bogus flag in the Bobo game at BDS in 97. The refs pulling players from a pile allowing a gagger player to pick the ball up and return for a TD when the play should have been blown dead once the refs started interfering in the play.
The breaks typically have gone the gagger way.

If UGA doesn't convert a 4th down in 2013 we win. I was there and am still sick about this one
We were one score away from winning in 2015

If things broke a little differently, we could've won 4 in a row. But they came up evenly and we won 2.
A few of the Reggie Ball games could have gone our way. Needed things to break our way and they didn't.

TF are you talking about?
TF I'm talking bout, is your bizarre grading BS when talking about Samuel's fumble and other close games with them in Athens. Jeez, you act like a little Christian school team beating Valdosta 20-17 is a "close game". Wow!

TF I'm talking bout, is your bizarre grading BS when talking about Samuel's fumble and other close games with them in Athens. Jeez, you act like a little Christian school team beating Valdosta 20-17 is a "close game". Wow!
Again, what the hell are you talking about? A Christian school and Valdosta? Damn Sunday drunk again?

Point is, there was a bit of luck in the 2008 win. UGA was rolling at halftime. Samuel screwed up. We got a break in that game we don't normally get. The PI UGAg got with fat Stafford to help them score was a break their way, we were up 20-0 at the time. They bogus flag in the Bobo game at BDS in 97. The refs pulling players from a pile allowing a gagger player to pick the ball up and return for a TD when the play should have been blown dead once the refs started interfering in the play.
The breaks typically have gone the gagger way.
ööööty point confirmed.

Back