All about perspective...

I really do think UGA’s defense this year will rank one of the best but the question is whether their offense can keep up. Smart’s defensive weakness has always been the mobile QB and schemes/players that can exploit coverage breakdowns. He will eventually run into one that can do that this year I think and I don’t know if UGA’s offense is performing enough to keep up.
Sims is a mobile QB.

It is unreasonable to set a bowl as the low-point for your expectations - which is what some fonts have done. I’d say given what we were willing to pay a coach, finding a great recruiter who is willing to adjust and learn in order to get better and improve the team and the results is exceeding the reasonable expectations.

Agree to disagree. A bowl in year 3 was, and still is, my expectation.

I won't be calling for him to be fired if we don't get one, but I'll view him as performing below my expectations, and I don't think that's unreasonable.

Agree to disagree. A bowl in year 3 was, and still is, my expectation.

I won't be calling for him to be fired if we don't get one, but I'll view him as performing below my expectations, and I don't think that's unreasonable. 6 wins is nit
I can respect that.

It is unreasonable to set a bowl as the low-point for your expectations - which is what some fonts have done. I’d say given what we were willing to pay a coach, finding a great recruiter who is willing to adjust and learn in order to get better and improve the team and the results is exceeding the reasonable expectations.
You need to go 6-6 to get into a bowl. Literally be an average team. It’s unreasonable to set our low point as average?

Like it or not, we were a national brand when Johnson was the coach. We were the team that ran the funny old-timey offense. We were a national brand under Gailey, as the school with Calvin Johnson, the cheat-code of wide receivers. We had a brand under O'Leary. Right now, we are, undoubtedly, the lowest point I can ever remember.

öööö, Collins has to win the next two games to tie Bill ööööing Lewis' record. But Lewis didn't have to face the might of teams like the Citadel or Temple or Northern Illinois University. Or last year's winless against everyone else Syracuse team. so it all makes sense.
Dude, nobody cared about our offense under CPJ, especially after Clemson and UGAg went next level on us and just threw us around the field like we were a Pop Warner team

Dude, nobody cared about our offense under CPJ, especially after Clemson and UGAg went next level on us and just threw us around the field like we were a Pop Warner team
We had the results of the experiment after the infamous paper airplane game. It just took the programs you mentioned a while to catch up.

I’m getting really tired of y’all smashing my Johnson.

3-3 down the stretch and 6-6 overall and a bowl bid and I would consider the season successful - a significant step in the right direction. With UCF, Ole Miss and UGA to play next year and I believe the Seminoles on the schedule 6-6 this year would make improvement in '22 a challenge. But one step at a time - let's get to 6-6 this year.

I’m getting really tired of y’all smashing my Johnson.
When you see two Clemson DE's immediately bookending the QB as the Clemson DT nearly takes the handoff from our QB, it may be time to move along. Our OL the last several years of CPJ were nothing but flopping fish and did little to slow a decent team, including Duke. Thankfully, a few of CPJ's OL commits decided to go elsewhere after the coaching change or we'd have several more undersized OL to watch the other team throw aside.

When you see two Clemson DE's immediately bookending the QB as the Clemson DT nearly takes the handoff from our QB, it may be time to move along. Our OL the last several years of CPJ were nothing but flopping fish and did little to slow a decent team, including Duke. Thankfully, a few of CPJ's OL commits decided to go elsewhere after the coaching change or we'd have several more undersized OL to watch the other team throw aside.
I realize that, but my poor Johnson is getting mangled.

Is it getting slammed against the turf? There was a lot of that in those final seasons
Believe it or not, it did during my last year in school. Right in the middle of the field one night.

Back