Another fun BuzzOff story for you

I don\'t what the name Beebad has

to do with anything. It just a play on the word Bee. There a lot of names that play on the words Bee, Buzz, and Jacket. As far as the name Buzzoff goes, if Beebad used a name like Buzz or Ramblin Wreck, the GTAA would slap a lawsuit on him. Beebad has talked positively about Tech's athletics facilities and the city of Atlanta and those should be able to lure recruits. There are former players who post on Buzzoff. They wouldn't post there if they thought Beebad was trying to harm Tech. Also, you may need to start looking at the real problem. If Beebad changed his site to ihategeorgiatech.com and posted nothing but negative posts on Tech, he would still do less harm to the football program than Wayne Clough. He's the one who is turning us into Vanderbilt where our football team will be part of the intramural program. Beebad isn't causing the decline in attendance. Gailey's lackluster offense is. I was at school during one of the worst football stretches in history. I saw the mountain Homer Rice moved to make Tech athletics a success and revive the football program. I now see Clough and Braine tearing that down and it makes me angry. They should be the ones upsetting you not Beebad.
GTCrew: I'm sure you weren't bothered by UGA fans. Most left at halftime. The few that remained I'm sure were shocked to see a redshirt junior backup QB (Shockley) look so clueless. We spent the whole 3rd quarter in UGA territory and couldn't produce enough offense to win the game.

Re: I don\'t what the name Beebad has

In this thread, I've counted 20 posts by 3518techie trying to convince himself that Chan is no good.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

I shouldn't laugh, though, it's really quite sad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Here's to the 3518techie Chan bashing train derail.
food-smiley-004.gif

All I \'ve done is respond to people who asked

me questions and to bogus assertations like "looming academic problems". FHStinger, you are like Gailey's offense. A lot of talk but nothing really said. Go to the Hive where your pollyanna posts will be welcomed. Stay away from the adults where your lame arguments will be shot down like ducks at the shooting gallery.

3518.....why would a GT fan...

...bee as hostile/negative/critical/bitter as you are?

What part of Academic restrictions/don't cheat/Carol Moore/Jon Tenuta don't you understand?

Do I have questions about our QB and OL coaching? Hell yes. But 3518....you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater....give Chan a Chance mon.

Re: 3518.....why would a GT fan...

I'll reply for 3518 for you.

Blah Blah Blah Hawkins mumble fluff blah Johnson something something something Hawkins blah blah blah Johnson.

It was still crowded on the walk afterward.

Half the UGA fans leave with five to go anyway. The ones that were gone were mostly the same ones. The ones left were hardcore.

They were in shock.

Toejamb I doubt you are into anything moral. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif I am discussing the mood of the UGA fans. NOT THE MOOD OF THE GT FANS. GT FANS WERE NOT HAPPY. I WAS NOT HAPPY. BUT, the UGA fans were not happy either. None of them were cocky like the two bozos y'all listen to on Buzzoof. They appear to be using the kind of reverse psychology that works on a four year old and y'all are eating it up.

Sow the seeds of discontent and make sure Gailey is on the hotseat no matter what. Be negative 24/7. Bitch about the fans, the recruits, the players, the coaches, the admin, the academics, the school, the AA, the AD, the President, the attendance, the seats, the bowl, every loss, even bitch about the wins. Regurgitate ad-nauseum that anyone who isn't bitching as loud as you is accepting mediocrity. That is how you recruit well. That is how you put fans in the seats. This is obviously the golden path to building a program.

I have seen the light.

I\'m being negative???

1.) 2 years ago I posted about Chris Petersen. Had Petersen been the OC. We might have won the ACC in 2004. Instead we have one of the worst offenses in the country.

2.) I've argued for common sense standards on the academic side. Right now we could recruit Willie Willians (over 1000 on the SAT) but not Daryl Smith. I've also argued that Gailey should be able to talk to professor because I seriously doubt he would try to intimidate them. Other coaches have contact with professors.
3.) I've praised the job Col Stevens has done. I defy you to find one negative post I've made about him.
4.) I've proposed solutions to make sure they stretches we've had under Ross and O'Leary don't have to be flukes. I'm not sure how being a positive fan is posting a series of whiney posts saying "we can't do better than 6-5"

Re: 3518.....why would a GT fan...

[ QUOTE ]
I'll reply for 3518 for you.

Blah Blah Blah Hawkins mumble fluff blah Johnson something something something Hawkins blah blah blah Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot one... blah blah blah Chris Peterson, fluff, blah, ack, blah blah.

Read your own post.

#1. Our offense sucks (I left that off the list)

#2. The new academic standards suck.

#3. Positive

#4. We'll never have stretches as good as Ross (possible) or O'Leary (whatever). I guess this is a 'without my changes our program sucks' line. One last jab with an 'our fans suck, they are accepting mediocrity'.

