ACC ded

The worst case scenario is the ACC dying and us going down with the ship. Why force that to happen, so we can hope for pity? You negotiate from a position of strength not weakness - sinking the ACC without a life-boat makes us a beggar with little negotiating power. If we haven't found a life-boat, our best bet is to either stall until we find one or try to keep the ship afloat.
huh, that makes a lot of sense and probably only seven schools have a guaranteed lifeboat waiting.

The SEC doesn’t care about Clemson draws. All five of the schools you listed already have sellout home crowds for conference games. They can add clemson twice a decade without splitting any conference money.

Clemson is just past their peak. They are no more attractive than USCe outside of the last 10 years. Why add a second school in a low population state? Honestly, MSU and Vandy wouldn’t get in if they weren’t already in. That is probably true of Auburn too who would not have achieved their heights without SEC membership.

Kill Clemson and where do their top recruits go? Probably not outside the SE. USC would be better. Tennessee would be better. uga would be better.

Why do you assume Clemson would die instead of go to the Big 10?

Why do you assume Clemson would die instead of go to the Big 10?

B1G is the best play for Clemson, although they would be the academic Louisville of the B1G. One bonus for them is they play one of the worst SEC teams every year.Clemson could be pitched as why the B1G has s better than the SEC.

B1G is the best play for Clemson, although they would be the academic Louisville of the B1G. One bonus for them is they play one of the worst SEC teams every year.Clemson could be pitched as why the B1G has s better than the SEC.

Right. And it also gains them a foothold in the southeast from a TV and recruiting standpoint. It would be huge for the Big X in my opinion.

So I don't think the answer to whether the SEC would want Clemson is as simple as, "They don't, they'd rather let Clemson die and take all their recruits." They have to consider whether they'd rather have Clemson be an SEC school or a Big X school.

Right. And it also gains them a foothold in the southeast from a TV and recruiting standpoint. It would be huge for the Big X in my opinion.

So I don't think the answer to whether the SEC would want Clemson is as simple as, "They don't, they'd rather let Clemson die and take all their recruits." They have to consider whether they'd rather have Clemson be an SEC school or a Big X school.
And do they want GT to invite the BIG10 to Atlanta.

Who gives a flying frog's ass if Michigan visits Clemson. Good luck with that. Atlanta is a middle finger to the SEC.

SEC won't take us.
I have no interest in the Big 14. November trips to Iowa? Wisconsin? Northwestern? The whore that is Ann Arbor? NFT.
I'd almost rather be GDI.
Hell, why not see if the PAC-Integer has any interest in coming this far east.

SEC won't take us.
I have no interest in the Big 14. November trips to Iowa? Wisconsin? Northwestern? The whore that is Ann Arbor? NFT.
So you are for a self imposed death penalty for the program? Become UCONN football?

SEC won't take us.
Thanks President Peterson. We are way better off because you don’t like being cold. We would probably still be running the option if we went to the Big Ten. Just paying all our coaches and athletes way more.

SEC won't take us.

Independent is most likely a fools errand imho. Unless we can keep a solid slate of south-eastern schools to fill our docket, i don't think we land on top with that approach. Maybe the AD can swing it, but that's a really tough road to success and bowls. It's also a very tough route for TV deals.

So why couldn’t all of the ACC schools vote to abolish the now non-competitive conference and then reconstitute a new conference with a new member or two? The additional schools would not only help the new league to be more contractually competitive for TV, but would also give the needed legal cover from the lawsuits that could otherwise say the move was a gimmick.

Honestly if one of the Big 2 falls through…it may be best to try to become the Boise State of the Sun Belt.

So why couldn’t all of the ACC schools vote to abolish the now non-competitive conference and then reconstitute a new conference with a new member or two? The additional schools would not only help the new league to be more contractually competitive for TV, but would also give the needed legal cover from the lawsuits that could otherwise say the move was a gimmick.
Because the money is wayyyy better elsewhere; teams wanting to cash in need to get away from the acc.

