Academics

Anybody who doesn't agree with me is obviously an idiot. Unless I meet him in person and he's bigger than me. Then he's a big, mean, punching idiot.

Also, when I am driving anybody faster than me is a maniac and anybody slower than me is a moron. Of course the worst are those stupid idiots who go the same speed as me. I hate those speed-copyin', flippin' dips.

Anybody who doesn't wear Old Gold to the football game is a Major Tool. If you wear Navy? Idiot. Black? Mega idiot. Yellow? Idiot of the Century. And don't get me started on Vegas Gold and Cheddar. Those freaks will be shoveling the Navy/Black/Yellow guys' crap in H3LL.

Also, ANYBODY who EVER questions ANYTHING any of our FINE COACHES does is a MAJOR FLIPPIN' IDIOT!!!! Our FINE COACHES are paid MORE THAN YOU MAKE IN A DECADE and THEY CANNOT C-A-N-N-O-T BE QUESTIONED. END OF STORY. PERIOD. YOU IDIOT!

you guys are taking it to personal

i dont mean it to be. i just really dont see the point of ridiculing your own family. and reggie and chan are both members of the GT family

also, i think i can defend my argument, and have. you just disagree. you think TB should have started the UGA game. i disagree completely. and, ultimately we had a chance to win and didnt

i ask you what happened in the Gator Bowl? we had a chance to win and didnt. guess what, tb threw a pick. i think that if rb would have had the same stats as tb in that game you all would have slayed him for the int, but tb is a hero

funny to me

i think if you evaluate the bowl game critically, you will have to admit that TB was helped by a weak WV pass defense. i also am pretty sure that stats will back up that most of those yards came AFTER the catch, not discounting TB for getting it there, but again weak dbackfield from the opponent. much weaker that UGA.

and i think that if you are leading the game with under 2 minutes to go, then for some reason i actually think that means you had a chance to win the game. uga drove over 60 yards to score the touchdown the longest drive of their game, thats not anymore reggies fault than it is TB for giving up rushing yards.

and as much as you guys gloss over it and make it seem trivial, even a simple handoff between a guy who has never started a game and the center in front of 90000 barking rednecks is not that simple

and while you guys claim that the players wanted TB to start, i am pretty convinced that that was not the case.

again, it would be nice to always have a better guy at #2, but it just isnt always true. luckily for GT fans, it is starting to be the case that we have another talented player waiting behind everyone

but, instead of being thankful for improvements, we have to rehash the same blame arguments that were made without any empirical evidence that the discussion is even relevant.

i still dont understand how rb can be so divisive in the eyes of the fan base. we ALL knew he was a good athlete, but no great qb. i seem to think that the coaches did ok coaching him, but that he just would have some times when he went back to bad habits, usually when physically and mentally fatigued.

he was a fighter, at times to a fault. he threw some horrible passes, but he also made some great plays. certainly the combo of reggie and nix together did not work out as well as hoped, but ITS OVER.

and i pretty much think that if reggie had the stats that TB had in the gator bowl that it would have qualified as "his best game"

i remember watching us beat Auburn at home on the shoulders of a FR qb named reggie ball. and also, i think we won games that were big wins. wins over stats any day. wow, your qb had 300 yards and you LOST, big deal. id take 100 yards passing and a win

you like to tear my comments apart, but if you think about when a qb has a lot of yards it is often because the team is behind. id rather have 200 yards rushing than 300 yards passing any day.

and if i was to listen to you then playing at the Gator Bowl against WV is the same as playing in Athens, i know that not to be the case

also, perhaps i need to clarify my comments as you dont seem to see the relevance of playing within a gameplan that wins the game. it may be that you pass 300 yards, or it may be to run the ball all over them and hold the ball and kill the clock, or it may be a combination. my point was that it is better to play within a gameplan and sometimes that means not getting the stats. i never claimed any correlation to having defenders on the field and the effectiveness of the defense (that is your strange analogy), what i do claim is that there is a correlation between the stats of the qb and the gameplan, and that i would rather not have my qb have to get 300 yards to win a game. personally, i think thats pretty much common sense

I gotta admit, I do feel like an IDIOT for having tried to talk sense into you.

Funny how a thread about academic standings of our players turns into a rehash of the #61 sucks argument and a totally new argument about Reggie. This is what makes message boards fun!!

To steal a quote from the Principal in Billy Madison:
At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, may God have mercy on your soul.

Re: It's amazing what the original topic was....

and what this thread has become. :eek:

talking sense? im laughing now

i did graduate from Tech in 3 years with a degree in Physics with the highest GPA in the college of sciences, but i guess im an idiot!

i do post late at night usually, but if you guys think that tater should have started the UGA game, then we really dont have much to discuss.

and, i guess its idiotic to win games instead of going for 300 yards passing. stats are for losers, reality is much richer than that. and your methods of analysis seem to be some combination of insult and fantasy

Go Jackets! Here's to a NEW SEASON, lets let the old one go, please?

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING:

When a purely hypothetical QB has 41 yards of offense, lost 30 yards in sacks, and turns the ball over 3 times for 10 points, that QB is giving 1 point to the other team for every 1 yard he gains for his own.

That QB is not responsible for ANY POSSIBLE SUCCESS his team is having.

Hypothetically, of course.

beej67,
knows who he blames for last season.

i did graduate from Tech in 3 years with a degree in Physics with the highest GPA in the college of sciences, but i guess im an idiot!

Whatever, physics is easy. I took that in high school.

If Reggie Ball were replaced by someone capable ONLY of taking the snap and either A) handing the ball off, or B) throwing the ball completely out of bounds, without turning the ball over, and completing 0% of pass attempts, then we would have beaten Georgia.

Think about that for a second, Czar.

If Reggie Ball were replaced by someone capable ONLY of taking the snap and either A) handing the ball off, or B) throwing the ball completely out of bounds, without turning the ball over, and completing 0% of pass attempts, then we would have beaten Georgia.

Think about that for a second, Czar.
You're assuming that Nix wouldn't have called passing plays despite knowing about A) and B).

Go Jackets!!!
Racer_X.jpg

Back