All about perspective...

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Believe it or not, it did during my last year in school. Right in the middle of the field one night.
Is that the year that we needed to get a first down on a QB sneak and the QB mysteriously slipped and we failed to get the first down and lost the game? Sticky, smelly, nasty, your fault.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Is that the year that we needed to get a first down on a QB sneak and the QB mysteriously slipped and we failed to get the first down and lost the game? Sticky, smelly, nasty, your fault.
Busted.

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
We say this now, but in reality, if we go 3-3 the rest of the way, the most likely scenario is probably win the first 3 and lose the last 3. Ending the year on a 3 game losing streak will have the haters back to calling for the whole staff to go.
Well at 6-6 we would get a bowl game and a chance to end the season with a W

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
Watching the other teams this season,I feel like we can beat VPI, UM, BC, and Notre Dame. All look mediocre. UVA looks beatable too, but depends on our UNC defense showing up. No comment

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Dude, nobody cared about our offense under CPJ, especially after Clemson and UGAg went next level on us and just threw us around the field like we were a Pop Warner team
I’ll have to correct you. People cared up until the afternoon of September 19th 2015. I was there. I saw it.

An actual 2.5 road favorite in south bend. We had just seen one of the greatest offenses of all time.The idiot dwag David Pollock even tweeted during the orange bowl “Georgia Tech is trashing Mississippi State right now.” It ended with Justin Thomas 2016 with a win over uga and Kentucky.
1634942300609.gif

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I’ll have to correct you. People cared up until the afternoon of September 19th 2015. I was there. I saw it.

An actual 2.5 road favorite in south bend. We had just seen one of the greatest offenses of all time.The idiot dwag David Pollock even tweeted during the orange bowl “Georgia Tech is trashing Mississippi State right now.” It ended with Justin Thomas 2016 with a win over uga and Kentucky.
1634942300609.gif
Why'd you have to remind me of that GD game.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
The NIU loss was another epic program embarrassment that our children and grandchildren will talk about for generations to come.
Still too early to decide if year 3 is improvement or tolerable.
If Collins gets to 6 wins ,i'm ok with him for another season.Even then,i expect staff changes.
If we don't win six it's fine with me if TStan decides to cut bait and move on.
No,i don't think TStan would do it.
No worse than losing to Kansas.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Losing to NIU on opening weekend with an entire off season to prepare was far worse than losing to Kansas. Losing to Kansas sucked. Losing to NIU took the air out of an entire season before it even started.
We lost to Kansas, and folks were so in denial the running Joke became we lost to "Kansas State".

We lost to Kansas shortly after the "20 wins in 2 years" crowd was poking their chests out about how they "knew all along " that the Triple was the right Offense for GT to Run.

You don't win 20 games in 2 years and then lose to that Kansas Team, that was a bad team and we were supposed to be ascending at that point with CPJ.

Losing to Kansas was much worse than losing to NIL , not because of the opposition, but because of the GT Teams that we were supposed to be in those Games

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Did I say anything about not playing or forfeiting the game? No I did not. But, the chances of beating that team with this team are not good.
If you can stomach betting on the mutts you can take a certain someone to the cleaners with just a little prodding.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
We lost to Kansas, and folks were so in denial the running Joke became we lost to "Kansas State".

We lost to Kansas shortly after the "20 wins in 2 years" crowd was poking their chests out about how they "knew all along " that the Triple was the right Offense for GT to Run.

You don't win 20 games in 2 years and then lose to that Kansas Team, that was a bad team and we were supposed to be ascending at that point with CPJ.

Losing to Kansas was much worse than losing to NIL , not because of the opposition, but because of the GT Teams that we were supposed to be in those Games
Kinda like the chest thumping after the unc game ?

Techfan02

Hope is pain
After a few days I looked back over Saturday and really ain't to mad the offense looked way better in terms of play calling defense has got to do more than rush 3, but I will say they have been a juggernaut on offense just like Pitt. Uva and Pitt are the 2 best teams in the costal this year, but next year they loose a lot of guys that are important UVA has 5 senior OL and 99 as well and Pitt losses some OL defense and biggest is NO MORE Pickett. So It really will be interesting how we play these next 2 with VT and The u how we look.

JJacket

Losing to NIU on opening weekend with an entire off season to prepare was far worse than losing to Kansas. Losing to Kansas sucked. Losing to NIU took the air out of an entire season before it even started.
NIU didn't kick our ass. Kansas kicked our ass in a dominant game

JJacket

After a few days I looked back over Saturday and really ain't to mad the offense looked way better in terms of play calling defense has got to do more than rush 3, but I will say they have been a juggernaut on offense just like Pitt. Uva and Pitt are the 2 best teams in the costal this year, but next year they loose a lot of guys that are important UVA has 5 senior OL and 99 as well and Pitt losses some OL defense and biggest is NO MORE Pickett. So It really will be interesting how we play these next 2 with VT and The u how we look.
Pitt will have major losses on the OL. Four 5th year seniors will be gone and I believe the big TE transfer from UF will be gone, as well as Pickett.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
NIU didn't kick our ass. Kansas kicked our ass in a dominant game
Kansas beat us by 3 on the road because we thought we could roll our helmets onto the field and beat them.

Maybe the NIU game was something similar, but at least the 2010 team had something to be cocky about based on the 2 years previous.

JRjr