A Crucial Three Weeks

öööö OFF. PJ whipped St. Richt's ass a few times as well as that dipshit Kirby.

Seriously - get the öööö out of here, dwag fan. And kick that ööööing bulldwag for me when you get a chance, dipshit.

I’ve not been disrespectful or talked trash about anyone posting or GT, actually quite the opposite and I’m not going to start. I’ve been very clear while I’m a UGA fan I want GT to have success just not on our gameday. I’ll talk football with you but not going to call you a dipshit, I mean if I knew you I may think that way but I don’t know you and you don’t know me. Have a good evening.

i don’t see it. Yes we took 7-minutes to score and pull within 2 scores to start the 4th quarter but I don’t see it as a purposeful attempt to simply make the game respectable. We got the ball back and we’re driving to score again and turns it over on downs. CPJ was extremely rarely punting for field position down big. We would pretty much always go for it.
Dude if we are down 3 scores in the 2nd half and if you can't guarantee turnovers, then you run some sort of tempo or up tempo to attempt to win the Game.

When you are down 3 scores it is unlikely that you are getting 3 & outs, and when you are at the end of the 3rd Qtr - beginning of the 4th Qtr , that situation calls for up tempo with 100% of P5 HCs, except CPJ, that's because he had Jedi mind-tricked Fans like you into believing he was some sort of CFB Genius, when the truth is he used way more "strange coaching decisions" than CGC or CDP have ever employed.

But since you felt so good about GT being different just for the sake of being different, you overlooked all his poor coaching strategies.

Dude if we are down 3 scores in the 2nd half and if you can't guarantee turnovers, then you run some sort of tempo or up tempo to attempt to win the Game.

When you are down 3 scores it is unlikely that you are getting 3 & outs, and when you are at the end of the 3rd Qtr - beginning of the 4th Qtr , that situation calls for up tempo with 100% of P5 HCs, except CPJ, that's because he had Jedi mind-tricked Fans like you into believing he was some sort of CFB Genius, when the truth is he used way more "strange coaching decisions" than CGC or CDP have ever employed.

But since you felt so good about GT being different just for the sake of being different, you overlooked all his poor coaching strategies.
How did you feel about the 7:00 drive against Clemson we had this year that led to a FG?

In addition wE were down 3 scores because we had just fumbled 3 straight times 2 of which were inside our own 20. Prior to that the game was 7-7. Shut up.

How did you feel about the 7:00 drive against Clemson we had this year that led to a FG?

In addition wE were down 3 scores because we had just fumbled 3 straight times 2 of which were inside our own 20. Prior to that the game was 7-7. Shut up.
I'm certain that if we could have done it in a minute, we would have. At least we weren't running dive plays over and over

I hated it, and if you check the game day chat feature from the Clemson Gm I was asking for more tempo and less dink & dunk from Yates.

I might have said STTE, that I now know that Yates isn't on Sims' Level because the Coach's Playcalls was protecting Yates lower ceiling from blowing the Game, this was happening when everyone else was Telling me I was crazy and that maybe Yates could develop into another JoeHam, one guy even said that Yates had a chance to develop into another Russ Wilson.

When we were down vs Clemson, I was asking for tempo because our Defense can't get 3 & outs, so I always want us to go Tempo when we're down

I hated it, and if you check the game day chat feature from the Clemson Gm I was asking for more tempo and less dink & dunk from Yates.

I might have said STTE, that I now know that Yates isn't on Sims' Level because the Coach's Playcalls was protecting Yates lower ceiling from blowing the Game, this was happening when everyone else was Telling me I was crazy and that maybe Yates could develop into another JoeHam, one guy even said that Yates had a chance to develop into another Russ Wilson.

When we were down vs Clemson, I was asking for tempo because our Defense can't get 3 & outs, so I always want us to go Tempo when we're down
Did you think we were playing to make the score more respectable and not trying to win? Because that’s the argument.

We weren't down 3 TDs in the 4th qtr before that drive.

PJ wasn't trying to beat Duke in 2018. Only trying to make the score look not-so-bad. Fail.

Yes I am ok with a drive that ends with a TD putting us down 2 scores with 8:00 left in the game. I think we were trying to put ourselves in a position to win with that drive. Would it have been better if it didn’t take as long? Maybe a 5:00 drive? Yes. Did it help our chances of winning? Undoubtedly. Your argument is dumb and inconsistent solely because you didn’t like the way we moved down the field.

Did you think we were playing to make the score more respectable and not trying to win? Because that’s the argument.
Yes

I believed that we were playing to make the score respectable, just like with Clemson & UGA at the end we were no longer playing to win, instead we were playing to lose in a more respectable fashion, to appease his fanboyz, guys like you

Yes

I believed that we were playing to make the score respectable, just like with Clemson & UGA at the end we were no longer playing to win, instead we were playing to lose in a more respectable fashion, to appease his fanboyz, guys like you
I was talking about the Clemson drive you were mad about. Did you think Collins was playing to make the score respectable? Or was he using his players in an effective way to generate a scoring drive and give us a chance.

Exactly how I see it. Of we can somehow block that damn DT who decided to forego NFL top 10 pick money to return to UGAg to "finish the drill" then we have a chance. UGAs DL is scary good.

On a related note, IMO, Kirby should have basically forced that DT to go pro after last season. A player costs himself millions of dollars and risks injury to make millions of dollars for coach Great Clips? IMO, Kirbs likely selfishly encouraged the DY to stay to win a championship. That DT could be earning a huge paycheck right now after a huge signing bonus. Stupidity at its best. Even if he doesn't get injured and is drafted this season, he has still left millions on the table by not going pro a season sooner.

