ACC to play 10-game conference-only schedule for the 2020 season.

i just realized they are talking 10 ACC games instead of 8. Hell, that's better than playing Gardner Webb, UCF, and UGA. Not even mad yo.

Again not sure how safety is improved by shuffling the schedule, but hey, lets play some foosball.

I remain skeptical that it will happen, but 10 conference games sounds awesome given the circumstances. Bummer if we don't play UGA, but otherwise, it'll be fun to play 2 additional Atlantic teams since other than Clemson we only play each like once every 3-4 years.

I remain skeptical that it will happen, but 10 conference games sounds awesome given the circumstances. Bummer if we don't play UGA, but otherwise, it'll be fun to play 2 additional Atlantic teams since other than Clemson we only play each like once every 3-4 years.
It looks like they would count ND as one of our 10 conference games, so we would just add one Atlantic team to the Clemson and Syracuse games already scheduled.

Brett McMurphy followed up that report by tweeting; “No “official” decision has been reached by ACC, sources said, but likely outcome will be league only games based on Big Ten’s announcement.”. Also the ACC would assist Notre Dame with as many games as it needed

Link
The ACC should use this opportunity to give ND the middle finger for giving the rest of us the middle finger and thinking they’re above joining the conference.

It looks like they would count ND as one of our 10 conference games, so we would just add one Atlantic team to the Clemson and Syracuse games already scheduled.

Oh that's right, I wasn't accounting for Syracuse already being on the schedule.

So it'd be 6 Coastal games, 3 Atlantic games (Clemson, Cuse, and wildcard), and ND

I would honestly rather not play ND this season. We have a huge cost in renting MBS and it's likely fan's won't even be present.
I’d say no guarantee we play them at MBS. If we can claim force majuere to get out of OOC games then likely could do the same for MBS. Only concern would be if that impacts future games at the site. If they allow fans, then I will be there.

I'm cool with this. But has there been a rationale given for why they want to do it? I don't see any safety improvements from switching out UCF for Boston College. It's not to reduce travel, UGA is about as short a trip as we have. Is it just to save money from the pay-to-play games?

Edit: Nevermind, saw the discussion in the other thread.

Last edited:
agree on skepticism. im huge CFB and normally an optimist. but i expect ill be getting full refund for GT tix this year. i don't think anyone will play. hope im wrong!

Oh that's right, I wasn't accounting for Syracuse already being on the schedule.

So it'd be 6 Coastal games, 3 Atlantic games (Clemson, Cuse, and wildcard), and ND

Any guarantee they would keep the existing games in this scenario? Could they reset the cross-divisional games to minimize travel?

Back