And we thought CPJ set us back.....

The cupboard is bare argument is still fine. Three starters on offense are Johnson guys. Our offense is average. 8 starters on defense are Johnson guys and our defense is abysmal.

Collins inability to find instant impact guys to beat this slaw out is a separate argument.

That said I’d be willing to bet the 2020 class by itself has more guys drafted than the 2016/7/8 classes of Johnson’s combined.
I will take that bet. What are the terms?

Last edited:
I will take that bet. What are the terms?

1 month ban bet? Obviously we will have to wait a few years but when we have nobody drafted this year it should be pretty clear it will be at worst case a push given Gibbs will be drafted next year.

1 month ban bet? Obviously we will have to wait a few years but when we have nobody drafted this year it should be pretty clear it will be at worst case a push given Gibbs will be drafted next year.
Sure. UFA’s don’t count? Or practice squad members?

Last edited:
All this has nothing to do with scheme vis a vis rushing vs. passing. What we all want is someone who is competent in whatever they plan to do. I don’t care if we run or pass, but whatever the coach chooses to do on any play we should be able to do it competently. What made me the maddest in the post game propaganda speech was he basically told us Swilling was hurt and couldn’t really cover Flowers but he let him play anyway. How anti-team play is that? He gets mad at fans, yet he puts injured players on the field to lose games. I have no doubt we will see a lot of valuable guys transferring out. Who wants to play for a coach like this.

The cupboard is bare argument is still fine. Three starters on offense are Johnson guys. Our offense is average. 8 starters on defense are Johnson guys and our defense is abysmal.

Collins inability to find instant impact guys to beat this slaw out is a separate argument.

That said I’d be willing to bet the 2020 class by itself has more guys drafted than the 2016/7/8 classes of Johnson’s combined.

If he can't find guys to replace them, that means the 1 thing he supposedly has going for him is a myth. Considering the secondary has regressed under his watch, I think the issue isn't the holdovers from cpj.

If he can't find guys to replace them, that means the 1 thing he supposedly has going for him is a myth. Considering the secondary has regressed under his watch, I think the issue isn't the holdovers from cpj.

Collins 18-19 year olds not being able to beat out Johnsons 22-23 year olds is a problem.

the secondary did not regress. They sucked in 18 too.

Collins 18-19 year olds not being able to beat out Johnsons 22-23 year olds is a problem.

the secondary did not regress. They sucked in 18 too.

I wouldn't say it's a problem unless you believe the 22-23 year olds are a bare cupboard and the HC is a recruiting genius. If you don't think they were, then this is expected behavior.

I'm an old guy & I like running the football.
All these rule changes that have contributed to these pass happy offenses is terrible.
Told my wife during the game that pass interference penalty should be abolished & full contact allowed on receivers anytime, anywhere on the field half jokingly
Back in the day defensive struggles were great
If they would just actually call holding on the OL, we'd cut down on pass attempts by 2/3 in a few months.

Recruiting is great if it leads to wins. I would rather win games than send players to the NFL. Both would be great but winning is the goal.

we don’t crap the bed against bad uga teams in 09/10 and uga hires Muschamp. Uga enters the downward spiral that UF and UT are currently in.

Most good teams don’t crap the bed against any bad team so….Do you mean UGA is entering a downward spiral now? If you think that your just wrong, but maybe I misunderstood you.

Most good teams don’t crap the bed against any bad team so….Do you mean UGA is entering a downward spiral now? If you think that your just wrong, but maybe I misunderstood you.

I’m not sure how to spell it out any plainer as I don’t speak mutt but I’ll give it a try:

1. if Johnson beat bad uga teams in 2009 and 2010 mark Richt would have been fired.

2. UGA would have hired favorite son Will Muschamp.

3. Muschamp would’ve sucked and gotten fired after 3-4 years.

4. UGA would currently be in UT or UF type disarray with Florida and Tennessee in better places.

You would be wrong. Gailey kept UGA and Clemson from reaching the peak by recruiting people like Johnson, Thomas, Burnett, Dwyer, etc. Under CPJ, they got “all” the Georgia studs and it put them over the top.
So if I’m understanding this correctly, you believe GT kept UGA from being the best team it could be because GT got the above players and others and UGA didn’t. So if I apply your thinking to today UGA is the reason GT is 3-9 for 3 years in a row because UGA has out recruited GT. This can’t be what you are meaning.

So if I’m understanding this correctly, you believe GT kept UGA from being the best team it could be because GT got the above players and others and UGA didn’t. So if I apply your thinking to today UGA is the reason GT is 3-9 for 3 years in a row because UGA has out recruited GT. This can’t be what you are meaning.
UGA fans don't typically have good dialogues on this board.

I’m not sure how to spell it out any plainer as I don’t speak mutt but I’ll give it a try:

1. if Johnson beat bad uga teams in 2009 and 2010 mark Richt would have been fired.

2. UGA would have hired favorite son Will Muschamp.

3. Muschamp would’ve sucked and gotten fired after 3-4 years.

4. UGA would currently be in UT or UF type disarray with Florida and Tennessee in better places.
My bad as a UGA guy I fully realize I’m not as smart as you. You actually wasted 2 minutes of life concocting this scenario above? I thought you were smarter than me.

Back