If you think that's positive, you need to form a Col Stevens fan site and post entirely there. This is a GT site.

I need to number the things that suck and keep track. You couldve saved a lot of time with a

#1. #35
#2. #12
#3. Col Stvens is great.
#4. #9, #1, #1A

Re: I\'m being negative???

Am I hearing you right? Are you politicing for Braine's job?

GTCrew, you and other FOC\'ers on this board

don't represent true Tech fans. I sit in the West stands and know the real fans share my frustrations. All you care about his how close to the stadium your parking space is. Jim Stevens was the QB who led Tech to one of it's most emotional wins in school history at a time when controversy was swirling around the program. He took over a mess left on the academic side and has done a great job. Yet, you are willing to trash him to make Gailey look better. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Why don't you become a Vanderbilt fan? They would be thrilled going 6-5. You would fit right in.

I\'m not trashing Stevens...

You show me where I'm trashing Stevens.

I go to 90%+ of the games every year. I don't sit next to the same dozen crusty old complainers and claim they and I speak for the GT nation.

You are a bitter, negative person. You apparently don't even realize that your posts are constantly trashing the program. But since the West Standers think trashing the program is the path to a championship, count me in.

GT stinks. Are you happy with me now?

Re: GTCrew, you and other FOC\'ers on this board

I think you're losing is somewhat techie. I haven't seen anyone bash Col Stevens, certainly not GTCrew. Maybe you misunderstood something he said?

Interesting academic point though. I've come to believe that our major problem right now is the Institute's math requirement. We're the only school I know of that requires applicants to have taken 4 higher math courses in HS. Best I can tell, we don't relax that for athletes. To me, that's a bigger problem for kids than the SAT scores. In fact, there was a thread on the Hive that suggested we can in fact get relief from the SAT requirement, but not the math.

Assuming that's true it explains a lot to me. Duke generally requires 3 higher level maths, but for some majors it's two. UNC requires 3, in fact, the NCAA requires 2 IIRC.

This is a direct result of and tangible evidence of how a limited curriculum can hurt Tech. What it means is that a kid has to planning on college as a HS Fr to be sure he gets the proper math sequence. I wonder how many elite athletes are thinking that way as FR? Most that I've come into contact with don't start thinking college until later in their HS career. By then it's too late for some. But they don't need to worry because they can go to almost any NCAA college with 2 or 3 math courses...just not Tech.

[ QUOTE ]
don't represent true Tech fans. I sit in the West stands and know the real fans share my frustrations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sit in the West stands(Sec 110), too, and I haven't heard any Chan bashing.

3518techie = beeware/MsTA/BDghost

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif

Nope, he just wants to be
brainecol.jpg

(before the gray and beard)

I finally got mentioned on BO. I guess I should be giving an acceptance speech or something.

Would you mind walking over to that cesspool Stingtalk and tell Contact Buzz and Thunder that yes it is wrong for them to be wondering what is being said about Chan Gailey's heart attack on 'BuzzOFF'. As if we are that kind of people. The nerve of them assholes strikes me as outrageous!

I never stated that I expected anybody on BO to say one thing or another, especially since I don't have anything to say about BO in general, but it has been such a hot topic of conversation in here that I naturally wondered about it. However, statelinejacket apparently thinks he's a mindreader and decided to take my comment out of context. What a surprise.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
GTCrew, you and the other FOCERS don't represent true Tech fans. I sit in the West stands and know the real fans share my frustrations.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be the biggest misrepresentation I've seen. I know a lot of alumni who go to games. I know a ton of people who not only donate a LOT of money to the football program but also are diehards about their attendance. Besides that I've also had the opportunity to sit around and hear the opinions of some of the Life Members of the GTAA (Those that have at one time donated in excess of $100,000 to the GTAA). They all Want More like most people on this board, but they certainly think we are in a good position and are satisfied with what Gailey has done.

Now I would estimate that about half of them, me included are expecting some pretty big things this season from our football team, and on that note, certainly think Gailey can do it.

But go off and spin it some more. If you were even partially right 3518, then you'd see a lot more people on Buzzoff, but instead you get the same 4 people posting, with about 1/20th the amount of hits in a single message that this site receives. So stop acting like you represent the majority of Tech fans, you don't. That's why the Buzzoff clan has tried desperately to drum up business, because they know they are in the minority and it pisses them off.

all people who are not pleased with gailey dont go over and post on buzzoff.

NCJacket, GT_Crew trashed Col Stevens the

the same way I'm being negative by wanting a common sense recruiting policy by the Hill. BOR, does his 800th post about "you want to be the AD" and I guess is supposed to be clever this time. The FOC'ers on this board talk about Buzzoff being filled with bad people but I've never seen anybody on Buzzoff accuse another poster of being senile or attack a poster's wife. I say I like Paul Johnson as a coach and I get accused of being gay. Is that how FOC'ers show their class?

Back