ACC to play 10-game conference-only schedule for the 2020 season.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Ben Swain stated in reply to Gigilo's tweet: I’ve already heard this option got a 11-4 approval with the 4 no’s being schools scheduled to play Clemson twice.

Attachments

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
I get it and appreciate people doing it but since they offered to hold our 2021 seats even with a refund on 2020 i'm going to take it. 22 consecutive years of tix buying is a good run and a lot of money. and God willing i can give them at least another 22 years.
Did this come from the GTAA? Have they outlined refund policies yet, or is this a collective assumption? Just curious as I haven't seen any formal announcement, though it's very possible I could have missed it

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Did this come from the GTAA? Have they outlined refund policies yet, or is this a collective assumption? Just curious as I haven't seen any formal announcement, though it's very possible I could have missed it
They are not going to give your money back if they can rationalize a reason to keep it.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I understand he disappointment of not playing UGA; but there is a lot more to GT football than UGA.
But if playing Clempsen is okay, why not UGA? No Florida/FSU, but FSU -Miami is okay? The whole thing is contrived.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Guys according the ESPN, the ACC hasn't made a decision. Is this more ESPN fake news while they lobby to undo it?

GT98

Dodd-Like
Would it better to have a modified conference only type schedule or just push the season to February/March?

jacket67

Dodd-Like
But if playing Clempsen is okay, why not UGA? No Florida/FSU, but FSU -Miami is okay? The whole thing is contrived.
I think it is mostly an effort to allow each conference to establish their own strategy without worrying about OOC games forcing some kind of negotiated policy for one game. There are a lot of ideas being tossed around, and a limited amount of time to make decisions, so they don't want to deal with conflicts that could arise from outside authorities approaching the season differently. It is still possible that the ACC and SEC could adopt a common system to keep those games intact.

eneq

Junior Varsity Lurker
South Korea takes Japan to school

I went to a KBO game last August. It was probably the most fun I've had at a baseball game. The home team fans stood and sang the entire time the team was batting.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
I got an email from the ticket office/AA couple of weeks ago basically saying any games that were cancelled would be refunded. If whole season cancelled ..refunded. Or you can roll over your balance for next season. Or you can donate your balance to AA. also let's say they do play the season but for whatever reason you don't want to attend you can request full refund no questions asked. under any of the refund scenarios they will still hold your seats for the 2021 season. very very fan friendly policy. i was very happy to see that.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
The increase in cases is ensuring that the potential audience for games will be substantial. Everyone who has the China virus and recovers will be able to attend games with no risk.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
Imagine the ever changing rosters for each game. Isolation/quarantine rules for players/coaches/staff would make this "season" a 5 asterisks happening. Why not just put it off until April and play say 2 or 3 games---like ugag, Clemson, and ND or fsu. Good attendance/tv revenue and less health risks, fewer injuries, plus we would find out where we stand program wise. This way it would be possible to get ready for Fall without wearing out the players.

M

Member 6626

Imagine the ever changing rosters for each game. Isolation/quarantine rules for players/coaches/staff would make this "season" a 5 asterisks happening. Why not just put it off until April and play say 2 or 3 games---like ugag, Clemson, and ND or fsu. Good attendance/tv revenue and less health risks, fewer injuries, plus we would find out where we stand program wise. This way it would be possible to get ready for Fall without wearing out the players.
Because playing in spring is a stupid solution.

Either play this fall or don’t play at all.