Another fun BuzzOff story for you

Re: Defining the \"FOCER\".

[ QUOTE ]
I support Chan, because I want Tech football to succeed. I support Chan, because I support Georgia Tech.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10.gif

You just posted my feelings exactly, I love GT and always have I will support The School, The Students and The Coach I do it loyaly, not blindly. I will always support the teams and whom ever the coach is.When and if I think a coach has failed I'll expect him to be replaced. Bashing a coach IMO is wrong even when one fails, if he's given it his best shot Thats all we can ask.

BOR, that was a damm good post.

I\'ll pile on...

...great post BOR.

[ QUOTE ]
I support Chan, because I want Tech football to succeed. I support Chan, because I support Georgia Tech. Now sometimes I might disagree with Chan. Sometimes I might be critical of Chan because he ran the fade pattern on 4th and 1 on the goal line. But because I would do something different doesn't stray from the fact that I still want Chan to succeed because that is what is best for Tech. Therefore I support him because I support GT.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of this sentence don't the Bashers understand? Toe? 3518? Why do you work against GT? Please Explain. Chan ain't going nowhere, you're negativity is counter productiive.

Re: I\'ll pile on...

this has been critiqued more than the 2000 presidential election, i want gt to succeed , i havent been attending games at bds since 1957 because i was against tech, i love tech, it is my opinion and only my opinion , chan gailey will not make it as head coach at gt, if i am wrong, i will gladly sing his praises, right now the jury is still out.

I've always said I support TECH. That includes the teams and coaches. Might not agree with them but ALWAYS want them to succeed. Good post

But Gailey\'s not going anywhere...

...he has full support of his boss...and his boss's boss.

I am all for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I have some serious concerns about our OL and QB/OC coaching...but I'm not going to ask for our HC's head...especially during recruiting season. Let's bee rational/logical about discussions/critiques of our coaching staff...it reflects on all of us.

Re: But Gailey\'s not going anywhere...

[ QUOTE ]
...he has full support of his boss...and his boss's boss.

I am all for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I have some serious concerns about our OL and QB/OC coaching...but I'm not going to ask for our HC's head...especially during recruiting season. Let's bee rational/logical about discussions/critiques of our coaching staff...it reflects on all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that reflects worst on us is that we have posters who type 'bee' instead of 'be', IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
this has been critiqued more than the 2000 presidential election, i want gt to succeed , i havent been attending games at bds since 1957 because i was against tech, i love tech, it is my opinion and only my opinion , chan gailey will not make it as head coach at gt, if i am wrong, i will gladly sing his praises, right now the jury is still out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, the jury is out. But, this means the jury hasn't returned a guilty verdict yet. Gailey hasn't earned a contract extension yet, but he's done nothing to be fired. Let him finish his contract, then make your decision. Until then this discussion is pointless.

I agree, but this post and the hundreds before is sounding like a skipping CD. There are definetely two sides to this issue and both are extreme views. Kill'em or kiss CG's arse.

YLO, I\'ll give Gailey credit if he produces.

I've given him credit for Hollings. I gave him credit following the Auburn win. I'll give him credit if he wins 8 games with one caveat. We need significant improvement on the offense. Winning a bunch of games 10-7 is fine but that won't help in 2006 when we lose at least 6 starters on defense. There needs to be a game in the Gailey era where the offense bails out the defense for a change.
BOR, I'll define a FOC'er as a person who puts the interests of Chan Gailey above everything else. They'll say Tech is nothing more than Vanderbilt plus to make Gailey look better. Look at the defeatist posts by GEETEELEE and Rickyreck. Do you think those posts like Tech hasn't won consistently since Bobby Dodd (not accurate anyhow O'Leary went 41 - 19 for a 5 year stretch) are positive? Does that build up Georgia Tech? Why are Beebad and Stateline so bad? Because they would like to have a lead against UGA. Something that hasn't happened since 2001. How is asking for better than 6-5 tearing Tech down? There are 2 Dawgs who post on Buzzoff. They both defend Gailey. Why? They know they have it good as long as Gailey is here. They would much rather face Gailey than a Dan Hawkins or Paul Johnson.

