All about perspective...

Losing to NIU on opening weekend with an entire off season to prepare was far worse than losing to Kansas. Losing to Kansas sucked. Losing to NIU took the air out of an entire season before it even started.

Is there really any difference between opening weekend and week 2 after facing South Carolina State? If anything the Kansas loss was more deflating, we were following up a season where we won the conference instead of a 3 win season that was a national clusterfk.

Another thing to note, Kansas won 2 more games after us that year. This year NIU is already at 6, they also just beat the team that beat Pitt, maybe they could win the Coastal if they were in it lol.

Pitt will have major losses on the OL. Four 5th year seniors will be gone and I believe the big TE transfer from UF will be gone, as well as Pickett.
Exactly what I'm saying they gonna have a lot of holes to fill I really think year 5 is gonna be the time for the costal cause we got a lot of freshman and sophmore players.

NIU didn't kick our ass. Kansas kicked our ass in a dominant game

?
KU Won by 3, biggest lead 11, biggest deficit 3, on their field
NIU won by 1, biggest lead 14, biggest deficit 7,on our field

Both are embarrassing losses, neither were ass kickings

Exactly what I'm saying they gonna have a lot of holes to fill I really think year 5 is gonna be the time for the costal cause we got a lot of freshman and sophmore players.

Pitt and UVA lose a ton next year. UNC loses Howell and a good bit as well. Ole Miss loses their all-world QB and maybe their coach. The Gus Bus has about 3 flat tires at UCF.

floor is absolutely seven wins in 2022.

"It's never as good or as bad as it seems"
-- Some old fart who thought 3rd downs were practice for 4th and 3.

Losing to NIU on opening weekend with an entire off season to prepare was far worse than losing to Kansas. Losing to Kansas sucked. Losing to NIU took the air out of an entire season before it even started.
We lose to Citadel AT HOME. You’d think the staff would tell the team this ain’t ööööing happening ever again particularly AT HOME. Nope turn right around and get bitch slapped by another 1AA team. We can dance with the best of them though, do a damn cute video and pose for muscle man photos. Just get bitch slapped during the game, pushed around by a bunch of bottom feeders. öööö. Have not been this low since 1994. Worse record than the unmentionable.

We lose to Citadel AT HOME. You’d think the staff would tell the team this ain’t ööööing happening ever again particularly AT HOME. Nope turn right around and get bitch slapped by another 1AA team. We can dance with the best of them though, do a damn cute video and pose for muscle man photos. Just get bitch slapped during the game, pushed around by a bunch of bottom feeders. öööö. Have not been this low since 1994. Worse record than the unmentionable.
Another 1AA team? Have I missed a game somewhere?

NIU was still worse than Kansas. It was opening day inside Bobby Dodd. I remember the gut punch of losing to Kansas. It was bad. But none of you can say when you were sitting inside Bobby Dodd watching NIU celebrate on OPENING DAY after a month to prepare that you didn’t realize this coach was in over his head. That should not happen. And as another poster pointed out after Citadel it is almost unforgivable. But, I and many others keep giving him rope because we want to believe. We justify the Pitt beating by saying they are old and everyone graduates next year. What will we say when Pitt’s OLine is still better than ours next year and their QB plays better than ours? We justify the UVA beatdown by saying they have one of the elite QB’s. Do you really believe that? I don’t. He’s a good college QB but we made him look like Vick. And we almost lost to Duke who is easily one of the worse P5 teams. We will beat VT Saturday and everyone will feel good.

NIU was still worse than Kansas. It was opening day inside Bobby Dodd. I remember the gut punch of losing to Kansas. It was bad. But none of you can say when you were sitting inside Bobby Dodd watching NIU celebrate on OPENING DAY after a month to prepare that you didn’t realize this coach was in over his head. That should not happen. And as another poster pointed out after Citadel it is almost unforgivable. But, I and many others keep giving him rope because we want to believe. We justify the Pitt beating by saying they are old and everyone graduates next year. What will we say when Pitt’s OLine is still better than ours next year and their QB plays better than ours? We justify the UVA beatdown by saying they have one of the elite QB’s. Do you really believe that? I don’t. He’s a good college QB but we made him look like Vick. And we almost lost to Duke who is easily one of the worse P5 teams. We will beat VT Saturday and everyone will feel good.
Shouldn't have lost to NIU. We did

Now to beat VT.

