Academics

Hey, if you don' want snide comments, don't mess with BOR.:biggrinbounce:. Just kidding, sort of. But BOR doesn't worry much about how he says things, but he's also not always wrong.

what possibly could any other poster have offered to this thread in the eyes of BoR? everyone that disagrees he has a snide comment for. there was zero discussion. its one opinion against another, and we know that opinions are like rear ends, everyones got em and most of em stink!

Woah, hold on Cowboy. I think you need to re-read the thread.
It is still my opinion that 61 is not the best person to start at the LG position. I've made my case long before now based on just watching him with my own eyes. If he is the best we have, then so be it, but I don't think he is and I've played and watched enough football to form a pretty decent opinion. I will agree with you though that I picked the wrong thread to begin this discussion.

However, that was not your orignal point. You went off on my "simple minded analysis" which is condescending and arrogant or in your own words, snide. I didn't have any "snide" comments for anyone until you tried to make it appear that I have no clue as to what I'm talking about and my thinking is too "simple minded". I don't mind being insulted, but if you are going to insult me, you better be prepared for a response.

I tend to try and use common sense when analyzing our team. Common sense to me is Ball being benched at any point during the last half of last season. Common sense is not playing a LG who has gotten burned in the past. My point was maybe he is not the best answer. You're point is that I know less than the coaches. And my point is the coaches know more than me but they tend to stick with players that have experience even if they aren't the best choice, HENCE why Ball played all 4 quarters of both the UGA game and Wake game. Maybe my analysis is simple, but its not simple minded based on everything we know. Its the most logical answer to the apparent problem.

ok, BoR

let me apologize first off for making it seem like an attack on you. it upset me some that we were already discussing in advance of a single play being played THIS YEAR how the coaches and certain players are making mistakes. i jumped on you a little and i am sorry for making it seem personal to you

that being said, i do think that saying 'see, TB was obviously the better choice at qb, based on the gator bowl' is SIMPLE MINDED. there is no logical reason to believe that this is true, and in fact, to me it seems total common sense that it is not true. people improve. tb improved to the point where he could play in the bowl game pretty well. if he had started the UGAg game, i think you would have formed a different conclusion, but that is my opinion. i think that tb will be a good qb for us this year if he sticks to what he can do. rb tried to do to much when the onus was on him, but then again, he beat Auburn, VT, Miami, etc. also. i personally dont think that tb is the savior at qb, nor do i think he is the second coming of Godsey.

also, my point is still accurate as to why it was not so stupid to start rb, and that is that we were winning all of those games and had a chance to win them all at the end

to you, its common sense that rb should not have started. to me its common sense that you continue to start him until you have someone better. again, just because rb wasnt great DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY LOGICAL INFERENCE THAT THERE IS SOMEONE BETTER

the other point i made it about team unity. while you seem to think the players wanted tb to start, i strongly disagree with you on that point. you mentioned B**L L****S in one of your posts, see his year for what happens when you split the team by taking out the leader of part of the team

so, if you want a discussion, then please do so. i would like to have your opinion on WHEN rb should have been benched in the UGA game. was it after UGA got that BS touchdown on the rugby play where the ball was down for about 10 seconds? was it after we went ahead in the fourth quarter when TC scored with 8:50 to go? or maybe with 1:50 to go after UGAy scored their only offensive TD? when exactly should TB have been put in there?

[quote=BuzzCzar;170597

"the other point i made it about team unity. while you seem to think the players wanted tb to start, i strongly disagree with you on that point. you mentioned B**L L****S in one of your posts, see his year for what happens when you split the team by taking out the leader of part of the team"

What about Florida's utility of the 2QB system in 06' by a competent football coaching staff? The problems under Bill Lewis weren't directly limited to poor QB play, mind you.

[

What about Florida's utility of the 2QB system in 06' by a competent football coaching staff? The problems under Bill Lewis weren't directly limited to poor QB play, mind you.

The difference is that FL used a 2 QB system. All the players knew they were going to, the QBs knew they were going to and everyone knew that if a QB was pulled he was going to go back in. Chan has never run a 2 QB system and has lived and died with his starter. It would be logical for everyone to have assumed that if he once pulled Reggie, he would never put him back in. Not saying it's the right way to do things. But it makes it more difficult for a coach to change things up if that's the expectation players have. Hopefully that changes going forward.

It is still my opinion that 61 is not the best person to start at the LG position. I've made my case long before now based on just watching him with my own eyes.

Unfortunately your observations of #61 have proven to be almost entirely hallucination and/or fantasy when scrutinized.

Actually, much like GT fans calling for Taylor, many UF fans were calling for Tebow to start all the time and Urb still stuck with the experienced Leak for most of his plays. Tebow mainly played a fullback-like role in short yardage situations, as well as the occasional jump pass.

