Academics

I distinctly recall seeing Rhodes beaten fairly dramatically several times last year (thrown around like a rag doll comes to mind). I hope he's worked hard on strength and technique in the offseason.

I distinctly recall seeing Rhodes beaten fairly dramatically several times last year (thrown around like a rag doll comes to mind). I hope he's worked hard on strength and technique in the offseason.

Actually he decided not to work at all this offseason.:rolleyes:

You are truly the master of unjustified condescension.

This was discussed in great detail last year, and all of BoR's specific complaints about Rhodes turned out to be hallucinations.

You must be referring to a different Rhodes. I am referring to number 61, OG for GT. Got his butt whipped frequently, especiallly early last year. I don't care what you discussed. I know what I saw. I am obviously not the only one.

Your comment is enlightening with regard to the modern mindset. In your view, truth is relative. Truth is what a group of people,who deem themselves to be empowered, decide that it is. So your little group has discussed this matter and decided that Rhodes did a good job and that therefore this is the truth.

I'll rely on my eyes, thank you very much. You can keep your relative truth to your little circle of blind leading the blind.

I return you to your discussions with the other unknowledgables on this board. There is a certain group, of which you are a member, (but I give you credit--you are better than most of them) that hurl unjustifed insults at any who dare to disagree with what they have, through discussions, decided is true. Talk about unjustified condescension! This group differs little from Buzzoff, whom they love to criticize for being closed minded. Pot and kettle.

Condescending? Yes, your little clique has driven me to tit for tat. At least I admit it.

Unjustified? that would be your little group that tosses out personal attacks with no facts or logic behind their insults.

Last edited:
Nice revisionist history mm42. Not totally the case. I had claimed that Rhodes got thrown around 3 different plays and then had two stupid penalties which caused him to get benched. In fact he got beaten bad once, then on the next play had a stupid penalty, got replaced, and his back-up had a penalty. For the game though, 61 got two penalties. I also watched him get tossed around a few times in the quarter prior to that.

You better be a little more specific when saying I hallucinated the whole thing. I may have exaggerated it, but I watched throughout the season last year 61 get tossed around by defenses. I can recall his retaliation caused him to get a couple of stupid holding penatlies. The 10 yard versions.

Here's the part I don't get guys. Why is it everytime someone talks about our OL to the guys who are there, coaches, players, etc., Rhodes is always mentioned as a mainstay? I guess they're all either drinking the kool-aid, or we know more than them? Plus BOR on one of our board conversations last year we had people who watched the game on TV, who also had the ability to rewatch, refuting what you remembered seeing live. Remember that part?

Like I said, I don't know who our best 5 OL are. But you don't either.

Well, its my opinion that he isn't one of the 5. And Gailey has already showed a tendency to play experience over a better player. That is all.

Condescending? Yes, your little clique has driven me to tit for tat. At least I admit it.

The only clique I am a member of is Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets fans. You choose to classify everyone with an even slightly differing opinion to your own as an unknowledgeable "ball-watching" idiot. That's what I mean by unjustified condescension - I won't stoop to your level with further elaboration.

Unjustified? that would be your little group that tosses out personal attacks with no facts or logic behind their insults.

You are the personal attacker in this thread. A little self-evaluation might go a long way for you.

Regarding facts, I painstakingly reviewed the film on Rhodes last year in the particular game BoR complained about and showed that he was totally wrong. I quoted exact plays, actions, situations, the clock, etc. for anyone to scrutinize. I don't intend to rehash it, but you can look it up if you are actually interested in more than blasting people for no good reason.

I haven't seen a single fact from you in this thread, just rampant opinions and slander.

its so easy to make comments that cannot be tested in reality. (all the irrelevant TB v RB comments)

the fact is that Taylor was not the better choice to play for a variety of reasons. you're simple-minded analysis betrays what you should have learned at GT.

and, btw, why dont you just let the boys play and if, as you say, Gailey pulled him out of games when he didnt perform, then what is the problem?

if it happens a lot, then i am sure the coaches are more interested in winning than keeping someone in there.

it is a little different with a QB than with any other player, especially when you are leading all of those games you lost in the 4th quarter?

maybe play RB until 2 minutes into the 4th and then put the "better" TB in there? your argument is completely illogical.

a much more similar scenario would be to start Dwyer over Choice, despite the fact that Choice is one of the main leaders of the team. im not saying that Dwyer is ready to be that guy, but watch out, he will be by game 5!

Choice has worked his butt off, and deserves the respect of having put in the time to be on the field even when others can provide similar production.

anyway, to me it doesnt make sense for you to call out a guy like that. if you were such a knowledgeable football person, then why isnt it your profession? those who do make it there profession disagree with you. and your 'comparison' to the alluded situation is ridiculous in its feablenes

So I'm completely wrong? He didn't get pushed around or have two penatlies in the ND game?

the fact is that Taylor was not the better choice to play for a variety of reasons. you're simple-minded analysis betrays what you should have learned at GT.

What? Please give me a f**king break. It was obvious to everyone that in the very least Ball should have been yanked in the UGA game, and probably shouldn't even have started in the Wake game. Even the players were pissed off about it.