So you are for a self imposed death penalty for the program? Become UCONN football?
I just don't see the allure of the Big 14. Because they're a potential dance partner?
Who's to say we couldn't get a better deal with the Pac-Integer? Especially with what they're losing.
Being an independent for football hasn't hurt Notre Dame. Granted, that name is still a brand. Maybe not what it was but it's still known and it draws eyeballs to screens. We could keep Clemson and Georgia on the schedule and then schedule other SEC schools or other former ACC schools and Big 12 schools to keep the dance card filled. I bet some of those schools would love a chance for a home and home in Atlanta. If we're going to market Atlanta, we could use it to get other schools to play us.
Besides, WTF wants to play in Storrs?

I hate that Georgia Tech is probably going to get left out of the conference realignment. But I honestly pretty much gave up hope of ever getting back to The Orange Bowl after NIL and the transfer portal. Georgia Tech does not have the budget at all to compete for athletes in NIL. And if that is not bad enough, the transfer portal allows the footbal, Factories and prestigious programs to take advantage of the diamonds, in the rough that we have found in recruiting, and allow them to transfer out of Georgia Tech to a program that is more about football. It just sucks. Worst thing that’s ever happened to college sports.

Here's where this ultimately ends up:

A New Football Landscape: The SEC's Trailblazing Divisions

In an unprecedented maneuver of athletic consolidation, the Southeastern Conference (SEC) has absorbed every college football team from sea to shining sea. As the singular behemoth of collegiate athletics, new-look SEC unveiled its new divisions to accommodate this extraordinary growth.

First up, we have the "SEC's Coastal Cabaret: Where Atlantic Dreams Go to Sink". These coastal companions include the Boston College Eagles, Clemson Tigers, Duke Blue Devils, Florida State Seminoles, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, Louisville Cardinals, Miami Hurricanes, North Carolina Tar Heels, North Carolina State Wolfpack, Pittsburgh Panthers, Syracuse Orange, Virginia Cavaliers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish - well, when they feel like joining in.

Next on the docket, the "SEC's Northern Revival: Ten Teams, One SECond Place". The division features the Illinois Fighting Illini, Indiana Hoosiers, Iowa Hawkeyes, Maryland Terrapins, Michigan Wolverines, Michigan State Spartans, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Northwestern Wildcats, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Purdue Boilermakers, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, and the Wisconsin Badgers.

Adding a touch of charm we have the "SEC's Footnote: A Dozen Teams Trying to Remember Their Glory Days". This division packs a punch with the Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Oklahoma State Cowboys, TCU Horned Frogs, Texas Tech Red Raiders, West Virginia Mountaineers, Texas Longhorns, and Oklahoma Sooners.

The "SEC's Sunshine Side Show: Twelve Teams, No Real Pac(k)" is ready to make waves on the West Coast. The division includes the Arizona Wildcats, Arizona State Sun Devils, California Golden Bears, UCLA Bruins, Colorado Buffalos, Oregon Ducks, Oregon State Beavers, Southern California Trojans, Stanford Cardinal, Utah Utes, Washington Huskies, and Washington State Cougars.

Finally, we can't forget the "SEC: Souvenirs, Entertainment, College Football and a small touch of academics on the side". This division maintains the SEC spirit with the Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Ole Miss Rebels, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Missouri Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Texas A&M Aggies, and Vanderbilt Commodores.

Skeptics say that this grand reshuffle is a result of the SEC's voracious appetite leading to a rebranding of the old order rather than a revolution. As we prepare for this re-imagined college football landscape, we can't help but chuckle at the irony. It seems that the more things change, the more they stay SEC.

These people, in their woeful lack of comprehension, belittle the SEC's monumental reshuffling as a mere farce. How amusing it is to witness their feeble attempts to downplay the orchestrated symphony of the SEC's strategic brilliance! Like a blindfolded spectator criticizing a masterpiece, their misguided notions fade into the background, drowned out by the resounding echoes of SEC triumph. Let them clutch at their baseless arguments, for their hollow protests only serve to highlight their own irrelevance in the face of the SEC's indomitable reign.

Back