This argument's reaching it's eighth month here, so I'll just say that we were still in reach of a win against UGA with Reggie in the game. And no matter which way you look at it, it would have been a very risky option to have TB's first real game against UGA in Sanford stadium.

to you, its common sense that rb should not have started. to me its common sense that you continue to start him until you have someone better. again, just because rb wasnt great DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY LOGICAL INFERENCE THAT THERE IS SOMEONE BETTER

You have a MUCH more VIVID and PERVERSE imagination than I do, if you can even conceive of a worse performing QB than Ball in the Wake Forest and Georgia games.

so being ahead in the fourth quarter with 8:50 to go and not losing the lead until there was a mere 1:50 to go is VIVID and PERVERSE thinking that you have a good chance to win? strange thinking

i yes, i think many, including you and BoR would certainly have performed MUCH WORSE
and yes, i think TB would have performed worse, and what is more important, the team AS A WHOLE would have performed worse, in my opinion

see, the qb actually has to not only pass the ball, but also hand it off and be a leader. and i dont think that is as easy as some make it out to be to change that up. if you look even at the pros, with a qb switch there is freqently a fumble on the exchange, all the receivers have to adjust their routes

also, if tb would have been better, i think the coaches would have played him. i know you guys disagree, but i think the winning is important to the coaches, more than 'sticking with their guy'

Unfortunately your observations of #61 have proven to be almost entirely hallucination and/or fantasy when scrutinized.

Uhh no they aren't. I've had conversations on the subject with former Tech lineman who think the same. Just because I had the sequence of events out of order in that particular game (probably due to alcohol consumption, doesn't mean that those events didn't happen during the game. It still happened. It even happened later in the season and was common at the LG position moreso than other line play.

so being ahead in the fourth quarter with 8:50 to go and not losing the lead until there was a mere 1:50 to go is VIVID and PERVERSE thinking that you have a good chance to win?

Giving Ball credit for having that lead is like giving Brazil or Bulgaria credit for the Allied victory in WWII.

that being said, i do think that saying 'see, TB was obviously the better choice at qb, based on the gator bowl' is SIMPLE MINDED. there is no logical reason to believe that this is true, and in fact, to me it seems total common sense that it is not true.

Wow. Do you really believe that Bullsh*t you just said? Would you care to rehash Reggie Ball's statistics in the Duke, UGA, and Wake games. After you tally that, then tell me it is logical and common sense that Taylor Bennett (HELL plug in Tony Bennet) would have done worse.

Sorry, but its common sense that would tell me Taylor would have done much much better. People improve, but they don't improve from "Worse than Reggie Ball in those three games" to "GT's version of Joe Montana" in one month. Sorry but I would have to say that common sense would say Taylor would be a vast improvement over Reggie.

the other point i made it about team unity. while you seem to think the players wanted tb to start, i strongly disagree with you on that point. you mentioned B**L L****S in one of your posts, see his year for what happens when you split the team by taking out the leader of part of the team

I was at the ACC Champ game and got to talk to the players after the game. There were a lot of disgruntled players at two people... Patrick Nix, and Reggie Ball.

so, if you want a discussion, then please do so. i would like to have your opinion on WHEN rb should have been benched in the UGA game. was it after UGA got that BS touchdown on the rugby play where the ball was down for about 10 seconds? was it after we went ahead in the fourth quarter when TC scored with 8:50 to go? or maybe with 1:50 to go after UGAy scored their only offensive TD? when exactly should TB have been put in there?

Reggie should have never seen the field for the UGA game, but should in the very least have never taken a snap after the first half.

Giving Ball credit for having that lead is like giving Brazil or Bulgaria credit for the Allied victory in WWII.

Ok, its official. I just peed my pants. I think this sums it up. Beej67 needs to sig this.

Let's revisit the subject of #61 after the season starts and see how he is doing.

What would be interesting to know is did any of the team leaders go to the coaching staff and ask what the hell they were thinking. I know back in our day we would have.

yeah, thats what they would have done if they thought that TB should be the starter. hence, since they didnt i disagree with BoR saying that the team didnt want rb to be the starter. they WOULD have gone to the coaches.

and mm42, your comment is funny but non-sensical. yes, i do think that the guy that touches the ball every play on offense is in part responsible for being in the lead.

didnt reggie hand off to choice? didnt he make passes? what gets me is that you guys think its so funny. we are talking about a guy that played for GT as hard as he could. i think you guys are a$$es for ragging on him. btw, guess what: he's in the NFL. he's making more in one year than more will in 5.

mm42, i challenge you to do anything physically challenging with the same level of aptitude as Reggie Ball. then, if you can do that, i will grant you a free ride to ridicule him in front of others. as long as you guys just hide behind your keyboards and complain, your all idiots to me

mm42, i challenge you to do anything physically challenging with the same level of aptitude as Reggie Ball. then, if you can do that, i will grant you a free ride to ridicule him in front of others. as long as you guys just hide behind your keyboards and complain, your all idiots to me
We may all be idiots. I've met a few on this board and I think they are idiots, and they think I am an idiot in turn. But while we may be idiots, you are truly a bonafide p*ssy for dodging the arguement and now accusing us of being bad fans. Just because you can't make your point, don't make false accusations.

I am as vocal to the GTAA and in person as I am on this board. And I back it up by supporting the team by going to all the games, shelling up my annual contributions, and raising money for the GTAA. If you cannot handle a few people on the message board who don't buy into every decision that our coaching staff makes, then maybe you ought to reconsider posting on this board.

Back