You say Taylor was not the better choice for a variety of reasons but you don't even bother listing any of them. for every reason you can name, I'll name a reason why he should have started.

Maybe my "simple minded analysis" is so simple because its called COMMON SENSE. Everyone who has an inkling of a clue used it to figure out that Ball should not have played probably half of last season.

Does it amaze you that every writer, football player, analyst, and coach in praising Calvin Johnson at one point or another took a shot at Reggie Ball. Each one of the Game Day crew made a snide comment about it more than once. Everyone could see that Ball should not be playing QB except of course Gailey and apparently you.

If you want to disagree with me fine, but don't go get on your pedestal and say my analysis is simple minded. It didn't take much analysis to realize Ball should not be playing.

its just because you connect things that are not connected. for example, saying that the gameday crew took shots at reggie means that reggie is not the best qb that calvin could have had. well, no sh*t, smarta$$. it does NOT say that we had anyone better to step on the field and play that position.

the reality is that we didnt have enough options at qb, which really wasnt gailey's fault all though you guys love to rag on him for playing rb.

the fact is that we won a ton of tough games - with Reggie, and we led all the ones that you mentioned with a chance to win it

what do you want. we can all wish that we had Matt Leinart, but we didnt

quit your whining, you dont know crap - not that i do, but at least i dont come on here and act like i know better than the coaches.

i also dont think that it is common sense that just because TB played pretty well in the bowl game, that he would have played well in the other games

i personally had some moments during the bowl game where i was very glad that WV was rated so badly in defensive backfield. i really thought that a few more of those throws could have been ints. but he played well for the situation he was in.

everyone is so reactive, and thnk that wanting something bad enough will prove them right. it just like dawg fans thinking that they are a big time program.

dont you think that a man that coached jon elway and troy aikman knows something?

quit your whining, you dont know crap - not that i do, but at least i dont come on here and act like i know better than the coaches.

I'm not whining, just defending my position which you were attacking. But I do at least know that Reggie Ball should have been benched in favor of Taylor Bennett at least 3 separate times last year, and more than likely should have been replaced all together.

So are we not to question coaches? Do you just blindly assume that whatever they do is more than you know so you shouldn't question anything?

Its that thought that would have kept Bill Lewis around longer than he was.

I also know that Dave Wilson sucks asss and should never have been near our program. Personally, I could have done a better job than that complete lazy sack that guess what??? GAILEY HIRED...

I guess I shouldn't question it though because those guys are coaches and must know more than me. Gailey does no doubt, but I would be willing to bet I could recruit better than Dave Wilson. If I show up to work before 10am, I at least would have gotten a head start on him.

I won't even talk about Nix. Over 40 hours logged on NCAA game day automatically qualifies you with more experience than Nix.

your exagerations make is less and less worthwhile to reply to you

nix, i am pretty sure, played QB at Auburn and went 11-0 one year. 40 hrs of gameday? please. the proof is that most people would say he moved 'up', although i much prefer bond

in any case, yes, question the coaches if you want; but dont question other posters on a public forum before the season even starts. why dont you question the COACHES. tell em how you feel. thats much more productive that getting into it on a message board with a bunch of people who cant do anything about it. which, in my opinion is whining.

it's in the past, dont project it onto this season. enjoy the new season. thats the great thing about college football - this IS always next year.

Nix actually got a job that other coaches were declining to interview for. The reason he was looking was he knew he was done at Tech whether Gailey came back or not. He may have been a QB at Auburn, but he ruined our season with his playcalling in our last 3 games.

I distinctly recall seeing Rhodes beaten fairly dramatically several times last year (thrown around like a rag doll comes to mind).

Whether this is true or not is only half of the story. In order to prove the coaches made a poor decision by keeping him in there, we would have to know that Dunmon wouldn't have been similarly beaten.

why dont you question the COACHES. tell em how you feel. thats much more productive that getting into it on a message board with a bunch of people who cant do anything about it. which, in my opinion is whining.

I have emailed Gailey my concerns in the past in a very tactful way. He has always responded to my emails. I've also spoken directly with DRad about some things in particularly Nix. I just like to get some fresh debate on this board to make things interesting.

Thanks.

...but dont question other posters...

Don't question other posters? What lunacy is that?! It's a message board for a reason. I know, let's just have an initial post on each thread then lock it down so no other opinions can be shared.

I don't agree with what BOR said about the OL, but it's still a valid opinion that he should be free to express.

its a valid opinion if it actually happened. he is talking about something from LAST YEAR, and comparing it to a completely unrelated event also FROM LAST YEAR. why dont we wait to make negative remarks about our players and coaches until after we see the problems actually occuring, instead of predicting them to occur and whine about why they shouldnt

i think a message board is for discussing, not bitching. you may think its lunacy, but get a bunch of idiots in the room and question each other on what they should have done in the past, what good does that do?

i personally get value out of the boards from people that have REAL INFO or worthwhile opinions to share, and not ones that repeat the same gripes over and over and over

what possibly could any other poster have offered to this thread in the eyes of BoR? everyone that disagrees he has a snide comment for. there was zero discussion. its one opinion against another, and we know that opinions are like rear ends, everyones got em and most of em stink!

Back