ACC moves this year's championship game from Charlotte

Man this board's free market republicans sure hate it when the free market decides to act against something they like!

Why are these private entities allowed to do whatever they want!? We need more government regulations to stop them

How come they get to boycott a state for its laws, but a baker can't boycott a gay wedding for religious reasons? It's discrimination on a massive scale.

The double standard is a mile wide.

Honestly, this discussion is no longer in the proper forum.

They'll probably put the game in Jacksonville, and much like everything else in Jacksonville, it will suck.

I like Jacksonvile. You could stay on Amelia and drive down to the game. Great opportunity for a little snowbird get-away with the fam.

How come they get to boycott a state for its laws, but a baker can't boycott a gay wedding for religious reasons? It's discrimination on a massive scale.

If I remember correctly, the conservative solution to the gay cake issue was essentially, "go to another bakery for your gay cakes." That's exactly what the NCAA / ACC is doing.

I don't care where they host the game as long as we have bouncers at every bathroom to perform the appropriate sack check.

I don't care where they host the game as long as we have bouncers at every bathroom to perform the appropriate sack check.
Sack checks are apparently appropriate now?
I thought only at airports.

If I remember correctly, the conservative solution to the gay cake issue was essentially, "go to another bakery for your gay cakes." That's exactly what the NCAA / ACC is doing.

Fine. But let's not be hypocrites. Stop all travel to NC. Forfeit the UNC game if we have to.

ACC/NCAA can do whatever they want. They're a private entity. Let's keep in mind all of the atrocious things they have overlooked on many campuses across the country (Rape, Pedophilia, Player Abuse, Racism Within the Locker Room, Cheating, Over-signing/Scholarship Withdrawal, Exploitation of Poor Black Athletes, Head Trauma, etc... Why this? Why now for the ACC/NCAA to suddently have a conscience? Seems strange.

Also, it would be funny to see how these folks would feel if the NFL suddenly passed a rule forcing players to stand for the anthem?

So tired of the incredibly vocal minority driving all of the social policies in this country.

ACCCG at Clemson... 1 Hour from Charlotte, all corp. and presale tickets can still be honored, and Clemson AD is head of ACC... Mark it Dude... Let's be honest, none of this is about equality or Trans-people's rights... Something else is at play and I think it starts and ends with $$ and or corruption...

Moronic blabber
Double standard..? More like double stupid on your part

Let's be honest, none of this is about equality or Trans-people's rights... Something else is at play and I think it starts and ends with $$ and or corruption...

Wise words.

I recall the long-running story pushed by the NCAA about how a playoff could never work in football because of final exams. Then we got the Bama/LSU rematch in the title game, and it garnered the lowest TV ratings of any title game of the BCS era (by a mile). Overnight, the NCAA dropped the schtick on final exams and now we have a playoff with a corrupt selection committee. When it comes to college sports, just like the Clintons and Olympics, $$$ drives everything even though it's not supposed to.

Back