Re: YLO, I\'ll give Gailey credit if he produces.

[ QUOTE ]
I've given him credit for Hollings. I gave him credit following the Auburn win. I'll give him credit if he wins 8 games with one caveat. We need significant improvement on the offense. Winning a bunch of games 10-7 is fine but that won't help in 2006 when we lose at least 6 starters on defense. There needs to be a game in the Gailey era where the offense bails out the defense for a change.
BOR, I'll define a FOC'er as a person who puts the interests of Chan Gailey above everything else. They'll say Tech is nothing more than Vanderbilt plus to make Gailey look better. Look at the defeatist posts by GEETEELEE and Rickyreck. Do you think those posts like Tech hasn't won consistently since Bobby Dodd (not accurate anyhow O'Leary went 41 - 19 for a 5 year stretch) are positive? Does that build up Georgia Tech? Why are Beebad and Stateline so bad? Because they would like to have a lead against UGA. Something that hasn't happened since 2001. How is asking for better than 6-5 tearing Tech down? There are 2 Dawgs who post on Buzzoff. They both defend Gailey. Why? They know they have it good as long as Gailey is here. They would much rather face Gailey than a Dan Hawkins or Paul Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer the dang question teckie... What will you do if GT wins 8 games this year?

Re: no problem mover

[ QUOTE ]
BOR, I'll define a FOC'er as a person who puts the interests of Chan Gailey above everything else

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of no posters that put the interests of Chan above everything else. You have gone way off into the full of BS end. I am probably one of the most staunch supporters of Chan - because he is our head coach. If he is ever replaced, I will support that coach, whoever he is, with as much enthusiasm as I support our current coach. I will not put Chan or the next head coach over my support of the football team, but my support for the coach goes hand in hand with my support for the team - WHILE HE IS COACH.

I do not throw my full support behind Curry any longer (other than as an alum), nor Rogers (ditto), Ross, Lewis or GOL. They are not here anymore. Water under the bridge.

If you get your wish and Johnson is our next HC somewhere down the line. I will not degrade him at every opportunity like the buzzoffers do for Chan. I will not degrade ANY of our our SA's because he is having a rough go of it. I will not slam a recruit because he was recruited by UAB at one point. I will support Our coach, SA's and recruits 100% - LIKE I DO NOW. I suppose if Johnson were here and loses a few games more than you think he should, you'll be calling for his dismissal too since your support is so fleeting.

BTW, I wanted Charlie Strong to be our HC after GOL, FWIW.

Re: no problem mover

JJ, He was my choice too. The sad thing is we would still be FOC'er today.It just would'nt have been Chan it would be Charlie.
I just thought about this if Paul Johnson ever gets the job at GT, you and I will be FOP'ers.

Great poast BOR!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

JJacket, Gailey has to be held to some standards

any standards. He made the decision to run the offense and he has to be held accountable for it's failings. If I think it's in the best interests of Tech to replace Gailey, I'm supporting Tech. Being blindly loyal to Gailey does not make you a better fan. Gailey lost my support through a series of bad decisions that I think have come to or are coming to roost. I would hold Paul Johnson and Dan Hawkins to the same standards as I do Gailey and that involves more than "a couple of more losses than expected".

Re: JJacket, Gailey has to be held to some standards

In other words... He could win 12 games this year and you still wouldn't support him>

Re: RickyReck this is a worn out excuse IYAM...

Agree with you, some folks like to over look some of the bad. I've talked with a few players, and a few parents of players, one parent went so far as to tell me she told CCG he was a liar to his face. Did it happen, I don't know but I do tend to believe it or she would not have volunteered the info to a stranger on a plane with only a Tech hat on. She was a flight attend. for Delta whose son played for Tech and is a grad this year. Lets not just look at the roses but we must also the thorns. But, you did forget one, UNC this past season.

Back