If I were a head coach and had a bona fide top 10 pick on the team, my advice would be to go now. It would have been great to have Calvin Johnson for another season, but how does that help him? 1st rounders, especially top 10 picks, are idiots if they choose to stay in school.

I can promise that Kirby Smart didn’t have a thing to do with Jordan Davis returning for his Senior year. All of these top guys through playing at a P5 school get all sorts of advice from draft experts on where they think they will go in the draft. Jordan should go even higher in this years draft more than making up for the $$$ he missed on this year. Right now they are talking him up as a Heisman candidate. He wasn’t in that discussion last year.

I’ve been trying to figure out what Dwag stands for , I’m sure something pleasant? Little help?
1635131911740.gif

Outsider looking in: When did the wheels come off the football program? What I mean by that is as a UGA fan, I used to dread playing GT. In a bad year GT would be 6-5 or 7-4 and most years they gave UGA a fight to the end and won a fair share of those games. To me it feels like the CPJ years started the downward trend because of the effect his offense had on recruiting. I’m not saying GT didn’t win games but recruiting became for a special type player for a system only a few teams were running. GT is still coming out of that (possibly). CGC may not ultimately be the guy but he is serving to change the type players GT recruits which is a positive. It was going to take a few years to turn this ship in the right direction no matter who the new guy was. I know you guys will give me ööööe for this and I may be all wrong but that’s what it looks like to an outsider.
Fair questions and analysis. The question of when the wheels began to come off is easy to answer in my opinion. 2015. We went from an 11-3 season, 6-2 in the conference, and #8 ranking to 3-9, 1-7. This was with Justin Thomas a returning QB - his completion percentage plummeted to 41,7% with yardage and TD’s down and interceptions up. We simply played uninspired. CPJ bristled at the media and fan base criticisms. His enjoyment in coaching seemed to wane. We saw the 18 year non-losing regular season and bowl streak end, the second longest streak in the country. Our confidence ebbed.

The team played better in ‘16, then had another losing season and no bowl in ‘17. They were barely above .500 in his last season. We were 24-25 his last four seasons. Two decades of being a consistent, winning, bowl bound program under O’Leary, Gailey and early CPJ came to an end. This is when the wheels began to come off. I think diminished confidence and lagging enthusiasm was more the real reason for the program decline than recruiting problems and running the spread option.

Collins tries hard to turn around perceptions. Recruiting is better. But, the on the field results are not there so far, and we are in year three. O’Leary, Gailey and Johnson were good football coaches. The jury is out on Collins. I wish him well. But, the start of decline preceded his arrival. That begin in CPJ’s last four years.

And we lost by 8. Our former coach would have run 3:40 seconds off the clock on a death March trying to cut it to 14 at the end of the game.
The current coach ran 6:53 off the clock on a Death March to cut it to 8 at the end of the game.

AE5B1381-2641-4DA1-BBA5-26923389A80E.jpeg

Last edited:
Fair questions and analysis. The question of when the wheels began to come off is easy to answer in my opinion. 2015. We went from an 11-3 season, 6-2 in the conference, and #8 ranking to 3-9, 1-7. This was with Justin Thomas a returning QB - his completion percentage plummeted to 41,7% with yardage and TD’s down and interceptions up. We simply played uninspired. CPJ bristled at the media and fan base criticisms. His enjoyment in coaching seemed to wane. We saw the 18 year non-losing regular season and bowl streak end, the second longest streak in the country. Our confidence ebbed.

The team played better in ‘16, then had another losing season and no bowl in ‘17. They were barely above .500 in his last season. We were 24-25 his last four seasons. Two decades of being a consistent, winning, bowl bound program under O’Leary, Gailey and early CPJ came to an end. This is when the wheels began to come off. I think diminished confidence and lagging enthusiasm was more the real reason for the program decline than recruiting problems and running the spread option.

Collins tries hard to turn around perceptions. Recruiting is better. But, the on the field results are not there so far, and we are in year three. O’Leary, Gailey and Johnson were good football coaches. The jury is out on Collins. I wish him well. But, the start of decline preceded his arrival. That begin in CPJ’s last four years.

Thanks this is good stuff from someone who has great knowledge and history. Some of the details you mention I didn’t realize. I knew I dreaded playing GT, 18 years of not having a losing season. The rivalry was fierce and both teams got after it and if UGA got beat I didn’t get back to a being normal human being until about Wednesday. GT has an incredible history I really hope they can find a way to return to consistently winning, except one game of course . I’ll tell you when I knew that GT had hit a rough spot it was CGC first year and GT was in Athens to play (I think I have my facts straight) I was at the game sitting on the 45 yd. line. GT was on offense and came to the line and I was able to see the size difference right down the line. It wasn’t a fair fight. I looked at my friend who is a GT guy and said who let GT get in this bad of shape, he just shook his head. I was shocked. I don’t know if your current coach is any good but, from my view it looked like he was given a bag of öööö on fire. All you guys know better than me but that’s what it felt like.

Agree 100% that this stretch will be crucial. I’m an optimistic guy and I still think we have a shot for a respectable season, BUT…

If we finish out the season playing like we have the past few games and end up 3-9 or 4-8, Collins is officially on the hot seat for next season, as far as I’m concerned. Lack of talent is not an excuse when we’re losing to MAC teams and getting blown out by middling ACC teams with equal or lesser talent. He needs to prove that the UNC game was not an anomaly, because THAT was the GT team he’s been selling us.

The current coach ran 6:53 off the clock on a Death March to cut it to 8 at the end of the game.

AE5B1381-2641-4DA1-BBA5-26923389A80E.jpeg
We had a less dynamic QB in the game. The QB we play now is more of a threat running and passing

Back