ACC to play 10-game conference-only schedule for the 2020 season.

Watch, the AD over there will try and move the 2021 COFH to Athens - GFY UGAAD
My memory is not what it once was, but didn't we play two years in a row at Clemson just to stop having the UGA and Clemson sites synchronized? I don't think we would let that revert back.

This ain't it, chief.

1594409603147.png

And just like that Trump caused the end of 2020 football.

Got to get my popcorn to watch and see what the SEC is thinking and what they do. Bet they'll offer to double up and play 20 games amongst themselves not to lose that box office and network TV money!

agree on skepticism. im huge CFB and normally an optimist. but i expect ill be getting full refund for GT tix this year. i don't think anyone will play. hope im wrong!

I’ll be donating season tix money if they don’t play. Hopefully most will b/c the AA will be seriously hurting without a season.

All of that in 2020 and implementing Communism by the Winter Solstice Festival.

Got to get my popcorn to watch and see what the SEC is thinking and what they do. Bet they'll offer to double up and play 20 games amongst themselves not to lose that box office and network TV money!
omae wa mou shindeiru

It just means more.

I would honestly rather not play ND this season. We have a huge cost in renting MBS and it's likely fan's won't even be present.

We should have HUGE negotiation power with both ND and MBS. ACC should be pressing ND to either join the conference or agree to a revenue split that significantly better for the ACC. GT should tell MBS to either give us a sweet deal, or move the game to Grant Field. No way we should lose money playing at MBS.

I would rather skip the season than not play Georgia. Our ACC/Big East opponents mean less than nothing to me, and a sky blue commissioner who decides we must play out of conf ND but can't play Ga makes me think we should talk to the Big Ten, then argue in Court that the ACC breached their good faith duty to us by causing us to lose our game with Georgia, so we owe the North Carolina mafia nada. If it is safe enough to play Miami and Pittsburgh, and if we must play out of conf ND, there can be no rational argument against us playing Georgia. If T-Stan goes along with this, I fear it will be the beginning of the end of Tech football, or the end of the end, I'm not sure which. I guess it's "To Hell With Pittsburgh" now. But never for me.

I’ll be donating season tix money if they don’t play. Hopefully most will b/c the AA will be seriously hurting without a season.
I get it and appreciate people doing it but since they offered to hold our 2021 seats even with a refund on 2020 i'm going to take it. 22 consecutive years of tix buying is a good run and a lot of money. and God willing i can give them at least another 22 years.

One positive thing from this. There will be plenty of social distancing at Tech game's gear.
I get it and appreciate people doing it but since they offered to hold our 2021 seats even with a refund on 2020 i'm going to take it. 22 consecutive years of tix buying is a good run and a lot of money. and God willing i can give them at least another 22 years.

If I give them another 22 years, I'll be 92, and I'll have to move my seats to the first row of the lower west stands. Damn. No good views for old people. They should put a giant ferris wheel, like the one in London, beside the goal posts, so all us old people can get a bird's eye view, without having to climb those ramps. You give um' your money for fifty years in a row and what do you get? Heartaches.

I would rather skip the season than not play Georgia. Our ACC/Big East opponents mean less than nothing to me, and a sky blue commissioner who decides we must play out of conf ND but can't play Ga makes me think we should talk to the Big Ten, then argue in Court that the ACC breached their good faith duty to us by causing us to lose our game with Georgia, so we owe the North Carolina mafia nada. If it is safe enough to play Miami and Pittsburgh, and if we must play out of conf ND, there can be no rational argument against us playing Georgia. If T-Stan goes along with this, I fear it will be the beginning of the end of Tech football, or the end of the end, I'm not sure which. I guess it's "To Hell With Pittsburgh" now. But never for me.

I understand he disappointment of not playing UGA; but there is a lot more to GT football than UGA.

Back