And we thought CPJ set us back.....

If we'd kept gailey, he would've lost in 08, 09, 10....

Definitely 08. I think he'd win 09 and 10. He never faced awful uga teams like those.

that being said he’d never get there because even if he got to coach in 08 he’d lose to uga and get fired anyway.

I wanted Gailey gone back then but the guy played elite UGA teams to the wire. I mean outside of year one his worst loss team was to a team that ended up ranked #2 in 2007 by two touchdowns with Taylor freakin Bennett playing QB.

Definitely 08. I think he'd win 09 and 10. He never faced awful uga teams like those.

that being said he’d never get there because even if he got to coach in 08 he’d lose to uga and get fired anyway.

I wanted Gailey gone back then but the guy played elite UGA teams to the wire. I mean outside of year one his worst loss team was to a team that ended up ranked #2 in 2007 by two touchdowns with Taylor freakin Bennett playing QB.

His talent peaked in 06 and he still struggled. He might've won 10, but even 09 I have a difficult time thinking he'd finally get one.

10 would've been a very different if nesbitt hadn't been injured.

His talent peaked in 06 and he still struggled. He might've won 10, but even 09 I have a difficult time thinking he'd finally get one.

10 would've been a very different if nesbitt hadn't been injured.

The 2008 roster was probably the most talented one since 1990. Wtf are you talking about?

The 2008 roster was probably the most talented one since 1990. Wtf are you talking about?

Calvin, baybay, choice, anoai, Gardner, cox, peek, wheeler, guyton, Walker, Richard, michael Johnson

Nesbitt, baybay, Dwyer, Roddy, Burnett, Morgan, Gardner, Walker, Richard, Michael Johnson

I forgot how much defensive talent was still there in 08. Not that I'm trying to downplay the 08 guys, but I think 06 edges them out.

Calvin, baybay, choice, anoai, Gardner, cox, peek, wheeler, guyton, Walker, Richard, michael Johnson

Nesbitt, baybay, Dwyer, Roddy, Burnett, Morgan, Gardner, Walker, Richard, Michael Johnson

I forgot how much defensive talent was still there in 08. Not that I'm trying to downplay the 08 guys, but I think 06 edges them out.

Thomas didn’t play in 06. He redshirted. Walker, Richard, and Johnson were all (not surprisingly) better in 08 than 06. Gardner too if not injured.

06 had better LBs, OL, and Calvin. 08 was significantly better everywhere else.

Thomas didn’t play in 06. He redshirted. Walker, Richard, and Johnson were all (not surprisingly) better in 08 than 06. Gardner too if not injured.

06 had better LBs, OL, and Calvin. 08 was significantly better everywhere else.

And 06 had peek and cox who were really good but it's a tough comparison on offense with the different systems

I'm thinking their money and commitment vs our lack their of has a lot more to do with it. (Read: you don't know what you're talking about)
UGA recruiting rankings going back to 2002. Recruiting ranking average #7 before and recruiting ranking average #7 during.

UGA recruiting rankings going back to 2002. Recruiting ranking average #7 before and recruiting ranking average #7 during.

CCG Hired
CPJ Hired
CGC hired

I suspect bama and uf had a lot more to do with those rankings than we did

I'm thinking their money and commitment vs our lack their of has a lot more to do with it. (Read: you don't know what you're talking about)
Dude, when CPJ arrived the GT, Clemson and UGA programs were very close to being equal, when CPJ left Clemson and UGA were 40 points better. And you don’t think I know what I am talking about.

Dude, when CPJ arrived the GT, Clemson and UGA programs were very close to being equal, when CPJ left Clemson and UGA were 40 points better. And you don’t think I know what I am talking about.

What are you talking about? In 2007 UGA finished the season ranked #3 in the Nation, Clemson was ranked #22, GT was 7-6. How is that being very close to equal?

What are you talking about? In 2007 UGA finished the season ranked #3 in the Nation, Clemson was ranked #22, GT was 7-6. How is that being very close to equal?

I’m guessing because that 7-6 team was down by 6 to that #3 uga team in the 4th quarter whereas our 2018 team was down 38 with 8 minutes to go to a #8 uga team.

also that Tech team beat that #22 Clemson team. In 2018 Clemson destroyed us.

My bad as a UGA guy I fully realize I’m not as smart as you.

I thought you were smarter than me.
giphy.gif

I’m guessing because that 7-6 team was down by 6 to that #3 uga team in the 4th quarter whereas our 2018 team was down 38 with 8 minutes to go to a #8 uga team.

also that Tech team beat that #22 Clemson team. In 2018 Clemson destroyed us.
You mean the year they beat Alabama 44-16 in the national title game and had an average MoV of about 30 in the ACC? Gee. Imagine that.

You mean the year they beat Alabama 44-16 in the national title game and had an average MoV of about 30 in the ACC? Gee. Imagine that.

The point (which wasn’t mine) was that the gap between Tech and UGA/Clemson was greater in 18 than in 07 (which is true).

Back