Last edited:
Except you right? After all, it was unforgivable and we shouldn't be believing all these lies, right?

We lost to Kansas, and folks were so in denial the running Joke became we lost to "Kansas State".

We lost to Kansas shortly after the "20 wins in 2 years" crowd was poking their chests out about how they "knew all along " that the Triple was the right Offense for GT to Run.

You don't win 20 games in 2 years and then lose to that Kansas Team, that was a bad team and we were supposed to be ascending at that point with CPJ.

Losing to Kansas was much worse than losing to NIL , not because of the opposition, but because of the GT Teams that we were supposed to be in those Games
Dude, the team that lost to Kansas won more games the year before than Geoff Collins has won in total. If your argument is that losing to Kansas is worse because we had actual expectations for our school back then,not a sad resignation that we’re in ööööing shambles, congrats on making an excellent point.

öööö, at this point, we’d all be over the Goddamned moon if this year’s team was as bad as that 2010 team. Because at least then we’d be at .500.

NIU was still worse than Kansas.

We were Kansas' only win that season.

Meanwhile NIU is 4-0 MAC and 6-2 overall with road losses to Michigan and (narrowly to) 4-3 Wyoming the week after beating us.

Yeah we still should have won but at least it looks like NIU has a decent shot at being the MAC's best team. Further our starting QB was injured early in the game.

Still a bad loss, just not IMO near as bad as Kansas loss.

What made NIU worse isn’t how they compare to Kansas or what NIU‘s record is. It’s that it was opening day! We spent 9 months preparing for season 3 and the excitement was gone by 4pm on the first day of the season. At home. At least last year we had that feel good feeling for a week after FSU before UCF and Syracuse welcomed us to reality.

Dude, the team that lost to Kansas won more games the year before than Geoff Collins has won in total. If your argument is that losing to Kansas is worse because we had actual expectations for our school back then,not a sad resignation that we’re in ööööing shambles, congrats on making an excellent point.

öööö, at this point, we’d all be over the Goddamned moon if this year’s team was as bad as that 2010 team. Because at least then we’d be at .500.
CPJ had 3 recruiting classes coming off of 20 wins in 2 years thanks to Chan leaving a stocked roster.

Even if we assume that CGC is a lesser strategist than CPJ:

Imagine that CPJ does his effin job and leaves behind a Roster on par to the one he walked into at GT, now imagine that CGC has 14 wins in 2 years, do you still think CGC loses to NIL if he walks into the same situation that CPJ walked into.

CPJ walked into a great situation because Chan learned , albeit slowly how to recruit on the College level, on the flip side CGC walked into a friggin' mess (a :crapstorm: ) because CPJ is a program destroyer that neglected the primary objective of his Job which is to recruit the best players that he can.

When you follow a guy that tries to do the Job the right way vs a Program Destroyer like CPJ, then maybe an ugly loss is possible (Citadel).

Even though we should have won the NIL game, it is no worse than the previous Guy losing to MTSU or BYU.

Although getting boat raced by MTSU and making them look like Clemson with Trevor Lawrence as a Tr-F might be the worst look for a GT FB Team all time, even worse than 73-7

That school you think is 1AA(FCS) has been to the same number of Orange Bowls as us since 2010 and would have probably beaten us at least half the time between 2010 and 2018.

How are you this dumb?

CPJ had 3 recruiting classes coming off of 20 wins in 2 years thanks to Chan leaving a stocked roster.

Even if we assume that CGC is a lesser strategist than CPJ:

Imagine that CPJ does his effin job and leaves behind a Roster on par to the one he walked into at GT, now imagine that CGC has 14 wins in 2 years, do you still think CGC loses to NIL if he walks into the same situation that CPJ walked into.

CPJ walked into a great situation because Chan learned , albeit slowly how to recruit on the College level, on the flip side CGC walked into a friggin' mess (a :crapstorm: ) because CPJ is a program destroyer that neglected the primary objective of his Job which is to recruit the best players that he can.

When you follow a guy that tries to do the Job the right way vs a Program Destroyer like CPJ, then maybe an ugly loss is possible (Citadel).

Even though we should have won the NIL game, it is no worse than the previous Guy losing to MTSU or BYU.

Although getting boat raced by MTSU and making them look like Clemson with Trevor Lawrence as a Tr-F might be the worst look for a GT FB Team all time, even worse than 73-7
Bro, remember how you just said losing to Kansas was embarrassing?

We ARE Kansas now.

Back