Another fun BuzzOff story for you

Re: RickyReck this is a worn out excuse IYAM...

Foggy, my parents had choice words for Curry. Before we believe everything we hear let's look back on the kids career and see if he upheld his end of the bargain fully.

Parents have a way of over reacting because little johnny didn't quite cut it in college and wasn't the BMOC like he was in high school.

Re: YLO, I\'ll give Gailey credit if he produces.

[ QUOTE ]
BOR, I'll define a FOC'er as a person who puts the interests of Chan Gailey above everything else. They'll say Tech is nothing more than Vanderbilt plus to make Gailey look better. Look at the defeatist posts by GEETEELEE and Rickyreck. Do you think those posts like Tech hasn't won consistently since Bobby Dodd (not accurate anyhow O'Leary went 41 - 19 for a 5 year stretch) are positive? Does that build up Georgia Tech?

[/ QUOTE ]
No those posts aren't positive and I've attacked those posts the same way. Most of us don't agree with that. I will say that I don't know anyone, and I mean ANYONE, on the boards or in person that would put Chan Gailey's interests above GT's interest. I certainly don't and never have. But saying a man that won 7 games should be fired int he first or second year is not putting Chan's interest above GT's. Its putting the interest of GT first and foremost. Its silly firing a coach under those circumstances when he hasn't even fielded a team of his seniors. That is NOT good for GT.

[ QUOTE ]
Why are Beebad and Stateline so bad? Because they would like to have a lead against UGA. Something that hasn't happened since 2001. How is asking for better than 6-5 tearing Tech down?

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, I don't have a problem with that. Never did. My problem is that they've consistently took shots at more than just Chan Gailey and they flat out try to market against him, which at this point is counterproductive. If Chan in year 4 and 5 is doing the same thing he did in year 1 and 2, I could certainly understand a few who would be so vocal as "Chan needs to go". But that's not their issue. They have done their damnest to tear down GT and its fans, NOT Gailey. So don't give me this crap that all they are asking for is more. They're not. They hide their contempt behind that piss poor excuse all the while parading around making GT look like crap. So again, they are not complimentery of GT at all. If you believe they are, then you need to look up the word complimentery.

[ QUOTE ]
There are 2 Dawgs who post on Buzzoff. They both defend Gailey. Why? They know they have it good as long as Gailey is here. They would much rather face Gailey than a Dan Hawkins or Paul Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't give a crap about what a dog thinks. There were dogs who used to compliment O'Leary all day long too, and that's when we were beating them. I know Dogs that wish Chan Gailey the worst all day long too. So what does that mean?

Re: no problem mover

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I wanted Charlie Strong to be our HC after GOL, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

oldfoggy I left UNC off my list...

...b/c they turned out to be a lot better than anyone expected. Especially after knocking off Miami and making it to a bowl game. We still should have beaten them don't get me wrong but I consider the VT loss at home worse given how it finished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gif

The thing that kills me with Gailey is our fanbase SHOULD be united behind him if you simply look at his W/L record. But a lot of us die-hards can't separate that from 51-7, 39-3, etc. For each step forward he seems to take 2 steps back.

Your Delta story is interesting. There's a guy in my office who was all-ACC on our OL from 84-87 who refuses to step foot inside BDS while Chan is our HC. As much as GT Dean, YLO, etc, want everyone to believe it's only BuzzOff the truth is these feelings run much deeper throughout the GT nation...

Re: Your Delta story doesn\'t mean much foggy...

..because parents mostly don't know what in hell is going on on the field. I was chastised repeatedly for not playing their lazy sons who broke team rules when I coached junior league baseball.

Re: oldfoggy I left UNC off my list...

[ QUOTE ]
Your Delta story is interesting. There's a guy in my office who was all-ACC on our OL from 84-87 who refuses to step foot inside BDS while Chan is our HC. As much as GT Dean, YLO, etc, want everyone to believe it's only BuzzOff the truth is these feelings run much deeper throughout the GT nation...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree that most GT fans aren't thrilled with what Coach Gailey has done so far, but they don't act like a woman scorned like the BuzzOFFers do. There is a difference between not being happy with the job he's done and the hate and contempt you find on BuzzOFF.

If you don't concede that is the fringe opinion, then I would say you are mistaken.

Yawn... No one has said that. But if you sleep with dogs, I guess you could catch fleas..

So it makes you a diehard since you can't forget 2 games? Give me a break... You sound like peepad...That's a SORRY ass excuse.

You act like we have forgot about those 2 games. Not forgotten and not forgiven.

I guess you've forgotten about O'Leary's DIASTERS also?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree that most GT fans aren't thrilled with what Coach Gailey has done so far, but they don't act like a woman scorned like the BuzzOFFers do. There is a difference between not being happy with the job he's done and the hate and contempt you find on BuzzOFF.

If you don't concede that is the fringe opinion, then I would say you are mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks CCU.. I totally agree!!!

What Team did this OL make 2nd or 3rd? because the only two linemen who were all acc during 84-87 where myself and Tony Kepano and Kepano finished in 85. I'm interested to see who that may be. I will try to find a more indepth listing if you cannot help me out.

Also, GT to my memory has never had a 4 year ALL ACC lineman as you state.

[ QUOTE ]
..I would agree that most GT fans aren't thrilled with what Coach Gailey has done so far, but they don't act like a woman scorned like the BuzzOFFers do. ..

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif Holy crap, you just nailed it! What a bunch of hens! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hugelaugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John, I don't remember one either and I am also interested.

[ QUOTE ]
What Team did this OL make 2nd or 3rd? because the only two linemen who were all acc during 84-87 where myself and Tony Kepano and Kepano finished in 85. I'm interested to see who that may be. I will try to find a more indepth listing if you cannot help me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

RM he was not all-ACC all 4 years, my apologies. I think it was just his senior year in '87 and it could have been 2nd team, not sure. He's moved to a different group so I don't see him much these days. I'll send you a private message and let you know who I'm talking about...

RM thanks for the note back...

I was mistaken about my friend and I apologize. As you said y'all played together but he was not voted to any of the all-ACC teams during his time on the flats. My conversation with him about this was probably 12+ years ago so I gotta chalk it up to foggy recollection over that much time. I must have made the assumption, I'm sure this is my mistake not his...

[quote but they don't act like a woman scorned like the BuzzOFFers do. There is a difference between not being happy with the job he's done and the hate and contempt you find on BuzzOFF.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a hot sauce called "Scorned Woman's Hot Sauce". Its pretty damn hot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/offtopic.gif

BOR, you seem to run hot and cold on Gailey

so I really don't exactly what your feelings are. Beebad has been complimentary of Hewitt and Cremins. He's been more complimentary of Roof than I've been. He doesn't support Gailey but that doesn't make him anti-Tech. I don't know what UGA fans you are talking about. Most UGA fans despised O'Leary. They called him names like O'Lardy. Why? because he built a competitive team that could go toe-to-toe and beat UGA. I remember back in the 1980's UGA people calling call-in shows bashing Homer Rice. You would have thought Rice violated every NCAA rule known to man. Rice had re-built Tech athletics and they knew Tech was no longer the dormat of the early 80's. I doubt there any UGA fans out there who despise Gailey. He's ignored at best and regarded as a joke at worst. I'm sure a lot of UGA fans would love to shutdown Buzzoff. They don't want a bunch of rabble-rowsers ruining the good thing they've got going in Gailey. UGA fans like to have it easy. They could have played Nebraska home and home but chose Georgia Southern and Northwestern State. With Gailey, they have it easy. I don't want to become Vanderbilt and hope we beat UGA once a decade. I want a coach who will put some fear and loathing back in the doggies the way O'Leary did.

Give me a break...

UGA fans were in shock leaving Stinky Stadium last year. By far the most peaceful, pleasant walk I have ever had back to the car in Athens following a loss. Chatted with a few and enjoyed it. Reminded me of the year Lil Joe almost upset FSU in tally. They were quiet as a mouse leaving Doak Campbell. People were literally whispering when conversing.

Dawg fans who know football are nervous. They have seen coaches come in like gangbusters and peter out before. But no way our two star scrubs with no OC should have one of the most talented teams ever to be assembled at UGA on the ropes like that. Of course we made a mistake and lost, but there was one team in control that day, the team in white.

Re: BOR, you seem to run hot and cold on Gailey

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure a lot of UGA fans would love to shutdown Buzzoff. They don't want a bunch of rabble-rowsers ruining the good thing they've got going in Gailey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever it takes for you to sleep at night. You still haven't acknowledged the fact that the guys I've mentioned continuously take pot shots at more than just Gailey. They've dumped on the fan base, dumped on the administration, dumped on the student athletes, dumped on the recruits, dumped on fellow fans, and dumped on the school itself, all because they aren't happy with the coach. That's why they suck. So if you want to justify that behavior in your own head to make you feel better then go ahead. But no one here is saying that if you completely despise Gailey that somehow you are only welcomed on Buzzoff.

Buzzoff has continually shown that they are willing to do or say anything damaging to the school, to the program, to the student, etc. etc. just to let people know they are unhappy with a coach. And that, no matter how you look at it, is just WRONG.

I haven't been ecstatic about Gailey's performance and have been highly critical of the man, but that doesn't justify me in purposely starting a smear campaign about everything Tech. And don't give me this BS about, "Oh but they support Hewitt". There's enough posts on there that are flat out embaressing to GT that pointing to their support for Hewitt hardly justifies that behavior.

I mean for a guy who seems so smart you come across as being completely ignorant at times. You defend a guy whose very name Beebad is a negative conotation. What's he doing? he's being bad. He doesn't care. His site is called "Buzz Off". As in Go the hell away, f--- off, to hell with you, etc. etc. So you are telling me he is starting a website with the intentions of complimenting GT? Give me a damn break and stop being so ignorant. Beebad could care less. What gets him off is pissing people off and doing what he wants to do despite how it looks on your alma mater. And that doesn't bother you? Please get a clue.

I welcome your posts here. You tend to state your problems well and you defend them with good evidence, but your continual tolerance and support of that site makes you lose a lot of credibility.

Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor..

Rome civilization falls. Why do you use the 'we lost' deflection to dismiss a post that discusses the mood of the UGA fanbase. They should've been ecstatic and they were not.

You claim UGA fans want Gailey to stay. I don't buy it based on my first hand experience.

Yes, the dawg fans were giddy after the first two Richt seasons. Their temperment has mellowed to say the least.

But they won! Woohoo! Ignore the discussion points! Woohoo!

Back